MEN and WOMEN: Lose 10lbs in June 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    Great job everyone. remember according to my Diocletian a weight loss of 1 -2 pounds a week or 1% body fat is healthy. So most of us are right on track. Don't get discourage.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    SW – 381.2 lbs (June 1)
    Week 1 – 374.6 lbs (June 8)
    Week 2 - 373.8 lbs (June 15)
    Week 3 - xxx lbs (June 22)
    Week 4 - xxx lbs (June 29)
    Total lost – 7.4 lbs

STUPID TOM!!!! At least it was a loss! :ohwell:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I had a lousy first two weeks...

First I went to another province for a funeral and it was highly emotional for me as well as being out of my "lifestyle change" comfort zone. We did a lot of not eating all day because we were packing personal effects and planning funerals and visiting lawyers and such and then it would be supper time and we would over indulge because it was the only meail we ate all day.

Needless to say, I put on four pounds, BUT, I also lost a size on my top and maybe even two sizes on my bottom. So I'm a little confuzzled as to whether this is a victory month or not. I ENJOY seeing that scale move, so while it was really gratifying to try on clothes last weekend and be in a smaller size in my tops and bottoms i'm still super stressed about that 4 pound gain...

(of which two pounds have already come off, since being back and back at it.)

so I don't think I will make the 10 pound goal this month, but i'm not giving up yet...i'm just not sure if I'll still feel victorious in what I DID accomplish if I don't make the 10 pounds.

L
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    SW - 155 lbs
    Week 1 - 154 lbs
    Week 2 - 152 lbs
    Week 3 - xxx lbs
    Week 4 - xxx lbs
    Total lost - xx lbs
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    SW - 164 (June 1st)
    Week 1 - 162.5 lbs(June 8th)
    Week 2 - 162.5lbs(June 15th)
    Week 3 - xxx lbs (June 22nd)
    Week 4 - xxx lbs (June 29th)

Total Lost in June: 1.5 lbs.

Grumble grumble. No weight loss this past week. The weight just fell off at the beginning of losing, when I was 20+ pounds heavier, but it's really difficult and slow going now. That's okay -- I plan to pick up the slack a little this week. Hoping for another 1.5 lbs!
  • kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options

First I went to another province for a funeral and it was highly emotional for me as well as being out of my "lifestyle change" comfort zone. We did a lot of not eating all day because we were packing personal effects and planning funerals and visiting lawyers and such and then it would be supper time and we would over indulge because it was the only meail we ate all day.

Needless to say, I put on four pounds, BUT, I also lost a size on my top and maybe even two sizes on my bottom. So I'm a little confuzzled as to whether this is a victory month or not. I ENJOY seeing that scale move, so while it was really gratifying to try on clothes last weekend and be in a smaller size in my tops and bottoms i'm still super stressed about that 4 pound gain...

so I don't think I will make the 10 pound goal this month, but i'm not giving up yet...i'm just not sure if I'll still feel victorious in what I DID accomplish if I don't make the 10 pounds.

L

"Great Attitude!!" Keep it up.
  • jlbiles
    Options

Sounds like you might of gain muscle weight. Hang in there. for the record though I need to make sure I am recording the right weight.
    295.2 is that what your week 2 weight is.
  • anume08
    anume08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SW:175
    WK1-(6/8): 174.7
    WK2-(6/15):174.7
    WK3-(6/22):
    WK4-(6/29):
    TL-.3#

YIKES! IDK GUYS, I AM NOT DOING TOO GREAT; HOWEVER, I AM STILL IN IT AND WILL BE REFOCUSING FOR NEXT WEEKS WEIGH-IN! I WILL BE UPPING MY WORKOUTS FOR BETTER RESULTS!
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    SW - 240.0 lbs (June. 1st)
    Week 1 - 236.0 (June 8th)
    Week 2 - 232.0 (June 15th)
    Week 3 - xxx lbs
    Week 4 - xxx lbs
    Total lost - 8.0lbs lost
  • mshellrung117
    Options
    SW – 266.6 lbs (June 1)
    Week 1 – 225.8 lbs (June 8)
    Week 2 - 224.3 lbs (June 15)
    Total Lost in June : 2.3 pounds

