Options

Replies

• BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    hummus <3

canned tuna/fish - convenient in a pinch

quinoa quinoa quinoa.

and this isn't really food but it does help my kick the sugar cravings - light jello - 10 cals for a 1/2 paquet

i'm constantly trying to up my protein intake. keep those muscles looking sharp. the quinoa helps because i'm kind of meat-phobic.

What is quinoa? I LOVE hummus, but I tend to eat 8 servings of it with 50 pita chips which is about 400 calories down the hatch which is why I stopped buying it.
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm def going to have to try that milk! I'm ok with my 1/2% but it's almost like drinking water. . .

My staple items (that I love)...

Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut Fruit and Grain Bar (I have one everyday)
    Turkey everything!
    Tortillas
    Fat Free Ranch
    Weight Watchers Icecream Bars :)
    Jello Temptations
    Campells Light Soups
    Healthy Life Bread (it's only 35 cal a slice!)
  • sfmathews
    sfmathews Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bought the U/S Vanilla Almond Breeze this past weekend and have to say that I like it. I wasn't sure at first, but it works great in place of skim milk, with fewer calories and carbs.
    Definitely the light bread that has 35 calories a slice. I have two of those for breakfast along with a hardboiled egg. Very satisfying and filling.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    In addition to your list...

*My new favorite find is Flat Out! With these versatile wraps I make pizza, wraps and I have even used them in casseroles! At only 100 calories a piece... they are a must have!
    *This is not a food but I couldn't go without my Mio! I have a hard time drinking plain water so the 0 calorie water enhancer is great for me! Strawberry watermelon is my fav!
    *I love my Veggie/potato straws! When I'm craving french fries or chips I grab these instead plus they are only 130 calories for 38 of them!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Ole Extreme Wellness Low-Carb Low-Fat Tortillas:

71 Calories
    2g Fat
    17 Carbs
    8 g Protien; and
    12 g Fiber (Yes, you read that right!)

They are soft and yummy! Don't taste like they're good for you at all. Found them at Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love turkey peperoni and morning star veggie burgers.
  • Sarahdangerfox
    Options
    -Trader Joe's whole wheat lavash sheets...they are low cal and big enough to make a reeeally substantial wrap. I find that tortillas are sometimes too small to fit all the stuff I want in them.
    -laughing cow lite wedges
    -skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. YUM.
    -old fashioned rolled oats. I like to make mine with a few spoonfuls of pumpkin and cinnamon or almond butter
    -poached eggs are my favorite...I put them over a salad or sautéed veggies all the time
    -Trader Joe's egg white salad is a lifesaver in lunchtime wraps
    -kale chips, homemade. Yummy when you're craving that salty, crunchy snack! I also sneak kale into soup and chili all the time...it's a super food, so it's a good "filler".
  • sarahkumba
    sarahkumba Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh I LOVE Almond milk the 35 Calorie version is great for cooking and baking because it still has a little bit of fat it it and holds up great where FF milk would fall flat..For drinking I need the 60 Calorie kind though!

I Totally agree with the laughing cow wedges! Have you ever made a "cordon blue" chicken with them? Spread it between pounded uot chicken breast and add a little deli turkey, roll, and bake.. it rocks!

Popcorn popcorn popcorn!

carrots and guacamole!

Frozen grapes..so cool and refreshing!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I love the fiber one oat and chocolate bars, I usually have 2 a day.

I just love making food in my crock pot in general, it turns out very good and very healthy.
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I find having a few options at different calorie counts helps keep me going. That way I still feel like I have a choice... this week they are:

60-70 calories
    Hard boiled Egg
    Babel Cheese

100-120 calories
    Trader Joe Fruit Frenzy Bar (they rock)
    Lil drumstick Ice Cream cone
    Kozy Shack rice pudding snack
    Smart Pop 100 calorie bag

200 calories
    14 crackers and 2 TBS Trader Joe garlic hummus
    fajita wrap with turkey and slice of light cheese
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I Totally agree with the laughing cow wedges! Have you ever made a "cordon blue" chicken with them? Spread it between pounded uot chicken breast and add a little deli turkey, roll, and bake.. it rocks!

What kind of laughing cow wedges are the best for this recipe? Sounds DELICIOUS!!
  • MattT360
    MattT360 Posts: 1
    Options
    Overnight oats
    Greek Yogurt
    Popcorn
    Chili
    Wine
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Kefir
    Whole wheat pasta
    Ground turkey (99%)

How did I not know about Kefir? This morning for breakfast, I had plain oatmeal with some cinnamon, a bit of brown sugar, and half a cup of low-fat, cappuccino-flavored kefir. IT WAS AMAZING.
  • mjb10
    mjb10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love to spread the Laughing Cow original cheese on sliced apples. The flavors combine in an awesome way!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Almond milk
    Kashi cereal
    water with lemon in it
    salmon
    pita chips
    edamame

this list could go on forever...
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    Bump
  • sarahkumba
    sarahkumba Posts: 96 Member
    Options

What kind of laughing cow wedges are the best for this recipe? Sounds DELICIOUS!!

I use the Garlic and herb! but I bet the swiss would be good as well.