Like Minded Lushes June 2011

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Dang, you lushes have been chatty!!!

So, after New York, I was going to take it easy but a birthday party on Monday sidelined that...3 vodka-Frescas. But, on Tuesday, Hubs and I either had food poisoning or the nastiest stomach virus I've ever had. My mom ended up coming over, giving us both Zofran, an IV and then she took the kids for the night...ugh, it was miserable.

I had 1 yesterday--a vodka-red bull for "motivation". :laugh:

I've missed you guys!! I've been so busy working on the yard and the house that I've not had much computer time.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Gramma's are the best, I wouldn't be where or who I am today without mine.

In fact, I'm making today my rest day from the X so I can spend the day with my Mom and Gram ... and yes, there will be wine =]
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making it to Granny land!!

I feel like junk today thanks to the numerous tequilla and Rumpie shots last night after each game of pool. So of course I went ahead and then got some taco bell which I pounded like no ones business and passed out before I could even clean up the mess. :noway:

I think I am going to need to take it a little easy seeing we have a volleyball tournament this weekend. :glasses:

Maybe just some wine. :love:

We have a new found passion for wine. I really like the cabs and merlots. I found a coppola called Russo I believe and I really like it. It was a mix of diff reds and priced well.

Anyone have good suggestions for a new wine couple? My wife is a lot more into moscatos and sweeter wines so it is rare I found one we are both really into. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

I feel like junk today thanks to the numerous tequilla and Rumpie shots last night after each game of pool. So of course I went ahead and then got some taco bell which I pounded like no ones business and passed out before I could even clean up the mess. :noway:

I think I am going to need to take it a little easy seeing we have a volleyball tournament this weekend. :glasses:

We have a new found passion for wine. I really like the cabs and merlots. I found a coppola called Russo I believe and I really like it. It was a mix of diff reds and priced well.

Anyone have good suggestions for a new wine couple? My wife is a lot more into moscatos and sweeter wines so it is rare I found one we are both really into. :drinker:

Usually only drink cab or shiraz or malbec or haha, jk!!! But Robert Mondavi has a really nice cab that I buy frequently and its usually always on sale. If you care to splurge on a special night Coppola Directors Cut Cab is it die for!!!!
    These days I have been buying boxes of Red Box Cab, its the best boxed wine I've found (comparible to most bottles too, quality wise) and it stays fresh so you don't feel like to have to finish the bottle....on another note, its does make it easier to have more, haha!!!!
    Oh and the red box is only 15calories per ounce (researched it on different sites) which is less than most wines!!!!
    Enjoy!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Found out last night that I am going to be a grandma. :noway: Drank lots of vodka to get a grip on the idea.

DD is 27 and her hubby is 34. They have been together 8 years and got married in January. Stable jobs, good home so it is all really good news and she has wanted this for a long time but .......

I am too young to be a grandma:sad: I am having trouble wrapping my lushy little mind around the idea. I am sure I will get more into it as time goes on. I am really excited, just kind of freaked out.
    We just found out my 35 year old sister is gonna be a grandma too! That makes me a great auntie. It's all a little bitter sweet cause my nephew really has alot going for him and now it's all gonna have to be put on hold or at least slowed down in order to be a family man. He is only 19 years old but on a plus side at least he waited till he graduated. His mom and I both had kids when we were 16.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Welcome to granny world! :bigsmile: It's much more fun the second time around. You get to feed them junk, spoil them, dress them funny, give them too much sugar and then send them home!
    My mom picks up my littlest after daycare and almost always takes him to her house to make him PB and J and a milkshake before she brings him home! Spoils his dinner all the time but its their "thing" so I don't complain:wink:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Congratulations Robin...that's exciting news

I was lushy last night...very lushy...but, no more this week
    Oh come on Kim, It's only Friday... You have the WHOLE weekend ahead of you! Just a few drinks couldn't hurt:devil:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options

I like Pinot Noir, it's a red wine but has a sweet buttery taste that your wife might like.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options

