Bad Spirits......

Options

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    When I was in Jamaica several years ago, I had a Pina Colada made with Jamaican white rum.
    Trust me, after only 1 drink, I was speaking Patois. "yeah, man"!

Every time we were in Jamaica at the bar they always shouted "Fire Wata!!"
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I don't drink mind altering beverages.nonoemoticon.gif

:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You've heared about people who claim to be allergic to alcohol and figured it was a polite way to say that they're recovering, right? Uhmmmm.......there actually ARE people who really and truly DO have allergic reactions to alcohol ~ I'm one of 'em :blushing: :drinker: =:sick: Doesn't matter if it's wine, beer, liquor or combination thereof. Said alcoholic beverage hits the stomach, makes a U-turn, leaving gawd-awful gastro-intestinal evidence behind, headaches..........sooo NOT something worth deliberately experiencing! My mother, 2 of my maternal aunts and my maternal uncle (rest them all)were the same way so I've always figured that it was some genetic quirk that came from that side of the family. I can tolerate things like fruitcake that had had rum added to it prior to baking so I'm guessing that since the cooking process burns off the alcohol, it's the actual alcohol that's the :devil: Dunno ~ just know that the spirits around here are more of the noncorporeal kind :wink: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Doesn't matter to me how much alcohol fruit cake has in it.....:sick:

You poor, dear! :flowerforyou: (Although my liver envies yours) :embarassed:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ...along those lines - I like eggnog w/bourbon too. :bigsmile:

OMG - is it Xmas yet? Can I just pretend??!! Loves me some 'nog & bourbon. Of course, I loves me some 7Up & bourbon, Diet Coke & bourbon, Gatorade & bourbon.....notice a theme? :noway: :wink: I was on a vodka jag for about 2 years (yes, I drank LOTS of Cosmo's - thank you!), did it all, now getting into bourbon. So tasty!

As for your scotch comment, I mostly agree but I do enjoy the McCallen 18; very nice on ice. I should post a pic of my bar sometime; we like us some alkyhal!!! :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    When I was in Jamaica several years ago, I had a Pina Colada made with Jamaican white rum.
    Trust me, after only 1 drink, I was speaking Patois. "yeah, man"!

Every time we were in Jamaica at the bar they always shouted "Fire Wata!!"

:laugh: :laugh:

Fire water for real!
    Jamaican's have a way of making every thing they say sound very cool.
  • Shannon023
    Options

{{thinking back to our first chat session}}

Nooooooooooo...of course you don't. :laugh:
  • Emdicio
    Options
    My favorite at-home drink is Absolut Pear with lemonade(country time) and a splash of cranberry. :tongue:

Or......MGD lite if I'm in the mood for beer

Or......captain and diet sprite, yum! :drinker:

Pear vodka and 7Up w/splash of pineapple juice is a frequent choice at our house. So good...
  • Shannon023
    Options
    ...along those lines - I like eggnog w/bourbon too. :bigsmile:

OMG - is it Xmas yet? Can I just pretend??!! Loves me some 'nog & bourbon. Of course, I loves me some 7Up & bourbon, Diet Coke & bourbon, Gatorade & bourbon.....notice a theme? :noway: :wink: I was on a vodka jag for about 2 years (yes, I drank LOTS of Cosmo's - thank you!), did it all, now getting into bourbon. So tasty!

As for your scotch comment, I mostly agree but I do enjoy the McCallen 18; very nice on ice. I should post a pic of my bar sometime; we like us some alkyhal!!! :drinker:

I'll be right over. th_flirt.gif
  • SoupNazi
    Options

{{thinking back to our first chat session}}

Nooooooooooo...of course you don't. :laugh:

I....I was high on life.whistle.gif

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I did WAYY too many shots of Southern Comfort a few years ago that got me into trouble! :wink: :laugh:

Sweet Tami?? You jest!! :wink: :wink:
  • Javancub
    Options
    White Russian!!! :love: Oh yea baby......i prefer skim milk instead of cream...reduces the calories and tastes just as good. :drinker: and it adds protein and calcium. :happy::bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I did WAYY too many shots of Southern Comfort a few years ago that got me into trouble! :wink: :laugh:

uuuggghhhhh.....shots of anything is just soooooo wrong!! :laugh:

One stupid night, we alternated shots of Jaeger & Ouzo. I sooooooo wanted to die that next day(s). :ohwell:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    White Russian!!! :love: Oh yea baby......i prefer skim milk instead of cream...reduces the calories and tastes just as good. :drinker: and it adds protin and calcium. :happy:

OMG, that's all I drank while clubbing in my early 20's. Oh, the good all days.
  • Emdicio
    Options

I'll be right over. th_flirt.gif

I'll get the glasses. Elijah Craig, Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve or good old Wild Turkey? I has options...:drinker: :glasses:
  • Emdicio
    Options
    d'oh - double post. Gotta stop drinking!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

One stupid night, we alternated shots of Jaeger & Ouzo. I sooooooo wanted to die that next day(s). :ohwell:
    Yes.....I felt pretty horrible that next day!!! :sick: :sick:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    d'oh - double post. Gotta stop drinking!

Sho shoon??? {{hic}}
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    White Russian!!! :love: Oh yea baby......i prefer skim milk instead of cream...reduces the calories and tastes just as good. :drinker: and it adds protin and calcium. :happy:

Mireille goes clubbing :laugh:
    This has something to do with this topic right?:embarassed:

Keelanda70s001.jpg
  • Shannon023
    Options

Mireille goes clubbing :laugh:
    This has something to do with this topic right?:embarassed:

Keelanda70s001.jpg

bwahahahaha!! :laugh:

Spitting image! :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

Yes.....I felt pretty horrible that next day!!! :sick: :sick:

omg....that feeling I only had once ....me and my high school friend came home to find three jugs of homemade wine my dad had made one was filled w/ watermelon.....soooooooo we indulged on the watermelon thinking we were such bad *kitten* and we weren't exactly DRINKING per se....

we stumbled around my house and then passed out...got sooooo sick....and both got grounded for like a month! :noway:

For the record my dear o' dad had the wine ready and was soaking the watermelon for a little block party we were having.....they had sangria instead LOL:ohwell: .....:sick: and now....I just say no to homemade wine!:noway: