Your strangest NSV's...?

Options
13»

Replies

• jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Painting my toenails last night, I realized that I wasn't cutting off my air supply to bend over! And of course that I was able to bend over and paint my toenails!
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to lay in bed and hit the snooze button at least 4 times, then drag myself out of bed and into the shower. I've only been at this for 30 days, but now I'm wide awake before my alarm goes off (now set to 1 hour earlier so I can get in a workout before work), and I am soaking wet before I even get in the shower :) I have so much more energy all day long!
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I dunno about strange, but here's a few out of the ordinary NSVs
    -I'm rummaging through my "goodwill donation" bags looking for things that I discarded years ago because they were too small.
    -My pants got too big... Wore a belt... Belt got too big... Bought another one... I'm good for now ;)
    -This is the first time ever that I go shopping for clothes that are too small for me
    -My scale batteries are dead from weighing myself everyday
    -I have more gym clothes than regular clothes.
    -When on a plane, I don't have to be elbow buddies with the person sitting next to me
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm going backwards in time. Like, I am a time traveler. I look like I did when I was younger, I feel like I did when I was younger, and I want to do the things I did when I was younger like dance around my living room and shave my legs. My husband, who is on MFP with me, looks like a college kid these days. We're wearing clothes we wore when we met in college. I keep looking for my Tardis and I'm thinking of carrying a screwdriver in my pocket.

Me to isnt it a great feeling
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Last summer my feet and ankles were so swollen i had to buy a size 12 slide in sandal just to have something on my feet. This summer I am back in my 8.5 - 9 shoes and sandals comfortably. Once I cut out processed foods and soda all that hidden sodium got cut out of y diet.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    This is so much strange as happy, the other day I was at my mother in law and she has a huge yard. Well I have a 4 2 and 1 year old kids, as we played outside I was able to keep up with them! I think my 4 year old son was getting annoyed that daddy wasn't giving up lol
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    My strangest NSV came while I was playing with the kids at the playground and realized I fit, the normal way, down the slide, without having to turn sideways to go down!! WHEEEEE!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'll qualify this one as strange because it comes from someone who doesn't speak much... I was picking up two of my children at a friend's house and chatted a bit with her husband on the porch... The next day, my friend called to say her husband had said:"Wow! I can't believe how much Lily has shrunk!". So she asked if he had mentioned anything to me... :"No." Lol! Glad she told me!:laugh: :happy:
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    These are all awesome!

I've got a tattoo on my stomach that's awful but I'm excited to see again! And I don't snooze my alarm either any more, I didn't even think about that :)
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    About 6 weeks after I started eating healthier, a friend and I went to Steak'n'Shake for dinner and I ordered a single cheeseburger, I used to always order a double. I got through only half of it and started feeling nauseous. More recently I moved from the last set of hooks on my bra to the first set!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Getting on an airplane and not worrying about whether or not I'll have to call a flight attendant for a seatbelt extender.
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sitting down in a theater chair for an awards ceremony the other day, I was able to tuck BOTH of my arms inside the arm rests and avoided that "I'm taking up too much of your space" feeling with the total stranger sitting next to me.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My feet are a bit smaller. Have been a 7.5-8 (depending on the shoe) since I had my last child. I'm now a 7.5 in all shoes, and a 7 in shoes that only come in whole sizes. What's a girl to do, but shop for more shoes?!?! :)
  • CharityAngel
    CharityAngel Posts: 111
    Options
    I have had so many NSV that I will just list a few, but I have to say that I have hit points where I get all emotional because I cannot believe that I am really doing it some days.

*I love to workout now, if you interrupt my life and I do not workout when I want, I will get upset LOL
    *I can do strength training for an hour and cardio for 45 to an hour when I used to only handle dancing to one song.
    *I can run and it doesn't feel awkward.
    *My wedding ring is so loose that I have to be careful it does not fly off
    *The beginning of April, I went to try on a raincoat that was smaller than what I normally get it fir and for the first time in a very long time I was happy to try on clothes and I did not cry about being ugly/fat/unattractive.
    *I realized that I had not been eating enough calories for most of my life and that has helped my entire family.
    *My daughter telling me that my body is so different, that she thought I pasted my head on another body LOL
    *My husband telling me that I have a tight butt. (He can almost hold both cheeks in one hand.
    *I feel like a small woman, and I am often surprised at the places I fit into.
    *My sister, who normally says nothing to anyone about weight and doesn't care about things like that said to me that she could not help but say something because of how obvious all my hard work is.
    *I was laying on the bed, and the full length mirror showed a body that I did not think I would ever have again. (Looking forward to stronger abs to keep it that way when I stand)
    *A friend who had not seen me for 18 months told me that I look incredibly awesome.
    *My skin is smoother and softer
    *I look younger
    *I got some size med/small shirts given to me and they all fit.
    *I went from a size 14/16 jeans to a lose 12 in 4 weeks.
    *I am starting to see definition in my upper abs
    *My loose skin is shrinking.
    *I realize that I can do this, that my genetics have nothing to do with what I can or cannot do when it comes to weight and fitness.
    *Even on the tightest bra hooks, it my bras are too loose.
    *I can lay flat and feel my spine and lay all the way flat backed
    *I can touch my toes while standing and also while sitting.
    *My strength has improved that I have progressed from no weights for my routine to 5lbs and now many of them I need 10lbs to feel like I am working.
    *I have to practice good posture when sitting, or I hurt from lack of cushioning.
    *I have more energy, and often want to go and be even more active
    *I feel really good about my progress. I feel good about myself a lot more than I did before.
    *I have had the courage to work on the inside too. And deal with past pain I have ignored.
    *I have lost 35.25 inches all over my body. (as of May 6)
    *I am excited to measure and weigh again the beginning of June. (I used to hate the scale, the mirror, and trying anything on, now I am starting to love them all)

There are many more, but those are the ones that stick out right now
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Lady you're on FIRE! All of those were great :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!