Bad Spirits......

Options
Sooooooo it's Friday and the spirits are on my mind! :bigsmile:

Bad Ones (IMHO)

1. Miller Beer (not the MGD) - taste like a specimen you leave at the drs. :sick:
2. Scotch - taste like burnt lighter fluid
3. Sweet wines (yes...wine made my list!) - just go ahead & hit my head with a hammer. Saves me the calories & the affect is the same. headache.png

Yours? :drinker:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sooooooo it's Friday and the spirits are on my mind! :bigsmile:

Bad Ones (IMHO)

1. Miller Beer (not the MGD) - taste like a specimen you leave at the drs. :sick:
    2. Scotch - taste like burnt lighter fluid
    3. Sweet wines (yes...wine made my list!) - just go ahead & hit my head with a hammer. Saves me the calories & the affect is the same. headache.png

Yours? :drinker:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Capt'n and coke with the lime or anything frozen with lots of ice cream. Very bad but very yummy.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Capt'n and coke with the lime or anything frozen with lots of ice cream. Very bad but very yummy.

I was at a bar in Santa Fe where they made Pina Coladas using Haagen Das ice cream. You couldn't get drunk off them because you could only have one, but holy smokes, they were good!!! :love:

Along those lines - I like eggnog w/bourbon too. :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

I was at a bar in Santa Fe where they made Pina Coladas using Haagen Das ice cream. You couldn't get drunk off them because you could only have one, but holy smokes, they were good!!! :love:

I was at a bar at the Governers Inn in Santa Fe, Nm, and got drunk off of tequila on ice. mmmmmmm.....makes me fiesty too:devil: :devil: Always know what's on the hubby's mind when he buys Tequila!! :bigsmile:

Mmmmmmm....bourbon and eggnog.....goodness....

I love me some margaritas! Going to a Parrot Head party tonight....:drinker: :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    When I was in Jamaica several years ago, I had a Pina Colada made with Jamaican white rum.
    Trust me, after only 1 drink, I was speaking Patois. "yeah, man"!
  • Shannon023
    Options

I was at a bar at the Governers Inn in Santa Fe, Nm, and got drunk off of tequila on ice. mmmmmmm.....makes me fiesty too:devil: :devil: Always know what's on the hubby's mind when he buys Tequila!! :bigsmile:

I love me some margaritas! Going to a Parrot Head party tonight....:drinker: :drinker:

mmmm...margs......:tongue:

I don't like fruity ones, but I make them with a shot (or 2) of Amaretto added. nom-nom-nom:drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    my favorite drink is raspberry stoli's, w/ sprite (diet), a nice splash of cranberry and a twist of lime....yum and I only need a few to get to happy town!!!

LOL....and lo cal too so when I do indulge I choose those...they are a b*%&^ to order though....:grumble:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I've recently switched from Bud Light to Morgan and Diets....

They're about 65 calories each....

Which is fine, until you start drinking like a fish....

I drank ten of them the other night. :ohwell:

Bottoms Up!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Fab140
    Options

mmmm...margs......:tongue:

I don't like fruity ones, but I make them with a shot (or 2) of Amaretto added. nom-nom-nom:drinker:

My papa-in-law makes the best! A dash of the mix over ice. Add tequila and amaretto to taste. lol!!!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    my favorite drink is raspberry stoli's, w/ sprite (diet), a nice splash of cranberry and a twist of lime....yum and I only need a few to get to happy town!!!

LOL....and lo cal too so when I do indulge I choose those...they are a b*%&^ to order though....:grumble:

I bet! :laugh: You should just write it out & hand it to the bartender. :laugh:

My fave homemade drink - vanilla vodka, diet ginger ale and a little maraschino cherry juice with a cherry.

{{happy sigh}}
  • Fab140
    Options

My fave homemade drink - vanilla vodka, diet ginger ale and a little maraschino cherry juice with a cherry.

{{happy sigh}}

Can I come live with you????
  • Fab140
    Options
    I've recently switched from Bud Light to Morgan and Diets....

They're about 65 calories each....

Which is fine, until you start drinking like a fish....

I drank ten of them the other night. :ohwell:

Bottoms Up!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

that's 65 cals an oz! Mine tend to be about 4 oz to a can of diet soda.....adds up real fast!
  • Shannon023
    Options

{{happy sigh}}

You'll have to sign a medical waiver first! :laugh:

But sure!! :drinker: :heart:
  • Fab140
    Options

{{happy sigh}}

You'll have to sign a medical waiver first! :laugh:

But sure!! :drinker: :heart:

:laugh: :laugh:

*whipes out the pen* I'm prepared!!
  • RedCurls
    Options
    I have been craving a simple Long Island Iced Tea for the past two and a half years... I was pregnant, had a miscarriage, got pregnant again and now I am still breastfeeding. Eli is almost one though so pretty soon I can finally have one. :) I have no idea why I have been craving Long Island Iced Tea so much. I didn't drink very often when I could drink and I hardly ever drank Long Island Iced Teas. Anyways... That would be my drink of choice if I could drink at the moment.
  • Fab140
    Options
    I have been craving a simple Long Island Iced Tea for the past two and a half years... I was pregnant, had a miscarriage, got pregnant again and now I am still breastfeeding. Eli is almost one though so pretty soon I can finally have one. :) I have no idea why I have been craving Long Island Iced Tea so much. I didn't drink very often when I could drink and I hardly ever drank Long Island Iced Teas. Anyways... That would be my drink of choice if I could drink at the moment.

You're an awesome mommy!!!

I make cheap teas. Vodka and Tea!! :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

lol, when you can't have one, you want one. I was the same way when I was pregnant. I wanted cheap wine like White Zinfandel. After I had my daughter, I didn't want it anymore. Go figure!

Enjoy your LIIT when you do have it!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Oh my gosh, after 2.5 years a Long Island's gonna land you on your bum, missy! :laugh:

Your av pic is adorable, btw! :love:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My favorite at-home drink is Absolut Pear with lemonade(country time) and a splash of cranberry. :tongue:

Or......MGD lite if I'm in the mood for beer

Or......captain and diet sprite, yum! :drinker:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You've heared about people who claim to be allergic to alcohol and figured it was a polite way to say that they're recovering, right? Uhmmmm.......there actually ARE people who really and truly DO have allergic reactions to alcohol ~ I'm one of 'em :blushing: :drinker: =:sick: Doesn't matter if it's wine, beer, liquor or combination thereof. Said alcoholic beverage hits the stomach, makes a U-turn, leaving gawd-awful gastro-intestinal evidence behind, headaches..........sooo NOT something worth deliberately experiencing! My mother, 2 of my maternal aunts and my maternal uncle (rest them all)were the same way so I've always figured that it was some genetic quirk that came from that side of the family. I can tolerate things like fruitcake that had had rum added to it prior to baking so I'm guessing that since the cooking process burns off the alcohol, it's the actual alcohol that's the :devil: Dunno ~ just know that the spirits around here are more of the noncorporeal kind :wink: :bigsmile: :laugh: