Locker Room Etiquette

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
At what age in a man's life does all inhibition go out the window??? Seriously...It never fails when I'm getting changed some old dude is coming or going to the shower with towel on shoulder and junk catching a breeze. Today I'm talking baseball with this guy while getting dressed, I turn around and the dude has got his shoes on and nothing, just standing there. Really dude? You put your shoes on before your drawers and you're ok just talking with me??? Come on man! If this sounds like you, please put the towel around your waste. Us kids today (I'm 39 - lol) are not comfortable with this............thank you!

Replies

• nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! OMG!!! Sorry I couldn't help but laugh.... the picture in my mind is burning away my brains ahhhh!!!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    At what age in a man's life does all inhibition go out the window??? Seriously...It never fails when I'm getting changed some old dude is coming or going to the shower with towel on shoulder and junk catching a breeze. Today I'm talking baseball with this guy while getting dressed, I turn around and the dude has got his shoes on and nothing, just standing there. Really dude? You put your shoes on before your drawers and you're ok just talking with me??? Come on man! If this sounds like you, please put the towel around your waste. Us kids today (I'm 39 - lol) are not comfortable with this............thank you!

Its situations like that is why I always carry my flip phone and have a you-tube account.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I second this!

Does a guy really need to dry shave naked in front of the full length mirror at the end of the row of lockers? Really? What does this accomplish different than shaving at the sink WITH A TOWEL ON!
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    LOL, Omg what happened to modesty and being respectful of others?
  • roballesteros
    roballesteros Posts: 140
    Options
    That is sooo grosss! My husband avoids the locker room at our gym for that very reason.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I HEAR YA.......same things goes for those gals and ladies out there who bounce around the locker or gym in the buff wanting to have a coversation with others. We aren't really listening to you, because your %$#&'s and your &^%$ are hanging out everywhere. Keep 'em under wraps!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    That pic is great Cowpacino! Perfect! :laugh:
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    Lol my little bro actually once told me about seeing an old guy blow drying his junk in the locker room. Eww....
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Lol my little bro actually once told me about seeing an old guy blow drying his junk in the locker room. Eww....

Ohhhh NOOOOO!!! That is so wrong!!! They need to have rules that prevent that.... talk about scarred for life!!!
  • SiobhanF2773
    Options
    Funny, yet DISGUSTING at the same time!! At that point I would be rude and tell him to cover his "stuff".
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Oh WOWWW. D: Some chicks are the same way too, though! The ONE TIME I used our rec center locker room, some old lady all in there with just shorts on, NO TOP and just going about her business out in the freaking open. NOT CUTE.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    American really need to get over nudity!!!!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    You guys must have never had to take communal showers in school or in the Army.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    just this morning i stopped my workout cos i needed to pee, walked into the changing rooms and an older lady is in just knickers(panties) bent over at the waist, boobage dangling everywhere...i tried to look away but it's a mirrored changing room!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must be the only guy on here who isn't bothered by this. I don't go walking around like that because I'm self-conscious. But, it's a locker room. I expect to see people naked. Nudity isn't shameful or disgusting. If people want to stand around nude while conversing, more power to them for being comfortable with their own bodies to not give a crap.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    As a former nurse aide who use to work in a nursing home...it takes more than old men walking around in all their glory to shock me (or old women for that matter!). :bigsmile:
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    my gym/pool only has a communal changing area. I'm finding it pretty uncomfortable! Most of the women in there are quite happy stripping off but then they are probably about 60 pounds or more lighter than I am!

The only thing worse would be mirrors, I don't need to see myself fighting out of a wet swimming costume first thing in the morning - like a whale wrestling an octopus:embarassed:
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    :laugh: at 40 lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    In all the years I've been using gyms and locker rooms, I have yet to have that happen to me. I've seen people discreetly change, but not had to endure nude conversations. LOL!!! :laugh: