Mommy Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    First - I hope all our moms are doing great so far!

Question, being mothers - and i myself work full time and have two - what do you ladies do for eating? I have come to the (what should have been obvious!) revelation that i go for the quick/easy prepared meals and it has come to my attention that i have been consuming waaaaayy too much sodium. It is very difficult to spend a ton of time in the kitchen to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 7 nights a week so tend to rely heavily on 100 calorie snack packs, veggies, and weight watchers meals/desserts. Although i have been doing well so far i realized out of 5 weeks, the week where i lost 5 lbs was my lowest week in sodium.....never put two and two together until reading some posts recently. So i was curious how you all tackle eating the right things and being mommies!!
    Thanks in advance:flowerforyou:

I think I have my eating down, maybe my combination could be better...take a look at my dairy :)

I cook chicken breast sunday evening so I can have for lunch, may it be a wrap on a wheat tortilla-with salad, sandwich, the possiblitlies are endless. I wouldn't do frozen dinners TO MUCH SODIUM!
    other snack exp, which don't take to much 'time' but you do need to prepare to succeed :)
    berries with almonds
    string cheese
    avacado with corn chip/Kashi crackers
    Fiber one bars
    apple w/ natural peanut butter
    peanut butter by itself
    greek yogurt with honey or fruit (don't like it plain...yet)

I'ld like to know more snack ideas if any of you mommies have any
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to start tracking my sodium; I think I'll have the same problem. I eat alot of frozen dinners for lunch because they are easy to just grab and go (i don't have a lot of time with a 6 month old to get ready also). I'm not a cook at all - that's my husbands job. :happy: I'm not really a 'planner' in that regard and I honestly don't know where to begin.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I eat a Healthy Choice frozen meal every day for lunch so I'm not the person to ask.
    For snacks I grill up some skinless boneless chicken breasts on Sunday night and take 4oz a day for morning snack and then have a Fiber One bar for afternoon snack. I also usually have a piece of fruit for both snacks.

Sodium and sugar are my downfalls- I need to get both under control. I'll get there though- 1 step at a time.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Pick a night (any night, not necessarily Sunday night before the work week), and make something you can use for healthy lunches. I love to make tuna salad, chicken salad, or egg salad. Eat on just lettuce leaves or wraps. Makes a great snack or lunch. Also grill or bake a few extra pieces of chicken breast one night at dinner to have for lunch the next day or two.

I'm a huge fan of leftovers, and making a little extra when you're already fixing dinner anyway saves a ton of time on lunch the next day. I know some people who won't eat leftovers at all but I hate to waste food and my time! Also when you cooking just don't add salt to anything. Add some herbs (dried work just fine, I can't keep any actual plants alive), garlic, or spice stuff up with hot sauce for flavor. You won't miss the salt!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    SW- 136lbs
    CW- 134lbs (-2lbs)
  • onepugluvr
    onepugluvr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a mother in my 40's with a 3 year old, how can I join this group ??
  • tbrillard
    tbrillard Posts: 13
    Options
    Good job. you did better than me. I have it and looked at it, but I get really bored if its all circuit training type exercises. I much prefer cardio workouts they seem to hold my interest better. I may have to break down and actually do it.
  • MeliF
    MeliF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to weigh in tomorrow! I am in CA visiting family and don't want to use a different scale. I hope everyone is doing GREAT!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    First - I hope all our moms are doing great so far!

Question, being mothers - and i myself work full time and have two - what do you ladies do for eating? I have come to the (what should have been obvious!) revelation that i go for the quick/easy prepared meals and it has come to my attention that i have been consuming waaaaayy too much sodium. It is very difficult to spend a ton of time in the kitchen to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 7 nights a week so tend to rely heavily on 100 calorie snack packs, veggies, and weight watchers meals/desserts. Although i have been doing well so far i realized out of 5 weeks, the week where i lost 5 lbs was my lowest week in sodium.....never put two and two together until reading some posts recently. So i was curious how you all tackle eating the right things and being mommies!!
    Thanks in advance:flowerforyou:

its a hard thing to do, but once you start preparing in advance its the best. If you can cook on Sunday for the week it is amazing..you eat healthy and have free time each evening..
  • makeupartist12
    Options
    As of 06/06/11, weight 226.8lbs! I lost 1.2lbs
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    As of today - my weight is 189.0
    Loss for the week - 2.6
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Good morning! This morning I am at 190.6. A little disappointed but it's ok. I hit the gym hard this morning and have plans to do so the next 3 days. Oh well. I need to hit it hard, eat better and up my water!!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    As of this morning 6/6 I'm at 177 - 5 lbs lost!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Just checkig in for week 1 :)
    If everyone can follow this format, it would greatly help Latoya and I when we are creating the spreadsheet :)
    Thanks ladies

SW - 158.3
    Week 6/6/11 - 155.00
    Week 6/13/11 -
    Week 6/20/11 -
    Week 6/27/11 -
    Week 7/4/11-
    Total lost -
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ok, this morning I weighed in at 246 that's a 5 lb loss. I have to admit - it kind of feels like a fluke but I weighted myself about 3 times.

I ate pretty well this weekend but didn't workout so hard. Really besides house cleaning I laid on my couch ALL weekend. My body was tired and needed a rest - apparently its what I needed for weight loss too. I have to weigh in for another challenge tomorrow so I may update my weight if it changes overnight.

SW:251
    CW: 246
    GW: 243
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    still 168 :/
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    SW - 192
    week 6/6 - 190.6
    Hope that helps! Thanks ladies! :smile:
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    SW - 153.8
    Week 6/6/11 - 154.4 :(
    Week 6/13/11 -
    Week 6/20/11 -
    Week 6/27/11 -
    Week 7/4/11-
    Total lost -
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    SW- 136lbs
    CW- 134lbs (-2lbs)

look at you!! thats great!! 8 more to go!!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    As of 06/06/11, weight 226.8lbs! I lost 1.2lbs

awesome to u!!