Heavier girls trying to loose weight

Options

Replies

• vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    yaaa my bloating is still there for sure... but i lost 1 pound as per my scale sooo im happy about that just wondering how it will be when all the bloating is gone.,.. kindaaa excited :) hahaha :)
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    So I am a starbucks lover. Ladies I caved and let myself have one and once I figured my calories in it I almost freaked out. My usual is a venti skinny white chocolate mocha no whip. and its 450 calories ugh now I am going to the gym for 2 hours and work those calories off and then some. I hope everyone has a great and healthy day. If you have not. Feel free to add me. We are all in this together.
  • uberbusymomma
    uberbusymomma Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It is so awesome to see so many of you ladies on here! I am going to start adding friends now since I have some extra time. Feel free to add me too! I really need the support, not getting much at home or from friends.

I think for exercise today I am going to go clean out the in-laws pool. While every loves to use it, my hubby, kids and I seem to be the only ones willing to get it ready for summer.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    Me too! Count me in! I have 134lbs till I get to my goal. Lost 11 so far. Thanks!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Got about 65 lbs to lose.
  • MizzDoc
    Options
    How much water does everyone drink a day.I try to drink half my weight in oz but all I get is around 80oz in.

I *try* to get in 8 glasses but usually I am somewhere between 6-8 glass of (pure water) on non-workout days. On the days I workout, definitely 8 glasses, if not more.

Now I don't count tea and flavored waters as "water" in my food diary.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I have 90ish lb to lose. Ive lost 44 so far. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend so we can support eachother :)
  • MizzDoc
    Options
    i want to lose 40lbs... have lost 19 so far but i still can't see much difference. i'm getting a little discouraged but am determined this weight and flab is going to go this time.

Stick with it!!!

The hardest thing to do (and trust me I know) is to stick with it even though it seems like there is no progress. The fact that you have shed 19lbs is awesome. Even if you dont "see" it, your inside is doing the happy dance. Less pressure on your bones and joints. Organs functioning much better. Better breathing. All these things you probably don't notice, go a long way in making your body happier, healthier, and responsive to your long term goals.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! Started this journey with 75 pounds to lose....lost 16 so far so that leaves 59 more to go! I need all the support I can get! Especially since I hit a plateau!
  • MizzDoc
    Options
    what excercises do you guys do ????

Here is what I do:

*Tennis, 2 hours @ 2 times a week (provided my partner doesn't flake out on me)
    *C25K program (couch to 5K), 30 min @ 3 times a week
    *Walking, 45 min @ 2 times a week (flexible and will usually do if not playing tennis)

That's about all the exercise I can stand right about now, lol.
  • 3PointO
    3PointO Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey guys, I am new to the site and need to lose 70 pounds. The number seems quite daunting, but I've finally stopped avoiding mirrors and how I was feeling about myself and thought to myself, "I want this, and I can do this." No more gimmicks, expensive programs, and "deals" with myself to start eating better "tomorrow," "next Monday," next month," etc. It all starts today.

If anyone would like to connect for motivation, support and whatnot, feel free to add me.

In the meantime, best of luck to everybody! It's nice to know that I'm not alone, and seeing so many people have all kinds of success is very motivating!
  • csexton76
    csexton76 Posts: 10
    Options
    yaaa my bloating is still there for sure... but i lost 1 pound as per my scale sooo im happy about that just wondering how it will be when all the bloating is gone.,.. kindaaa excited :) hahaha :)

That's great! I'm only a few days into it, so of course I haven't seen any difference on the scale yet. I'm feeling good about what I'm doing though. I LOVE the support! It is so much eaiser than trying to do this alone. :happy:
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    bump
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm down 38 with 70 more to go!
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i want to lose 40lbs... have lost 19 so far but i still can't see much difference. i'm getting a little discouraged but am determined this weight and flab is going to go this time.

Stick with it!!!

The hardest thing to do (and trust me I know) is to stick with it even though it seems like there is no progress. The fact that you have shed 19lbs is awesome. Even if you dont "see" it, your inside is doing the happy dance. Less pressure on your bones and joints. Organs functioning much better. Better breathing. All these things you probably don't notice, go a long way in making your body happier, healthier, and responsive to your long term goals.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    you know you r right... i do feel better and i feel like i want to exercise more, i intend starting to swim next week and i think that will help get things moving again lol
  • AEisele
    AEisele Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls. Just came across this. How's everyone doing. I am soooo looking forward to the day i get on the scale and the numbers are under 200. I seem to be stuck right now going between 270-275. I just keep going up and down. I'm seeing a nutritionist next month. Hopefully when she looks at my food log she'll catch something I'm overlooking. I still think a part of it is the medication I am taking. There are at least 3 that have weight gain as a side effect. Oh well. More exercise I guess.
  • aacosta11
    aacosta11 Posts: 16
    Options
    Im in also!!!!!!!!! I am fairly new to MFP and want to lose 50 lbs. or more. Feel free to add me for motivation and support, I know I will definitely need it somedays. Good luck to everyone.
  • willbthin2
    willbthin2 Posts: 31
    Options
    im in...my aim is to lose about 50lbs
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm in & yes we do need to be using weights because as they say muscle burns fat faster. I have a set of 5lb hand weights & am going to get into the routine of using them daily to get these wings downsized lol.
    Great idea for this group! Thanx! :>