FOOD LOVERS FAT LOSS SYSTEM

ok, so i wake up this morning, turn on food network, and see th fat lovers fat loss program once again. I am still flabergasted by the fact that i see almost no one using this plan on here. You get to eat like an everyday human being, eat out, eat pancakes, chocolate, waffles, steak, potatos, EVERYTHING. Yet people don't want to do it. When people diet, they typically try and set a standard eating habit for the rest of their lives. By reducing your calorie intake to 1200-1400 calories per day, there is a high probability that you will gain that weight back in the future. Reason being is because at that point you have two choices..
1- continue eating 1200-1400 cals per day and wtch your bones deteriorate over time... or
2- go back to eating normally at about 2000 calories per day and maybe even continue to increase from there, and see yourself gaining some weight back.

What people should really take into consideration is that the Fat Lovers Fat Loss System is not a diet. It is a way of life. You don't remove foods from your everyday intake, you just combine protein, a slow carb, and a fast carb together. This puts your body into fat burning mode almost 24/7 and it keeps your blood sugar levels from going up to high, or dropping down to low (which a lot of diets where people eat 1200cals/day do). I bet if more people on this site try it, there willl be twice as much weight loss, and twice as many happy and healthy lives continuing on in the future.

-I wonder how many people I can get to swithc over.. hmmm ;)

Replies

• RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
  • RichGebs
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    haven't heard of this. May have to check it out.
    But I am enjoying mfp and what I am doing right now too !!
  • Do you use that system..?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Sounds interesting...I will have to check it out. I haven't heard of it...probably because having a husband a 5 year old son I don't get to control the remote that often :) What I do know is that I am definitely not dieting now. I am eating proper portions of the foods I like, and I love it! Thanks for posting!
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Might be good, but it's too complicated for me.. lol, i know what contains proteins and i know what contains carbs, but i know nothing of slow and fast carbs and unless someone produces a list for me, i don't feel like researching lol.. i've been losing weight like this so far so i'm happy..

although i hvae to admit, i still eat everything, meat potatoes vegetables snacks, i didn't cut out anything and my dinners are almost always a form of potatoes, vegetables and meat.. maybe i'm unknowingly alreayd doing it..
  • RichGebs
    Do you use that system..?

my mom does and she lost 35 pounds in a little over a month with it. she ate like she normally did but incorporated better combos of fast, clow carbs, and proteins :)
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    It sounds like a great idea, but, just like Weight Watchers, you have to pay for it, and as I'm a poor student, I'd rather do it my way, even if it's slower and not as effective. I'll get to the same end one day anyway :)
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member

I googled it... I am trying to save money - so it's not for me. But it probably is a good plan and helps guide those who will use it.
    Thanks for the info.
  • RichGebs
    Might be good, but it's too complicated for me.. lol, i know what contains proteins and i know what contains carbs, but i know nothing of slow and fast carbs and unless someone produces a list for me, i don't feel like researching lol.. i've been losing weight like this so far so i'm happy..

although i hvae to admit, i still eat everything, meat potatoes vegetables snacks, i didn't cut out anything and my dinners are almost always a form of potatoes, vegetables and meat.. maybe i'm unknowingly alreayd doing it..

http://www.ehow.com/list_7386367_list-slow-fast-carbs.html

here are some examples and a brief summary if you are interested :)
  • jtkelley420
    jtkelley420 Posts: 24
    I'll have to check it out!!!
  • RichGebs

I googled it... I am trying to save money - so it's not for me. But it probably is a good plan and helps guide those who will use it.
    Thanks for the info.

you are very welcome :)
  • vanb0052
    vanb0052 Posts: 50 Member

I did a quick google search, and found this list if your interested
    http://www.slowcarbliving.com/slow/files/scfdlist1.pdf
  • RichGebs
    if any of you need some more info, feel free to message me, or you could even look videos up on youtube, or even just google "fast carb, slow carb" or something like that :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I bet most of us aren't going to eat 1200-1500 calories per day for the rest of our lives, just until we reach our goal weight. Then we'll eat maintenance calories. For me (female) that will be closer to 1600, for men that will be closer to (2000).
  • RichGebs
    I bet most of us aren't going to eat 1200-1500 calories per day for the rest of our lives, just until we reach our goal weight. Then we'll eat maintenance calories. For me (female) that will be closer to 1600, for men that will be closer to (2000).

Well only time will tell but still wouldnt you be happy knowing that you could eat all your favorite foods guiltless!
  • RichGebs
    Bump
  • RichGebs
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    I've considered it many times but always get stopped by the cost. Thanks for you recommendation, I will keep it in mind!
  • RichGebs
    I've considered it many times but always get stopped by the cost. Thanks for you recommendation, I will keep it in mind!

You are very welcome! I guarantee that the money will be well spent if purchased :)