Smoke Free on MFP: No More Butts Group

Options

Replies

• deenie169
    deenie169 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OK...ready to stop (again) but really anxious about it.
    I have tried several methods, including Wellbutrin, Chantix, patch, gum, etc.
    Seriously considering hypnosis!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    @ alsnipes: Welcome! I would be interested to read your blog!

@ shellshell43: I'm glad you decided to join us. I am sure we could use the support from you since you know what we are going through. I would love to hear some of your tips to fight craving once we get our group together!

@ deenie169: I am so glad you decided to join us. I think this time you will be successful because you will have some support!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im in. I need to quit very bad,ive been smoking since 13.Im having a very hard time with it.It seems to be the one thing I can not beat
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Im in. I need to quit very bad,ive been smoking since 13.Im having a very hard time with it.It seems to be the one thing I can not beat

Glad to have you aboard. Would it sound trite if I said I know exactly how you feel? :smile:
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    So that's twelve for sure! I have eight more spots open....
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list - I quit for about a year several years ago but then slid back. I'm ready to give it up again. I'm a runner (yes, the irony...) and I seriously want to increase my 5K speed and maybe try longer distances, but the only way I'm going to be able to meet those goals is if I can breathe :-) I'll start quitting tomorrow (June 1), with a goal to be smoke free by July 4. Thanks for starting this group - it's a great idea.
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Glad you can join us! I bet you will be able to tell a difference in your running in no time.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    Hopefully this will be what I need to get over this,im sick of having to use an inhaler
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Hopefully this will be what I need to get over this,im sick of having to use an inhaler

I hope so too! We will do everything we can to help. That's for sure!
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would like to be part of this group. I need to be a part of this group. I have been smoking for almost 30 years, now.
    I tried to stop, once. I used Chantix --for two weeks, only-- and I stopped smoking for a couple of weeks. Then, I
    just gave in and have never tried to stop, again. I am in with the start date of June 1st and would like to be smoke free
    by my birthday of August 10th --turning 60!! I could use all the support and encouragement given. I have anxiety just
    thinking about stopping. So please, count me in.
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    I would like to be part of this group. I need to be a part of this group. I have been smoking for almost 30 years, now.
    I tried to stop, once. I used Chantix --for two weeks, only-- and I stopped smoking for a couple of weeks. Then, I
    just gave in and have never tried to stop, again. I am in with the start date of June 1st and would like to be smoke free
    by my birthday of August 10th --turning 60!! I could use all the support and encouragement given. I have anxiety just
    thinking about stopping. So please, count me in.

You are more than welcome to join us. I hope we can help you and that you can help us. I know if we all work together we will succeed. The thing I like about this group is that we may all be different but quitting tobacco is what is going to unite us!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    So what is everyone using/going to use for aids? Or are you all going cold turkey?

I'm using the patch, it really does seem to help a lot! Although since step 1 is for 10 smokes or more a day and I was a pack - a pack & a half a day smoker sometimes it doesn't take the edge off enough. I ended up buying a pack yesterday.. and only smoked a couple. I had one this morning and I'm still doing good. Just trying to wean myself down so the patch is more effective for me, I think I should be good tomorrow. :smile:
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    So what is everyone using/going to use for aids? Or are you all going cold turkey?

I'm using the patch, it really does seem to help a lot! Although since step 1 is for 10 smokes or more a day and I was a pack - a pack & a half a day smoker sometimes it doesn't take the edge off enough. I ended up buying a pack yesterday.. and only smoked a couple. I had one this morning and I'm still doing good. Just trying to wean myself down so the patch is more effective for me, I think I should be good tomorrow. :smile:

Im going to try cold turkey at first.Since the gum is nasty ,and the patch gives me a rapid heart beat.I might break down and use the patches I have.The hardest part for me is that there wil still be cigarettes around since my hubby smokes
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    I plan on using the patch too. I used it last time I tried to quit but I started having really awful nightmares so I quit. But now I am of the mind that the nightmares are worth it if it means I'll live longer. I have been smoking like a chimney today since its my last day smoking....tomorrow I am aiming for no cigarettes at all
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Oh and my boyfriend is a pack a day smoker so this is going to be tough for me since he will be smoking around me alot. .
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im in:smokin: like nearly all i have quit a few time 3 years was first time than 8 mts than 2 mts and im so doing it for good this time but i can not not not even but a pound so this scares me... Not decided on a quite date. why do ye say start to quit date and quit date??
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Im in:smokin: like nearly all i have quit a few time 3 years was first time than 8 mts than 2 mts and im so doing it for good this time but i can not not not even but a pound so this scares me... Not decided on a quite date. why do ye say start to quit date and quit date??

I'm glad you have deicided to join us. In answer to your question: That is just me personally. I am under the impression that I will not exactly quit right away. I am sure I will have some setbacks. However, I am starting my nicoderm patch regimen on June 1st and doing my best not to smoke at all. The program is a ten week step down plan and by the end of ten weeks I plan to be completely smoke free, that day will be my birthday August 14th. You don't have to do it this way at all. Whatever works best for you is fine. However, you should definitely have a quit date in mind. They say it makes things easier if you have one. It can be whatever you want it to be.
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    I have five more spots open MFPeeps. Come one, come all and join up. Put down those coffin nails and breathe some fresh air!!!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    BUMP:smokin:
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Hey group! I went ahead and started our thread. You can reach it by going here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253665-no-more-butts-closed-group

I am looking forward to this and I know we will do great. If you are still interested in joining this group please message me asap as we have room for five more members. Here is a list of the members I have already

Members List

sarahbear1981
    gailygail99
    soshotout
    LINNETTE37
    Learning2LoveMe
    bluefox9er
    LovelySnugs
    iamthepreston
    alsnipes
    shellshell43
    deenie169