Sorry I didn't post last week, I just had a lot going on !
  • alittle99
    alittle99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    SW - 180 lbs
    Week 1 - 176.5lbs
    Week 2 - 175.5lbs
    Week 3 -
    Week 4 -
    Total lost -

UGH-- The past two days I've been so stressed at work and have been a human garbage disposal!! At least I'm not gaining yet- but I've got to cut it out! Especially since I had been seeing results... how on Earth to I keep the inevitably "Two Week Slip-up" (I'm notorious for this cycle: do really really well then crash and burn) AWAY??!!! I need to tattoo a picture of a skinny person on my arm or something!??!

Hoping to still be able to hit my 10 lb goal... just gotta stay on the straight and narrow from here on out!
  • decruisers
    decruisers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    SW 250
    wk1 246
    wk2 245
    wk3 xxx
    wk4 xxx
    total 5 lbs

Slow week compared to the 1st week...not sure what I did different.....oh well...trudge forward..up the workout, keep the calorie count down
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    SW - 224 lbs
    Week 1 - xxx lbs
    Week 2 - xxx lbs
    Week 3 - xxx lbs
    Week 4 - xxx lbs
    Total lost - 0 lbs

I'm doing whatever I can to motivate myself...I'm recovering from surgery and looking to get back in shape!
  • jlbiles
    Options
    mshellrung117
    Joined Sep 2010
    Wed 06/15/11 07:53 PM
    SW – 266.6 lbs (June 1)
    Week 1 – 225.8 lbs (June 8)
    Week 2 - 224.3 lbs (June 15)
    Total Lost in June : 2.3 pounds

Sorry I didn't post last week, I just had a lot going on !

You need to double check your starting weight for me. Something looks off and if it is right I want to know your secret. lol
  • jlbiles
    Options
    REMEMBER EVERYONE I know that our group goal is 10 pounds a month. But realistically if you have 1-2 pounds a month then you are doing great. I look at it if I don't gain any I am doing good. So don't let the scale not moving as fast as you would like to discourage you. Maybe we should change the group goal to being 8 pounds a month.
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My weight stayed the same, but lost inches,,,so i am okay with that :0)
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    SW - 183 lbs
    Week 2 - 183 lbs
    Week 3 - xxx lbs
    Week 4 - xxx lbs
    Total lost - xx lbs

We'll see.... I'm ready for the challenge.

This week I so no movement in the scale but inches continue to get smaller so not going to frett..... See above for week two totals.
  • kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    SW-180.2
    Week 1- 174.6
    Week 2- 172.8
    Week 3- xxx
    Week 4- xxx
    Total- 7.4lbs

I'm getting closer! Just 2.6lbs to go, so I think I will step it up this week and try to meet my goal on the next weigh-in. It's worth the try.
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options
    SW: 156.0
    Week 1: 151.0
    Week 2: 150.8
    Week 3: xxx
    Week 4: xxx
    Total lost: 5.2lbs
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Scratch yesterday's weigh-in! It done in the afternoon (post free deep dish pizza). I just weighed in this morning (because I simply couldn't believe yesterday's weigh-in, and ... TA-DA!

SW - 164 (June 1st)
    Week 1 - 162.5 lbs(June 8th)
    Week 2 - 161 lbs(June 15th [Okay, June 16th if I'm being honest])
    Week 3 - xxx lbs (June 22nd)
    Week 4 - xxx lbs (June 29th)

Total Lost in June: 3 lbs.

3 lbs! That's huge for me! I may not make 10 lbs (I never really though that I would) but I think the 150s and a 5 lbs loss might actually be possible!