RichGebs Posts: 345
    Options
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have given up the usual fast food burger joints. Ocassionally...once every few months I will go to 5 Guys for a small burger and I will eat a couple of fries.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten fast food or soda. Never liked cake, chocolate or biscuits. I don't know how I haven't always been a bean pole!

I have given up bread and pasta, because they make me feel ill, and doing so has caused me to lose weight, even though I only ate wholemeal versions int he first place. Mostly I am just being very careful with portion sizes. I have a small build and a low metabolic rate (my blood temperature is very low, as well as my blood pressure and HR) so I have to be very careful about how much I eat. I can easily put on weight on a 1500 cal a day diet.
  • RichGebs
    Options
    That's crazy ^^ how you never liked any of that stuff yet you aren't a bean pole! Lol
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I gave up all fast food and all soda. I dont even miss it anymore
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I have given up bread and pasta, because they make me feel ill

have you talked to your dr about that? i'm not a dr/nurse or anything of the like, but there are conditions like celiac disease that make you feel bad after you eat gluten or grains like wheat or rye. Just fyi. Best of luck!

I haven't given up anything. I prefer to just cut back to prevent feeling deprived and the binging on whatever I want.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I've given up carbonated beverages, only plain water now! Gave up meat! Gave up milk, now it's soy milk. Annnnd fast food obviously haha.