The Ultimate Before and After 30 Day Shred Thread

Options

Replies

• Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just got the DVD!! I'm soo psyched! I weighed in at 143.8 today, I decided not to weigh in until a full month from now July 23rd. I hope to get down to at least 135 OR a size 6 :D My plan is to start tonight and then switch to tomorrow morning and then continue in the mornings.
  • pkwalker23
    pkwalker23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late on this reply but you should use whatever size weights that you can maintain your form. If you break form, you risk injury. Also for the push-ups, do them on the wall until you get stronger.
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Got2believe
    Got2believe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So I ordered 30DS yesterday and I'm hoping it comes in tomorrow. You all have inspired me so much, and look so great!!! I'm petrified but I did some aerobics today and felt good so I'm hopeful! :)
    no before shots yet, and will take measurements when I get the DVD
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late on this reply but you should use whatever size weights that you can maintain your form. If you break form, you risk injury. Also for the push-ups, do them on the wall until you get stronger.

Thanks for the tips! I did my first level one work out today and omg I can feel it in my arms already. I never had a work get me sore so fast! I think i'll try the pushups against the wall tommorow.

Does any one know what the average calorie burn for level one is? i'd like to log it but the my fitness pal.app doesn't have it in it's database. Thank you in advanced! :)
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Excuse my language but holy ****! Ur abs look amazing! I someday would love to have ur abs..
    I started shred on 11/7/10 did it 2x until 1/25/11
    I lost around 19 lbs (140 to 121) and a lot of inches but forgot the exact amount :(
    these are the pictures of the before and after at that time....
    im 5'3

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy28/MissNazal/aftershred.jpg

IMG01607-20101107-1958.jpg

IMG01610-20101107-1959.jpg

IMG02384-20110127-0120-1.jpg

IMG02391-20110127-0123-1.jpg
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tips! I did my first level one work out today and omg I can feel it in my arms already. I never had a work get me sore so fast! I think i'll try the pushups against the wall tommorow.

Does any one know what the average calorie burn for level one is? i'd like to log it but the my fitness pal.app doesn't have it in it's database. Thank you in advanced! :)

the closest thing that MFP has to compare to it is circuit training...I recommend using a HRM though...it's the only way to know for sure :)
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    First I want to thank everyone who has made this board so successful! I could not have done this without my MFP friends and the motivation from this thread. All the people who have made it through the shred are completely amazing! I finished day 9 of level 3 today. I know I will have no problem finishing this tomorrow but I really want to get pictures posted tonight or it will not happen.

To give you an idea of what I was doing...I started MFP 35 days ago and have been watching what I eat (with the exception of this weekend sadly) and doing the shred. In addition, I have been taking regular walks at least 5 times a week (decline and incline for 25 minutes each time). I have done some extra cardio throughout but not too much. Most of my time has been spent outside gardening/landscaping so I have not logged many of those calories burned. I also started C25K last week and completed week 1.

I did not think to take before and after pictures until I had been on MFP for a week so day 1 pictures are actually day 7 pictures and by then I had lost 4.5 lbs (picture me a little bit fluffier in my before pics). ;) In 35 days I have lost around 8.5 lbs (weigh in tomorrow) with the help of the shred.

Here are the before (first photos) and after (second photos) shots:

Day7.png

Day302.png

Just freakin' wow. You look amazing!
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done. Its either getting easier or tougher I can't always tell! lol haha. Some of the moves I am doing more reps and feeling stronger and others still hurt like no other. Bicycle crunches are my nemesis due to coordination failures, haha! Everybody that's currently doing 30DS, keep it up and best of luck!

I just finished day 4 and those darn bicycle crunches are my nemesis too! I can't do the full minute....yet! Keep up the good work!
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I;m on day 11 of Jillian Michales 30 days shred...i'm doing it every day...with additional very high intensity cardio....just in the first week i've lost 3 lbs and lost a total of 6 inches just in the first week!! I'm am definately extremely happy with the results so far. In the past, my weight loss journey always have to do with after after my babies....so since i have 3 girls i'm pretty good at losing....i've only been able to loose 1.5 inches on my waist in a month.....anyway i really really recommend this program!! You will be happy!!!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks Maggie4097!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I first heard of this DVD on this message board was so inspired bought it.
    Read that Day 4 was hardest so thought if I can get through that day I can do this
    Well that was yesterday and I am looking forward to doing day 5 later
    I have carried on with all my other stuff and just added this in as well thinking the more I put in the more I should get out!!!
    Once again thanks to everyone who has posted their before & after you have inspired me 100% and lots of others I'm sure too
    xx:smile:
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I just finished my 30th day today. I am not brave enough to post pictures here, but these were my results:

Lost 6.2 lbs
    Waist: lost 2 inches
    Hips: lost 2 inches
    Arms: lost 0.5 inches in each
    Thighs: lost 1.25 inches in each
    Neck: lost 0.5 inches

Total inches lost: 8 inches!!
    Oh yeah, and I lost a jean size.

:)

When did you see the scale move??I am on D13L2 and my scale ahs gone up :sad:
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    I just finished my 30th day today. I am not brave enough to post pictures here, but these were my results:

Lost 6.2 lbs

Im on day 5 my scales gone up too. Im hoping its just TOM so it better go down in a few days :laugh:
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

Lost 6.2 lbs

Im on day 5 my scales gone up too. Im hoping its just TOM so it better go down in a few days :laugh:

I'm on day 5 and mine has gone up too. I'm expecting AF any day now so I think it's because of that. Oddly, though, I don't feel super bloated...
  • new_erin
    new_erin Posts: 8
    Options
    Amazing! Go you!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    simple advice for those of you just starting...it is so strength intensive that you can almost bet that you will have a gain from water retention until your muscles are more used to it!! that's why you don't feel bloated, and why you will still see a huge loss in inches even if the scale doesn't seem to match!! keep it up...I am sure that you won't be disappointed :)
  • Prettyme924
    Prettyme924 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    L1D2 my legs are soooo sore but I'm so happy I finally completed the entire level one. I been trying to get thru it for 3 days and I finally did it yesterday. Everyone thats having results are you just doing the 30 day shred or your combining it with something else.
  • annabellemayh
    annabellemayh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have posted on others but since this is the ultimate I thought I would join :)

Before 140
    f4f81599.jpg

After 121.5
    273090e1.jpg

Wow! Was this purely from doing the shred? Or did you repeat it!?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!