Heavier girls trying to loose weight

Options

Replies

• epa1112
    epa1112 Posts: 12
    Options
    how did everyone do memorial day weekend? I was TERRIBLE, I had to put in some work just to break even. I'm somewhat back on track with eating. My last gym day is today for the week so I have to really go for it. I go back saturday but I have the firm workouts for thursday. NO workout wednesday and fridays.

ETA: Feel free to add me as a friend, I could use all the support i could get. I've been adding some of you guys too. LET'S GO Ladies :)
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I did well all weekend until yesterday. I worked 12 hours and then went to my parents house. We had a bbq. When I went to the bbq I still had around 300 calories left for the day, but then I stopped tracking and didn't get home until late so I did not work out. Suprisingly, when I weighed myself this morning, my weight was still the same as before. I think TOM is lurking around, so that doesn't help much either. I hope everyone is having a great week so far!
  • Jamie_Schwartz
    Options
    Count me in!!!! I started at 314 in March and I am currently 288. I have lost 26 pounds so far. My goal is to get to 165.

Way to go!
  • uberbusymomma
    uberbusymomma Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

You are all so inspiring. I am on here trying to avoid the kitchen right now. My husband went to the store yesterday for me to save on gas since we live in the boonies. I told him my request were milk, snack for the kids to take to school and whatever he wanted to take to lunch. He comes home with chips, ramen noodles, canned ravioli and the real kicker for me, Ding Dongs. I am in the no deprivation, just limitation mindset, but really dear, Ding Dongs?! I know if I eat one, I will go back later for another and on and on. Well, I think I will just head back to our bedroom and spend some time on the exercise bike.

Hope you all have a great day!!
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, I have at least 70 pounds I'd like to shed! Nice to find other people with similar goals, lets me know I'm not alone in this!
  • Jamie_Schwartz
    Options
    We started our own Biggest Loser group at work and the challenge ends July 1st. So I've decided to also set some mini goals. I've just started exercising for the first time in years. I started with 15 min on the treadmill 3 days a week but I was a slacker and stopped doing it for a while. Now I'm back at it doing 20 min a day and my goal is 5 days a week. I know I'll be able to go longer over time. Right now, I'm just proud of myself for making a change and deciding to be more active.

End of Our Biggest Loser Competition at work July 1st: 20 pounds

September 24th My Friend's Wedding: 40 pounds

6446905.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stronger_faster
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Psyche3838
    Psyche3838 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo with y'all! I've lost 53 and have over 100lbs to go, so if anyone wants to add me feel free! :flowerforyou:
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    how did everyone do memorial day weekend? I was TERRIBLE, I had to put in some work just to break even. I'm somewhat back on track with eating. My last gym day is today for the week so I have to really go for it. I go back saturday but I have the firm workouts for thursday. NO workout wednesday and fridays.

ETA: Feel free to add me as a friend, I could use all the support i could get. I've been adding some of you guys too. LET'S GO Ladies :)

I did pretty well. I brought my own snacks to the cook outs and planned ahead mostly by eating before and exercised in the morning.
  • marylouise86
    marylouise86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    so my second day is going okay, not missing anything too much...yet! went out shopping and managed to avoid eating or drinking anything naughty hurrah!
    feel free to add me on here anyone :)
  • epa1112
    epa1112 Posts: 12
    Options

I did pretty well. I brought my own snacks to the cook outs and planned ahead mostly by eating before and exercised in the morning.
    I exercised that morning :) and it all went down hill from there:( . I like the idea of bringing your own stuff to the cookout. I'm gonna keep that in mind for July 4th
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I exercised that morning :) and it all went down hill from there:( . I like the idea of bringing your own stuff to the cookout. I'm gonna keep that in mind for July 4th

It works, plus I some times bring a healthy snack for all so it doesn't look too out of place.

I also ask the organizer if they need me to bring anything. I don't eat beef, so if they're only serving beef, I'll call ahead of time and say do you mind me bringing something.

My attitude is "it's my life and I have to live it wherever I go." :bigsmile:
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options

I did pretty well actually! No BBQs or cookouts-- way to much temptation. I managed to get in some running (Saturday) and tennis playing (Sun & Mon) which all made for some good calorie burning! Food intake was decent and varied (but I couldn't beat down the sodium monster).
  • AngelRae83
    AngelRae83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies im new to this group i have over 70lbs to lose. what are some of your best eating habits that you can share with me? thats where i think i go wrong. i really need help and support. Today was good i went on a 14km bike ride it was nice. hope to get to know you all soon :)
  • s_ballchic_2
    Options
    I'm with ya girly!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies im new to this group i have over 70lbs to lose. what are some of your best eating habits that you can share with me? thats where i think i go wrong. i really need help and support. Today was good i went on a 14km bike ride it was nice. hope to get to know you all soon :)

I am new as well and would love to loose 80! Eating is super hard so the best thing is to be prepared. I try to portioning everything out ahead of time! Now that it is summer there is so much fruit and veggies!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

I managed to stay under my calorie goal but was over my sugar for 2 days There were friends visiting from out of town and I was a little too free and bad some bad food choices. I made it to the gym yesterday and today so I'm back on track now.
  • freakaleek1
    freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am glad i found this post. I weighed 240 exactly this morning. I am trying to lose 105 pounds. i would love to be 135 pounds. I have found it very challenging for me but if i have support from others then it helps so much. I have decided to really start tomorrow on 6/1/ 2011. However today i have taken control of my eating and this evening i am going walking for a hour.
  • Jillatha
    Jillatha Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As a girl who has lost 112lbs I wish you all the worlds supply of luck in losing your lbs! You are all awesome!
  • TheOnlyMe
    TheOnlyMe Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Soooo....... Had my first weigh in after going off track for quite a while and although I had a pretty bad weekend (4 takeaways!!) I weighed in on monday and to my surprise I had lost 2lbs!! :O
    Just thinking now this week they might catch up with me so fingers crossed I can keep them off!!

My mini goals are:

1. 14st 13lbs / 209lbs = To finally get below 210lbs (been flitting from 210-216 for about 8 weeks)
    2. 13st 13lbs / 195lbs = 20% of my starting weight ** REWARD ** Getting nail extensions **
    3. 12st 7lbs / 175lbs = This was my lowest weight I remember being before I had my little boy, about april 2007
    4. 10st / 140lbs = Just because.... Isn't this every girls dream?!? ** REWARD ** A dress ** (always been to big to wear one)
    5. 8st 10lbs / 122lbs = 50% of my starting weight gone (think it would just be cool to say i've lost a whole me lol)

Good Luck To Everyone xxxxxxxx