Gas shortage frenzy in North Carolina!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My husband convinced me to go fill up (or most of the way up).

Payday Friday is when I normally fill up, so I only had 23 miles left of gas, according to that sweet mileage counter gizmo in my Jeep.

I begrudgingly went to the gas station. Like hubby said, heaven forbid stations around here do run out and then I can't get to work on Monday...

1.5 miles from home to the gas station. Got there quickly. Waited in line for about 35-45 minutes. Took at least 15 minutes to pump 12 gallons of gas ($45).

I was OVERJOYED to see everyone in my tiny little town on the outskirts of WinstonSalem pulling together, being friendly and HELPFUL, smiling at one another as we all waited in line.

There were people helping direct traffic so people could spin their cars around (gas tank on the other side of the car compared to the tank they pulled up to). No one was griping, and we'd all just look at each other and smile. What else could you do?

I'm glad to have gas in my tank.... gas that cost "regular price".

I love my Winston-Salem. *sigh*, how I miss you....
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I was OVERJOYED to see everyone in my tiny little town on the outskirts of WinstonSalem pulling together, being friendly and HELPFUL, smiling at one another as we all waited in line.

There were people helping direct traffic so people could spin their cars around (gas tank on the other side of the car compared to the tank they pulled up to). No one was griping, and we'd all just look at each other and smile. What else could you do?

I'm glad to have gas in my tank.... gas that cost "regular price".

Not at all like the people in my town...I have never seen such a bunch of hostile, impatient, whiny *kitten*:explode: I saw two women almost come to blows over a PARKING SPACE today...til I stepped in and put a stop to it. The sooner people realize that complaining and being rotten doesn't get you what you want, the better off we will all be.