Usually only drink cab or shiraz or malbec or haha, jk!!! But Robert Mondavi has a really nice cab that I buy frequently and its usually always on sale. If you care to splurge on a special night Coppola Directors Cut Cab is it die for!!!!
    These days I have been buying boxes of Red Box Cab, its the best boxed wine I've found (comparible to most bottles too, quality wise) and it stays fresh so you don't feel like to have to finish the bottle....on another note, its does make it easier to have more, haha!!!!
    Oh and the red box is only 15calories per ounce (researched it on different sites) which is less than most wines!!!!
    Enjoy!
    I second the Robert Mondavi wines! That's the brand I buy for my bar... It's low cost yet gets great reviews from my customers.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Sunday 3
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0
    Thursday 0

My husband thinks he needs to go get a new tatoo today so I told him he has to do whatever I want tomorrow cause he gets to spend so much money on himself and he agreed! So that means our beach trip is on! Whooo Hoooo, I :heart: the beach! Now I'm gonna work on getting MYSELF a tatoo outta the deal:devil:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Oh yes wine again tonight to accompany the very tasty squid I cooked. Happy friday lushes :drinker:
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hello Lushes! I love to drink red wine. I use to have a glass a night after work but on tough days I would add another glass. Wasn't helping the losing part. I also like margaritas at my fav latin place we go to.

Lately though I finally quit toxic job and it took so much stress off me that I haven't had a drink since! Two weeks now.

I know I will have more again but its nice to have a time out. I quit right after a migraine from all the stress. It sort of woke me up big time!

You can still lose weight and have a glass of wine here and there, I think when you stop all of the things you like eventually you will go off program.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - 1 bottle of wine.

I plan to not indulge until after next Thursday's weigh in for Kim's comp. I can do this! :smokin:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - 1 bottle of wine.

I plan to not indulge until after next Thursday's weigh in for Kim's comp. I can do this! :smokin:
    Oh come on Faith, you stole Debbie from us... You'll be fine, a few drinks won't hurt:devil:
  • MotivatedPeanut
    MotivatedPeanut Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! And I find myself in that situation.... close to every weekend! But I guess if we start thinking about all the hard work we put in throughout the week.. the less we'd want to drink and eat?? Think positively about all the exercise and healthy eating done 5 out of 7 days and maybe that will help with not indulging too hardcore over the weekend.... :smile:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm still here.....Sorry I haven't been commenting lately. It seems that now I get to comment every 2 weeks or so! Or, read everyone's comments. You all are doing good! I'm holding my own, stable right now. Time to get moving! I need to start logging my calories again. Just 'cause. Holding is good, but need more off. I guess I subliminally program it that way. "Course I'm drinking beer. lol, but haven't been too bad these last 2 months. It's the temp job, I'm tellin' ya!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Working a double no drinks tonight! 0 for 5:bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Robin...that's exciting news

I was lushy last night...very lushy...but, no more this week
    Oh come on Kim, It's only Friday... You have the WHOLE weekend ahead of you! Just a few drinks couldn't hurt:devil:

I've had out-of-town guest in and out for 2 weeks...it's not good for lushiness
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 3 glasses of wine
    Tuesday, 1 glass of wine
    Wednesday, 32 oz of Sam Adam and 2 at home equals 5
    Thursday, 1.5 bottles of wine equal 7
    Friday, 2 glasses of wine

Total: 18 drinks

I am done for the week and now have to burn that all off in exercise...ugh...that's about 2500 calories...I am ready for all my company to leave and have a break from visitors

My Grandmothers has a saying "Company is like leftovers, after 3 days they both start to stink"
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    We were supposed to have a neighorhood movie night last night (we project a movie onto a neighbor's white house and we watch it from our yard/patio) so we all started off by drinking...then it rained so the women-folk and kids moved to one house so the kids could watch the movie and the men stayed at our house and watched hockey and drank beer. I drank...a lot.

Not sure about tonight, it's supposed to be chilly so there probably won't be much outdoor time, which gets me into trouble, so most likely we'll be indoors, perhaps playing some Wii dance so I can shimmy the calories off. :laugh: