June Century plus cycling challenge

Options

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Another 7.2 today. Had to ride my bike home from work! Getting ready to take it to do some shopping too, so I may have a few more to log a little later.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Another 4.3 miles. Had to ride to the store. :)
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options

ARE ANY OF YOU RUNNING ARMADILLOS?????

No idea what that means, but I chase armadillos out of my yard alot by running at them.
    :smile: :happy: :laugh:
    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCEqSection.jsp?sid=EquipTires700_Flat

I want to know if ride quality is any different, turning, braking, etc.

You can talk to the guys at Rock n Road. They're pretty upfront about their stuff.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm seriously slacking. I set a 400mile goal for June and I'm only up to around 90, so 300 is still doable. I don't have any centuries planned until late summer. Looks like everyone here is doing great though! Keep it up!! :drinker:
  • gwynh
    gwynh Posts: 160
    Options
    June 17 21 miles. 169/400
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    With yesterday's ride I'm up to 193.67/200...Looks like I should shoot for 300 instead...That will be pushing it, but.....
  • gwynh
    Options
    June 18 21 miles. 190/400

Only problem with riding at dawn is the biting horse flies. Why do they like to attack when I am on the going up hill part???:grumble:
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Got in 43 today putting me at 134 for the month? Going to be my last long ride of the month since I've got my race next Sunday. I'll be doing some shorter ones this week, but tapering down.
  • gwynh
    Options
    June 19 21 miles. 211/400 for the goal.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am not doing so well. Another weekend of pure rain and stormy weather. The bike sat all weekend. I was able to ride last Friday morning though so I am at 253 for the month. I was hoping to get 500 but I am not sure it will happen. I am also out of town all week on business again. Dang this is getting frustrating.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Rode my first century of the year (2nd ever) 2 days ago, which puts me just shy of 341/500 for the month. Since I feel good I'm planning to do another century this coming Sunday (in 6 days). Funny...at one point I thought 500 might be a stretch, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as I don't crash or get sick. :glasses:
  • thcri
    Options
    Rode my first century of the year (2nd ever) 2 days ago, which puts me just shy of 341/500 for the month. Since I feel good I'm planning to do another century this coming Sunday (in 6 days). Funny...at one point I thought 500 might be a stretch, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as I don't crash or get sick. :glasses:

Way to go Zoom. I thought hitting 500 would be easy this month since I started out with almost 200 the first week. With the weather and my seat issues I won't make 500. Maybe 400 not sure. Yeah depression for me.
  • Panda_Jack
    Options

Wow, that's amazing. I couldn't even fathom doing a century right now. My longest ride is just over 50 and by that point I'm just beat. Great job!
  • zoom2
    Options

Wow, that's amazing. I couldn't even fathom doing a century right now. My longest ride is just over 50 and by that point I'm just beat. Great job!

50 milers kicked my butt just a couple of months ago. It's just a matter of gradually increasing that longest ride and having 2-3 shorter rides every week, too. You'd be amazed by how quickly you can work your way up to 100. Though I was pretty beat by about 75. Those last 25 were pretty much tunnel-vision and wanting to get to the finish while they still had beer. :drinker:
  • zoom2
    Options
    Way to go Zoom. I thought hitting 500 would be easy this month since I started out with almost 200 the first week. With the weather and my seat issues I won't make 500. Maybe 400 not sure. Yeah depression for me.

This Spring has been awful for so many. We had Winter until about a month ago, then sudden Summer-like weather. It's like we had no Spring. The worst part for me has been the allergens...oh, so bad! I hope weather turns for you REALLY soon!
  • gwynh
    Options
    June 22 Rode 11 miles. Total 222/400.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Just added 30 to my ticker.

Home from work the long way on Monday, home from work the short way on Tuesday, to work the short way this morning, and home the long way. LOL.

I'm seriously slacking this month. Was out of town last weekend, so I didn't get in a weekend ride. Hoping to get in a really good ride this weekend. I'm planning to have my husband drop me at the north end of the trail again, but I aim to finish the whole trail this time. No stopping at 30 miles!! The whole thing is 42 miles. If I can do 30, I can do 42. It'll give me a nice boost, and maybe even make my goal possible! I just need to get there super early, it's getting pretty hot in the afternoons here!!! And I need to remember the sun block. Last time I forgot it and got pretty burnt!
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Did a quick 15 miles last night, so I'm at 149 for the month. I may squeeze in a short ride tomorrow,or Saturday although I'm supposed to take Saturday off for rest before my race... we'll see how I feel lol.
  • gwynh
    Options
    June 23 14 miles. Steep hills. 236/400
  • thcri
    Options
    Finally got out and was able to do some distance with a new seat. I might have found one that will work for me. With tonight's ride I am at 284 miles for the month. I have been asked to do a 50 mile tomorrow morning. I did alright tonight for not riding for two weeks. I think I can handle 50 tomorrow.