Smoke Free on MFP: No More Butts Group

Replies

• appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Can I get in on this?
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    good luck everyone! i know u can all do it. take it one hour at a time!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    BUMP!
    I quit for three months... Smoled again for a week.. Now I am ready to do this again... I think it was a vacation thing... To anyone who is trying to lose weight and quit smoking, this is not bad. You are already making a healthy choice.. I chewed gum and exercised more; I lost weight while I quit.... I was able to do it with help from Its Terri and a couple of others from this site..
    Thanks for posting this! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    my mom sent me a msg on MFP about this group!

I have been wanting to quit since I joined MFP - no sense in getting healthy if I'm just killing myself with cigarettes, right?!?!

I have been "cutting back" and want to be completely smoke free by my Birthday, 9/11.

My husband, a 2 pack a day smoker, just switched to an ecig & hasn't had a "real" cigarette in almost 1 month now, so I think I'm going to try that route to "wean" myself off...

I sure hope I hit "reply" before all the slots in this forum are full!!
  • just curious? why are you limiting the group to just a select few? You might be amazed at the am't of support you're missing out on.
    I've broken free from the bondage over 25 yrs ago... it is SO worth it.
    May each of you succeed and my advice to you- DRINK LOTS OF WATER ( flushes the nicotine out of your system)

Change your daily routines- anything that triggers the desire- get up from the table as soon as you're done eating ( if you're used to having one after you're done eating)
    Clean the ashtrays- the more smell you get rid of, the lesser the trigger.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    just curious? why are you limiting the group to just a select few? You might be amazed at the am't of support you're missing out on.

i think she limited it to 20 so that we could pay more attention to each individual journey and have more opportunities to catch on to who's struggling, who needs some extra rahrah, etc, etc.

thataway people who REALLY NEED that extra help don't get lost in the shuffle that can come with much larger numbers.
  • Good luck everyone! I know how hard it is but I haven't had a cig since January. You CAN do it! Keep at it!
  • just curious? why are you limiting the group to just a select few? You might be amazed at the am't of support you're missing out on.

i think she limited it to 20 so that we could pay more attention to each individual journey and have more opportunities to catch on to who's struggling, who needs some extra rahrah, etc, etc.

thataway people who REALLY NEED that extra help don't get lost in the shuffle that can come with much larger numbers.

Well, in that case, I won't join the group- but you've got my support in spirit! I'd love to hear how you all are doing- God bless~
    it's a decision you'll never regret- and one day, you'll wonder why you ever thought it was enjoyable- SERIOUSLY.....
    Ever consider that the first few times you tried one, you coughed and hacked and gagged over it- and then kept trying it till you finally "convinced" yourself = hey, this isn't so bad........ self-brain washing----are we NUTS or what? ;):wink:
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Is it too late to get in?
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Is it too late to get in?
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    just curious? why are you limiting the group to just a select few? You might be amazed at the am't of support you're missing out on.

What she said
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    hey everyone..how are things going???? hope u are all doing ok!! :flowerforyou:
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Hey, I'm not a smoker, but I just wanted to say that I think it's amazing that you guys are coming together and doing this. My sister quit smoking while she was pregnant and recently started back up again. It makes me really sad and I wish I could get through to her how important it is that she quits, but I just can't.

Wishing you all the best of luck.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Hey, I'm not a smoker, but I just wanted to say that I think it's amazing that you guys are coming together and doing this. My sister quit smoking while she was pregnant and recently started back up again. It makes me really sad and I wish I could get through to her how important it is that she quits, but I just can't.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

Thank you! These types of comments really help. I hope your sister will decide to quit someday too. Keep bugging her about it. It does sink in eventually.
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Any spots left open? I am new to this website and I am also quitting tomorrow. This will be the second time that I have quit first time was when I was pregnant and after a breakup took the nasty habit up again. If there is any spots open I would be thrilled to join.
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Any spots left open? I am new to this website and I am also quitting tomorrow. This will be the second time that I have quit first time was when I was pregnant and after a breakup took the nasty habit up again. If there is any spots open I would be thrilled to join.
  • LINNETTE37
    LINNETTE37 Posts: 10
    Checking in guys have not smoked for 2 days :) trying its so hard but i'm fighting. My dentist is going to love me when I visit because I am chewing alot of gum...any reccomendations?
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230732-quitting-smoking-and-dieting-support

just sharing another support thread for people who are quitting and dieting.

apparently this is a "closed group" now... it's pretty hard to find support on MFP for quitting smoking and dieting, so when people finally find a thread about it, it's closed? that stinks :(
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    BUMP x
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    I have quit just recently, I still sneak a cigarette here and there. So I guess I am still a smoker....LOL.....I'd love to participate!!!!
This discussion has been closed.