June -- Easy Biking Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Did another 10.85 mi this morning, total for the month is in my signature. (Forgot to look before posting, oops)

Kintegra, one more good ride & you have made it!
    Zornig, you're killing all of us. Good job =)
    isislc, make it a great week! You can definitely make it to 40!
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    June 4th - 14 Miles (7 miles 2x a day)
    June 5th - 7 Miles
    June 6th - 7 Miles
    June 8th - 7 Miles
    June 9th - 7 Miles
    June 15th - 7 Miles
    June 16th - 7 Miles
    June 17th - 7 Miles
    June 18th - 14 Miles (7 miles 2x a day)
    June 20th - 8 Miles
    June 21st - 9 Miles
    June 22nd - 8 Miles
    June 23rd - 3 Miles
    June 24th - 8 Miles
    June 27th - 7 Miles

Total: 120 Miles
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Nice. I plan to start riding to work now that my daughter is out of school and home for the summer. It's only 1 mile to work so it's not much but I think 2 miles a day x 5 days a week x 4 weeks a month = 40 miles. I dunno the math but I bet that adds to a hella lot of calories spent. Not to mention, I would like to beef up my legs some cuz I am 6' 7" with a 38" inseam. Heh.

Mix, my straight route to work is 2 miles each way, but in the summer at least I can find other routes around the lanes and such that take it up to about 4.5/5 miles each way :smile: For me, calorie-wise, a 12 minute ride burns 109 calories (I always thought it was more but my FT4 tells me it isn't!) and that's about 3 miles.

My mileage is going to drop hugely in the winter mind, especially as 99.99% of my routes are unlit, narrow lanes and roads with dodgy road surfacing. Fine when it's light enough to see the potholes but it'll be a b*tch in the dark, even with decent lights on the bike!

Think my mileage at the mo is around 110 or thereabouts :smile:
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Great work!
  • Mixmode
    Options
    Nice. I plan to start riding to work now that my daughter is out of school and home for the summer. It's only 1 mile to work so it's not much but I think 2 miles a day x 5 days a week x 4 weeks a month = 40 miles. I dunno the math but I bet that adds to a hella lot of calories spent. Not to mention, I would like to beef up my legs some cuz I am 6' 7" with a 38" inseam. Heh.

Mix, my straight route to work is 2 miles each way, but in the summer at least I can find other routes around the lanes and such that take it up to about 4.5/5 miles each way :smile: For me, calorie-wise, a 12 minute ride burns 109 calories (I always thought it was more but my FT4 tells me it isn't!) and that's about 3 miles.

My mileage is going to drop hugely in the winter mind, especially as 99.99% of my routes are unlit, narrow lanes and roads with dodgy road surfacing. Fine when it's light enough to see the potholes but it'll be a b*tch in the dark, even with decent lights on the bike!

Think my mileage at the mo is around 110 or thereabouts :smile:

Right on man. I have been doing the same thing. Direct route to work is 1 mile but the neighborhood is full of other routes so I have been taking them to and from work averaging anywhere from 2-4 miles.

To close out the month, today I actually plotted a 10 mile ride from work to home which is a HUGE circle around my house. This will be my longest ride to date. It's on a few main roads and will be right after work so I am a bit sketched about it but I think I will be ok. Uncharted territory is always fun.
  • Mixmode
    Options

Great work!

Thanks, Zornig!

June 4th - 14 Miles (7 miles 2x a day)
    June 5th - 7 Miles
    June 6th - 7 Miles
    June 8th - 7 Miles
    June 9th - 7 Miles
    June 15th - 7 Miles
    June 16th - 7 Miles
    June 17th - 7 Miles
    June 18th - 14 Miles (7 miles 2x a day)
    June 20th - 8 Miles
    June 21st - 9 Miles
    June 22nd - 8 Miles
    June 23rd - 3 Miles
    June 24th - 8 Miles
    June 27th - 7 Miles
    June 29th - 11 Miles

Total: 131 Miles
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I didn't get my last bike ride in for the month. :ohwell: Now if I would have made this a running challenge I would have KILLED it! I did another 6.3 miles running last night.

Oh well it was fun & thanks to everyone for joining in the challenge for June! :flowerforyou: