Mad at myself

Options
:mad: I am so mad at myself, last night I ate an entire bag of soft batch cookies in less than a half hour :explode: I have to stop this night time eating, I eat right all day and night time comes and I turn into a eating machine, sitting at desk screaming,:mad: but today is a new day and for breakfast all I have had is chex rice cereal and soy milk, please wish me luck when darkness hits again .

Replies

• Sage309
    Options
    :mad: I am so mad at myself, last night I ate an entire bag of soft batch cookies in less than a half hour :explode: I have to stop this night time eating, I eat right all day and night time comes and I turn into a eating machine, sitting at desk screaming,:mad: but today is a new day and for breakfast all I have had is chex rice cereal and soy milk, please wish me luck when darkness hits again .
  • Canelitas
    Options
    aww...man,

The good thing is you know and admit, where you went wrong, I myself was having a bad week at dinner time, until I was told to have 5-6 meals a day, and since I started that it has helped me, I'm not pigging out at dinner time.

Wish you the best in your journey :flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Acknowledge the frustration but be nice to yourself!!

And today is a new day -- my suggestion -- give yourself a treat so you're not at supercraving point at night-night time.

Good luck!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You can do it! If you don't have to be seated, then don't. Do something else when the darkness hits in. Clean the sink, take a drawer of stuff and reorganize, take your file with important documents and sort them. Whatever! Go for a walk. Just sitting there and praying you'll resist won't help that much.

Good luck! If you make it one night, and the night after and then again a night, it'll be no more a happening, but a habit! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It might help you to actually eat a little bit more during the day ... I'm not sure what else you're eating during the daytime, but it always backfires on me to eat too little at breakfast and lunch. Rice chex don't have much staying power ... try something with fiber and protein. Maybe some oatmeal and an egg, or some whole wheat toast and an egg, then for lunch more fiber and protein with a little bit of good fat ... like a big salad with some kind of lean meat on it.

You can do this ... just don't let your body think you are starving during the day! I know there is a whole emotion thing added to it, too ... I blew it in a big way last night because I felt bad. But if at least your body is satisfied that it has enough fuel, it is that much less pressure to eat.

Hang in there ... you CAN do it!
  • Sage309
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great advise :smile: :smile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    We ALL have our bad days, I know I have.

Last night at 11pm I really wanted to munch on something, anything....thank goodness for low fat popcorn....I ate the entire bag.
  • princessangel25
    princessangel25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mom its not your fault i should not have handed you the bag of cookies.Im sorry i always seem to mess you up some how.:heart:
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do to distract myself from eating is to paint my nails. I've never painted my nails until recently. But it is something I can do that keeps my hands busy, doesn't allow me to put my fingers into food, and smells nasty and strong (somehow helping curb my appetite).
  • punka274
    Options
    My problem is the night time eating too...I try to just drink water like a camel until im full,LOL! Or i will drink some crystal lite or a cup of coffee(decaf:wink: ). Try reading...that helps me too!

Once I get out of the habit of doing it...it gets easier

I wish you luck when darkness hits:smile::wink:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    Eat a big, healthy breakfast so that you're more full and less inclined to munch throughout the day. Take yourself away from temptation! No shopping while you feel like you could easily eat your way through the aisles, and do your best not to shop alone. If you want something to munch on and you find it hard to give up cookies (like I do), get 100-calorie packs of Oreos and Chips Ahoy. Even if you eat the whole box, that's a 600-calorie binge instead of a 3000-calorie binge. Take baby steps and don't beat yourself up! You're absolutely right, today is a new day. Be STRONG, you can do it! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: