(POST 2) BATTLE OF THE BULGE Summer Slimdown Challenge!!!

Replies

• blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Hey... I just joined today! Since I'm a newbie to this... where are the challenges located?? I just looked at the website and I don't see one for Monday. The most recent is Sunday. So I'm thinking I'm looking in the wrong place! Thanks!

NVM... I answered my own question! I didn't read the entire post! :tongue: Feeling a little sick today, but I'm up and ready for tomorrow's challenge!
  • crystlgrn
    crystlgrn Posts: 124 Member
    Yesterday was an easy day to stay under calories as we just visited my grandma's grave and hung out at home the rest of the day. Today we BBQ'd with my family so I just chose to eat smaller portions and had very small meals for breakfast and lunch. I was able to lose 2.4 this week so I'm pretty happy with myself :) Have a good week everyone!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Best of Luck everyone!!!! Been staying really close or just under on calories. No workout today, but will get at it this week :happy:
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    /Keep it up girls! Don't get down on yourselves. If you didn't lose this week it doesn't mean you didn't lose inches. Stay positive! Every Monday I tell myself I had an awesome week and the scale will prove it to me today! I know it sounds corny but its so true.

I went clothes shopping on Friday and I wanted to try and see how far away I am from a 9/10 pants and I WAS SHOCKED! I got into them but they did look and FEEL very tight like I had to lay on the floor and button them. (not really lay but I had to SUCK everything I had in) I had to share that moment!

Have a great Tues Ladies!!!!
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    bump
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    [img][/img]91tuesday8.gif

TUESDAY MAY 31ST - DAY 17! “JUMPIN JACK FLASH!”
    (We’re on week 3 of 15)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK (this is new) – This week we are going to focus on physical activity! Challenges each day will be physical in nature.

DAILY CHALLENGE/TIP
    How many people burned at least 150 calories yesterday? Today’s challenge is to do at least 50 jumping jacks (easiest/funnest way listen to the songs and do it to them!)

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. JUMPING JACK FLASH – Rolling Stones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxpfBWMOlOk (idk why Stones songs are coming to me but they work haha)
    2. JUMP– Kris Kross http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk
    *we have people from Australia to Austria of all backgrounds, ages, and ethnicities so my songs will be varied each day to accommodate ;-)

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    What is ONE OF YOUR LOWEST CALORIE favorite snacks?

SHOUT OUT
    Crystal_sapphire started with us week 1 but was MIA the last 2 weeks :cry: and is BACK!!!:love: Everyone add her as a friend and give her some extra encouragement!!!:flowerforyou:

1.No need to bump our message board to find it: you can go to our website to get the quick link, you can go to my profile and in the bottom left corner you will see it, and you can always bookmark the message board to easily find it (I want everyone to be able to read posts from members without bouncing around to a different message board each week - bumping will cause us to hit the 500 max posts faster and do a whole lotta relocating!)

2.We have a lot of new faces who started this week – WELCOME!:drinker: <-- this is water!!! We will all know their names Wed. when I post the biggest losers for Week 2

3. We have over 170 people now, which means I have a lot of work (took me 6 hours today to fix the spreadsheet, message people who are missing info, and answer questions, and update the wix website until my computer froze) :ohwell: – please make it easier on me by following the rules – they’re pretty simple – just MESSAGE ME your WEIGHT every Monday...as always if you see people saying they wanna join point them to our website

4. Are the daily challenges good? (a select few check the posts daily, but I don’t want people to miss out on challenges – I’m taking a vote – DO YOU WANT THEM DAILY, EVERY 2 DAYS, OR 1 TIME PER WEEK? (I wanted daily because it pushes everyone to log into MFP to fill in diaries DAILY and I thought it would be best to keep everyone motivated…)

Oh yeah, and we have quite a few macho men in our group! :bigsmile: so lets be inclusive :wink:

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    I stayed under my calories but I didn't make the 150 calories. Instead of jumping jacks, can I just do 2 Hours at the gym?
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    waaaay over cals on Sunday so decided to up my goals and burn 500+ on Monday...did you know that jumping jacks make you happier? yes! the jumping motion has been shown to cause MAJOR endorphins to invade your body! thanks for the challenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0igJUR9QDo

go for it :flowerforyou: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • tiddlyjinx
    tiddlyjinx Posts: 181 Member
    Walked 5 miles tonight. Feels good to be back on track with this!
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Definitely did 150 in exercise today, looking forward to the jumping jack challenge tomorrow!!
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Instead of the jumping jacks, I jumped around to Just Dance on Wii... My goodness, how did I never know this amazing game was out there? Thanks MFP for getting me onto it, I'm addicted!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Hi, I'm new here but I would prefer daily challenges to stay motivated, keep in touch on a daily basis.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    I did make the challenge of 150 exercise calories yesterday (and then some)!! I think I logged between 500-600!! :drinker:

I did 50 jumping jacks today and realized my HRM wasn't working, so did 50 more. It doesn't burn many calories doing only a few, but it certainly got my blood moving early in the morning!! :love:

I had a great low-calorie snack last night. Watermelon. I had bought one earlier in the day and cut half of it up. I don't buy it often because it's such a pain in the *kitten* to cut up, but I suppose it burns a certain amount of calories to prepare!! :tongue:

Have a Great Tuesday, my friends and Happy Trails!! :flowerforyou:
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    I am so glad this holiday weekend is over...the tempatations were definately hard to control and the scale tells all...but thats just giving me more reason to push it this week and hopefully get back to doing what I need to be doing...the weekends are always the hardest for me so that is def something I will need to work on with this....
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Bumping for myself. Thanks for creating this challenge! I'm not losing much (0.5 lbs. per week allowance) But I want to keep on track!

Hang in there. You will see results. I was on a plateau for a year and seeing no change. I am now starting to go down again.
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Personally I love the daily challenges. It is what keeps me motivated. I don't want to become complacant. Kristy thank you so much for all your hard work. This is the best challenge I have ever participated in.
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Looooove your website... and yes my girl... you are amazing... the xtra time and effort you put in this webpage and challenge words cannot express the thanks.... I love the daily challenges cause it keeps me on track in what I have to do....

yes I met yesterdays challenge and MORE :)
    25 jumping jacks..... ok... can do that......

does anybody have any tips on how to get rid of the monthly bloating (that causes the scale to go up).....???!! Hate it!!!!!!! :mad:

Good luck everybpody and have a great Tuesday :love:
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Just got home from a 45 min min workout and jumping jacks was in there.

Yes I like the daily challenges.

Keep it up girls!!!!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 519 Member
    Got the jumping jacks in with 30 day shred this morning, and a few more. Have to modify because jumping hurts my knees - wow I feel old! Keep up the great work all.

HUGE thanks to Kristy for all the time and thought going into this - you are AWESOME!!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    YEP! I did 215 yesterday. The challenge for today sounds fun!! Can't wait to get home and get on it :)

I just joined the challenge, looking forward to the extra motivation
This discussion has been closed.