Healthy chips for dipping?

Options
13»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I like kale chips and all, but those suckers are delicate. I can't imagine using them to dip into hummus.

I love cucumbers and celery with hummus.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Dippydog wrote: »
    I know that I am probably in the minority here, but I recently tried hummus (roasted garlic flavor) and did not care for it. What am I missing about the whole hummus thing?:huh:

Sabra is the only store-bought hummus that I like. I've tried just about every other brand and have been disappointed. A lot of them seem to have a lot of cumin in them, which I like but NOT in hummus.

I love making homemade hummus in my Vitamix the best though. I like my hummus very citrusy, so I can add plenty of lemon juice that way.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Check out Mary's organic crackers :)
  • p0ck3t
    p0ck3t Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    trader joe's reduced guilt baked blue corn tortilla chips are awesome with hummus! so are pretzels/pretzel thins! both come in at 110 cals per oz!
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    I just use veggies to dip. Cherry/grape tomatoes, celery, slice bell peppers, broccoli, carrots.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Veggies in hummus = pure heaven. Carrots sliced at an angle (disk/oval) work great, as does broccoli, bell peppers sliced lengthwise like chips. Romaine is also great with hummus. I like spreading the hummus on the leaf, putting in a baby carrot, and then rolling the whole thing up. Celery is a goodun. Sliced raw radishes are also tasty in hummus. Zucchini and cucumber cut at a slight angle also work well and give you a potato chip level of surface area.

You can also make (more involved) sweet potato chips in the oven.

I eat arnold brand sandwich things. Toast them and then slice them like a pizza for a great chip.

Pretzels are also great in hummus. As are bagel thins/bagel chips.

Hummus is also a great sandwich spread/burger topping.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I like kale chips and all, but those suckers are delicate. I can't imagine using them to dip into hummus.

I love cucumbers and celery with hummus.

This on the kale chips. Even collard chips, which I prefer because they are stronger and less easy to scorch...not sturdy enough for hummus.

I like hummus with veggies of all sorts and also spread it on flatbreads, which I then load up with arugula, cukes, and poached chicken...roll up and NOM for a super filling high-protein, high-fiber lunch at under 200 calories!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I typically use sliced cucumber in place of chips :)
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If you have to have a chip, try one of the Beanitos flavors. I love the black bean version but I do believe there is a pinto bean one too. Yummy, low in calories and non-GMO too.