For the Ladies....Need Some Help

Options
2»

Replies

• justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Because I am still losing weight and inches, I'm not that excited about spending the kind of money I would need to spend to get a great sports bra. Instead, I just wear two bras. A regular underwire and then and spandexy sports bra from Target over that. I but the sportsbra one size small. I get good compression without uniboob or weird bulging in the armpits.
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    I had that problem too. I actually was at the Nike store a few days ago to get new sneakers and found high impact sports bras there. Though they are a bit pricey but worth the money.

I have a high impact sport bra from Nike. I payed 60$ 4 years ago and it still looks like new. It is worth the money. I LOVE my Nike sports bra (I wear a D or DD, depends of the brand). I bike from work to home and I don't like to feel my boobs bounce all over the place, but with this one, I don't feel all the bumps and holes and rock and bouncyness of the bad road we have here. Good luck with your search!
  • PurelyZee
    PurelyZee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    The enell is expensive but great. I actually bought it at a shop that altered the straps to make it even tighter for me. Its a tank for your breast! They don't move! Once again Expensive but I have had mine for 16months and have no complaints. i was nursing twins and could still workout! My large C's had gone to FF's If you have questions feel free to contact me:) Zee

http://www.enell.com/
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    bump
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I find that anything that says compression in it works awesome. It will pretty much flatten you (it will me and I am a D cup), when running there is little to now bounce or jiggle.
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    http://www.athleta.com and http://www.titlenine.com have very supportive one in lots and lots of sizes. a little more expensive than walmart or target, but they are good quality and last a really long time.
  • fittraier
    fittraier Posts: 138
    Options
    I have had this issue all my life, and I am a runner, fitness instructor. I have differnet bras for different activities, and this is where I buy ONE bra to run in and LOVE IT! I only doubled up while nursing. Champion bras are the bomb for large chested women and not that expensive! )(personally I have tried NIKE, REEBOK, and ADDIDAS bras and they do not have enough support for running, but would be fine for other things). You CAN NOT find the size in the stores though, you need to order through their website.

http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Categories/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion.aspx

I usually don't pay more than $25 for one, usually I try to get them on sale for $20 if I can. sign up for their emails and you know when they have a sale. The seamless ones don't have a ton of support! I wear them for yoga only (or mowing the lawn) I have even converted to only wearing daily their Champion sport no poke wire bra for every day use...this one runs slightly small...because of the moiture wicking. and if I have to chase the dog, I am not totally bouncing all over.

I have horse riding friends that wear something else. I can't recall the name of it. I tried one on once, and the girls didn't move AT ALL! I can ask them what it is if you are intersted.
  • fittraier
    fittraier Posts: 138
    Options
    I forgot to say that the bras don't flatten you or give you uniboob.
  • ebju8482
    ebju8482 Posts: 32
    Options
    bump
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    I have DD- and LOVE the under armour zip up bras!! they are a little expensive $44 - but TOTALLY worth it!!
    no fighting to get it over your head, no trying yo do up the hooks in the back.. it zips right up the front.
    I use this for Running, turbo jam and what ever else I need the support from.

I find them at Sports Authority. not sure what size they go up to but I wear the Large and I am a 34-36 DD.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I have had this issue all my life, and I am a runner, fitness instructor. I have differnet bras for different activities, and this is where I buy ONE bra to run in and LOVE IT! I only doubled up while nursing. Champion bras are the bomb for large chested women and not that expensive! )(personally I have tried NIKE, REEBOK, and ADDIDAS bras and they do not have enough support for running, but would be fine for other things). You CAN NOT find the size in the stores though, you need to order through their website.

http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Categories/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion.aspx

I usually don't pay more than $25 for one, usually I try to get them on sale for $20 if I can. sign up for their emails and you know when they have a sale. The seamless ones don't have a ton of support! I wear them for yoga only (or mowing the lawn) I have even converted to only wearing daily their Champion sport no poke wire bra for every day use...this one runs slightly small...because of the moiture wicking. and if I have to chase the dog, I am not totally bouncing all over.

I have horse riding friends that wear something else. I can't recall the name of it. I tried one on once, and the girls didn't move AT ALL! I can ask them what it is if you are intersted.

That would be great if you could get the other name as well :)
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    I agree with the person (people?) that mentioned Enell. Best sports bra I have ever had. I am a larger cup size than you are and the girls stay in place. They also last FOREVER and I wash mine in the washing machine.

Here's one site that sells them but there are many others, depending on where you live

http://www.ladiesonlysports.com/brands/enell/enell-sports-bra-oprah-favorite.html