June Century plus cycling challenge

Options

Replies

• gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? I'm doing a running monthly thing and would love to have something for biking too! I'm only at 16 right now but I'd like to aim for 100 for the month.

BTW gapwedge....great work on what will surely be 1000 this month! You trying for 2000 for the year?

Yes, 2000 was my January goal. If I can get through the hot summer on average I feel I can beat that before year end.

BTW, glad you joined. Welcome.
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    June 1 18
    June 2 23
    June 3 -- scheduled rest day for the legs
    June 4 34
    June 5 22
    June 6 walking
    June 7 18 TOTAL 115
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? I'm doing a running monthly thing and would love to have something for biking too! I'm only at 16 right now but I'd like to aim for 100 for the month.

Well yeah it actually is. You have to have joined well you missed the deadline by 6 minutes. But a case of beer for everyone we will lover look it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Just kidding your welcome to join glad to have you on board.:flowerforyou:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    18 miles today. I rode to work this morning, and I took the long way home. So instead of 8 miles to get home, it was 12. I'll get there.. I'll get there... LOL.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I had a very nice and chilly ride along Huntington and Sunset beaches yesterday. I am only up to 61.9 of 200, but 10 of those were mountain miles, and those always kick my *kitten*.

WAY TO GO EVERYBODY. Keep it up.

exercise.png
  • Starrr126
    Starrr126 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Case of beer for everyone...hmmmm that seems like an awful pricey bribe! Haha. So I was "bored" today waiting for my evening event so I shot out and did a quick 8 miles. With that mindset I should be there in no time, right? I need to stop figuring out when and how to do long rides and just go out for "short" more often.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    18 miles today. I rode to work this morning, and I took the long way home. So instead of 8 miles to get home, it was 12. I'll get there.. I'll get there... LOL.

Wait... that would make 20 miles today, not 18... I guess I can't add!!! LOL
  • thcri
    Options
    Case of beer for everyone...hmmmm that seems like an awful pricey bribe! Haha. So I was "bored" today waiting for my evening event so I shot out and did a quick 8 miles. With that mindset I should be there in no time, right? I need to stop figuring out when and how to do long rides and just go out for "short" more often.

Just ride whenever you can. 8 miles here and there ad up fast. You will make it. Glad you joined in.
  • thcri
    Options

Well at least erroded on the safe side.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options

Well at least erroded on the safe side.

Good point!!

Another 7.8 miles today. Rode home from work. Plan to ride both ways tomorrow, weather permitting. :)
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sure, count me in. I've got a race on the 26th so I'm not sure how many of my regular rides I'll get in but so far for the month I'm at 29.2.

Two little 14 mile sprints on my new road bike to get ready for my race.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    15 miles today. Rode to work and back. Finally feeling like I'm making some progress, and I'm going for a ride with a friend on the bike trail this weekend, so I should be at or close to 100 soon!
  • gwynh
    gwynh Posts: 160
    Options
    June 11 rode 21 miles and hit a dog and crashed. 106 miles done/ 400 miles.

I hate evil stupid dogs that chase cyclists.
  • thcri
    Options
    6-1. 28 miles
    6-3. 41 miles
    6-4. 73 miles
    6-5. 20 miles

Total of 162 for the month so far.

Add 42 for this morning. That puts me at 204 for the month. 1209 for the year.
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    42 for me today as well. So 71 for the month so far.
  • thcri
    Options
    6-1. 28 miles
    6-3. 41 miles
    6-4. 73 miles
    6-5. 20 miles

Total of 162 for the month so far.

Add 42 for this morning. That puts me at 204 for the month. 1209 for the year.

Another 25 tonight. That puts me at 229 for the month.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    A pretty good accident caused me to crack my rear stay on my recumbent, so I am stuck riding my old mountain bike for now. I'm hoping to run across a broken down Burley Limbo on craigslist that I can pick up for cheap and use it for parts. Riding the mountain bike is a lot more work to go the same distance, even after replacing the tires. It has been fun getting it up and running again, though, and learning a lot about bicycle maintenance in the process. This is what I am going to get when I reach my goal weight.

mrxhv.jpg
  • gwynh
    gwynh Posts: 160
    Options
    June 13 21 miles. 127/400. I don't think I am going to make 400, but will try really hard to push it to the max.

@Bryanair - That ride looks scary. At first it looked like a wheel chair bike. Guess not. New Technology. hmmmm.....guess it is supposed to go faster?
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Got 10 miles in this morning as part of my brick workout. 81 so far.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    June 11 rode 21 miles and hit a dog and crashed. 106 miles done/ 400 miles.

I hate evil stupid dogs that chase cyclists.
    Crap, I missed this post earlier. I hate them too. Sorry it happened.

@BrianAir: I've ridden a recumbent before. It is very comfortable...Just would not ride it on the streets. I would only dare on the bike paths.