Heavier girls trying to loose weight

Options

Replies

• abzbargs
    abzbargs Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow I am so impressed with you ladies who have already lost so much weight already, will be great to get some tips from you all!

I feel so full of food tonight but apparantly still under my calorie allowance. I must have miscalculated somewhere. My hubby got a chinese takeaway tonight and I had a healthy dinner in the oven BUT i just had to have a few chips (fries) and a tiny bit of the fried rice. I feel SO guilty for it and it was such a hassle to calculate approx 8 chips(fries) on to my food diary. Really wasn't worth it - I'll put it down to a learning experience.

On the plus side i walked with my son in the pram for 5 miles and then later I started day one of the 30 day shred. I've joined the 100 mile June challenge over on the fitness category, so that will motivate me to get out there and walk/run/swim. I plan on doing a half hour run tomorrow morning when I get a bit of time.

Can anyone answer this question please - I am full, but because of my exercise, MFP has upped my calorie allowance a few times. I don't feel like eating more and don't want to just eat because it tells me. What do/would you do?

Feel free to add me as a friend, I also need all the support I can get.
  • Richelle_M
    Richelle_M Posts: 2
    Options
    I would like to be in.

I am new here (only 3 days) so please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.

I am 35 . I had a baby 8 weeks ago and I have lost my pregnancy weight plus 5 pounds (30lbs total).

I would like to loose 100.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Meeee tooo. I have 114lbs to lose. I would love to involved with ladies who are doing this and motivated to get thru the struggles together.
    Feel free to add me lets do this.
  • abzbargs
    Options
    Richelle, well done you for being so motivated after having your new baby. I still haven't lost baby weight and my son is 2 1/2! We WILL do this.
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    i have at least 50 pounds to dump - count me in as well
  • kimmiesue682
    Options
    IM WITH YA
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    Can anyone answer this question please - I am full, but because of my exercise, MFP has upped my calorie allowance a few times. I don't feel like eating more and don't want to just eat because it tells me. What do/would you do?

Feel free to add me as a friend, I also need all the support I can get.
    [/quote]

As far as eating calories, I have been reading about this all week, and have came to the conclusion. . do what you feel is right for you.
    Some days eat them, some days dont. but ALWAYS eat 1200.
    If you need to add calories try a glass of milk. thats what gets me to my goal on days I am under.
    Or an apple is 90-130cal.
    Maybe try eating mid day snacks (string cheese, apple,yogurt, exc) so you dont feel like your eating a ton at night to catch up.
    anyways thats my two cents. :happy:
  • abzbargs
    Options
    Thanks Linz - I have been just under the 1200 most days, but not by much at all. Like the milk idea to up it to the 1200. I find it relaxing at bedtime too so a double benefit.
  • reyes15
    reyes15 Posts: 1
    Options
    i hear you there! <3..so far not much wieght lose, 6lbs from last doc appt which was a month ago, so i'm trying somethin different..keeping a routine schedule and joining my fitnesspal after reading about in a magazine..and the success stories from women who have used it. hopefully it works for me =)
  • KJ7777
    KJ7777 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Hi,

I think everyone does there own thing but personally i always mae sure my net calories are over 1200. If i want more to et i know i can but as long as i got over the 1200 im happy with that. Plus i dont feel guilty if i have a bar of chocolate then as its still within my calories as with exercise my daily can go up to over 2100+ :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    *lose
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • Nickerze
    Nickerze Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in! Tired of listening to all of the tiny little girls I work with complain about how much weight they need to lose!
  • Jodasi
    Jodasi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please count me in too. I have a long way to go and I've only just started. I'm new here and still figuring this system out. Where would I be able to find the group after today? Same general Message Boards page? Help!
  • bemoore81
    bemoore81 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm in I have 40 I want to lose
  • Scubabarbie
    Scubabarbie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You bet!:happy:
  • abzbargs
    Options
    So it does seem to be really important not to go UNDER the recommended calorie allowance of 1200, which i can understand. Think I may just bank my exercise calories for a treat at the weekend or whatever as a sort of safety net. The diary really does encourage you to exercise.

Jodasi - I'm new too and have found when you go on to the message boards you can click on MY TOPICS above to see what you're on. I'm sure people who know their way around better may have an easier way.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    How much water does everyone drink a day.I try to drink half my weight in oz but all I get is around 80oz in.
  • Scubabarbie
    Scubabarbie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I average 8-10 glasses a day depending upon my physical activity.
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    i have been drinking hot green tea lately .. no sugar/milk just tea bag and hot water while im at work. does this count as water ?