Locker Room Etiquette

Replies

• lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    It's a locker room. Where else are people supposed to get naked and change? I don't really worry about it. But at the same time I prefer not to have conversations with other dudes when their junk is out. Kinda like at the urinal. Most guys don't pee and talk to other men while using the public urinal. Your stuff is out, my stuff is out, we honestly have nothing that needs to be said at that moment. Do your business and leave.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    I feel uncomfortable when I see naked women walking around the locker rooms, whether changing or walking to the showers.It's not that it's saggy skin or whatever - it doesn't matter to me if it's a twenty-year-old or a eighty-year-old. But I understand it's a locker room so I just avert my eyes and look at the ground.
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    now i have no problem with nudity at all (ive done nude photoshoots) but there is one woman at my gym who appears to (literally) bend over backwards to apply her moisturiser and lets it all hang out (emphasis on the word "hang" - she's getting on a bit) and I felt a bit shocked looking in the mirror to dry my hair just to catch a gynaecological close up of this woman's bits!

Please, a towel (or even *gasp* some pants!) are appreciated!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Granted, I'm also completely amused by the people in the locker room who go to great lengths to change without exposing themselves at all -- pulling on their shorts under their skirts and doing the under-the-shirt bra change. I mean, it's just boobs and coochies and bums. We all have them.

*ahem* I do this .. mainly because a lot of my colleagues use the same gym as me. But I'm not a prude!.. I hope :\
  • Susan_Marie67
    Susan_Marie67 Posts: 23 Member
    [
  • Susan_Marie67
    I hope you're kidding. :noway: :mad:
  • Susan_Marie67
    Sorry guys.. trying to respond to the post that says he/she takes their cellphone in the lockers to take pics.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    American really need to get over nudity!!!!

haha no doubt...it's a north american phenomena where nudity is considered disgusting...but that's how we were taught.

It's not "disgusting" morally---just aesthetically :laugh:
  • smiverz
    smiverz Posts: 40 Member
    people who decide to get changed literally about an inch away from me and basicall hang there clothes on top of mine when the rest of the changing room is free pisses me off 100000x more than seeing some1 naked. its a changing room what do u expect??
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    It doesn't bother me. Maybe it's my theater background - can't avoid seeing each other in our natural states with those bitty changing rooms! But I just don't mind seeing other peoples bodies. :: shrug :: Seeing a male naked body would possibly make me a bit uncomfortable but that has more to do with only wanting to see my husband not every other guy! I also wouldn't want a guy to see me naked. Women, no biggie. Who cares?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    I would much rather see 20 year old women than 80 year old men.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    I don't mind people changing in the CHANGING room :tongue: . I am, however, disturbed by the talk of parents bringing their children into a changing room. Not b/c it's so horrible for children to be exposed to nude bodies but due to the privacy issues of the adults. As a teacher, I can imagine a parent bringing one of a teacher's students (of either sex) into the room--THAT would be very uncomfortable for all involved.

I'm glad that my gym has a very strict rule that children are NOT allowed in the locker rooms. I honestly can't imagine any reason to bring children in there. If your gym has childcare, drop the kids off there BEFORE you go to the locker room. Maybe I'm missing something...
  • I guess you were never in the service. If you think seeing men walk around naked is bad, you would never have made it in the Marines. Without going into detail a lot more communal experiences that that!

I see nothing wrong with it. I think it is worst working out for a hour and then putting you street clothes back on. That's just nasty.
    Also guys that object to this usually feel insecure about themselves.
  • This doesn't bother me when I go to the gym
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    At what age in a man's life does all inhibition go out the window??? Seriously...It never fails when I'm getting changed some old dude is coming or going to the shower with towel on shoulder and junk catching a breeze. Today I'm talking baseball with this guy while getting dressed, I turn around and the dude has got his shoes on and nothing, just standing there. Really dude? You put your shoes on before your drawers and you're ok just talking with me??? Come on man! If this sounds like you, please put the towel around your waste. Us kids today (I'm 39 - lol) are not comfortable with this............thank you!

Feel your pain dude but it's not just old guys. I don't get how guys can get out of the shower, brush their teeth, throw a shirt on, shave, throw some socks on, and just leave their junk hanging out for all to see. What's worse is if I'm sitting on the bench in front of my locker getting my stuff togehter and I turn and look up and somebody's junk is right there in my face. Dude, wtf???
  • egoheen
    egoheen Posts: 24 Member
    That happened to me a few months after I starting going to the gym on my own without my workout buddy. I walked around to go to the bathroom and this woman was in a very very very very short towel. I went to the bathroom, came out, and she had dropped the towel and proceeded to blowdry her hair while staring straight at me. It was almost as if she was daring me to look and say something. I am extraordinarily shy so this really freaked me out. I don't have a problem with nudity at all, but it was weird. When I talked with my friends (girls and guys) - they acted like I was the weird one.
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    I didn't think dude's had a problem with flaunting their junk. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

Be Proud!
  • What kind of shoes???
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 605 Member
    now i have no problem with nudity at all (ive done nude photoshoots) but there is one woman at my gym who appears to (literally) bend over backwards to apply her moisturiser and lets it all hang out (emphasis on the word "hang" - she's getting on a bit) and I felt a bit shocked looking in the mirror to dry my hair just to catch a gynaecological close up of this woman's bits!

There's an older, heavier lady like that at our gym too. I have no problem with nudity but standing stark naked in front of a mirror watching yourself while you moisturize the "girls"? I didn't know whether I should applaud her confidence or throw a couple of bills her way...
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    what annoys me is kids being in the ladies changing room. this is why i avoid my gym on a saturday after 10am.

there is a seperate FAMILY changing room, why do they not use it?!

it is uncomfortable for me to be getting undressed and a 9-11 year old boy comes in.
This discussion has been closed.