Unofficial MFP Spokesperson (No More Excuses)

Options
13»

Replies

• Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I could not agree more with this post. I get asked almost everyday what I have been doing and I always tell them about MFP. Some take the time to write down the website others just say oh good job. I got a good laugh from this post.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    mynewfavoritepost.png
  • jakemg
    jakemg Posts: 42
    Options
    This is the greatest post I've ever read. I hear all these excuses from people I send here. Seriously, you can log from your phone. If you don't have a smartphone, you can write it down and log at the end of the day. And I've only come up on two things that weren't in the database. I just took the three minutes to enter them from the recipe I used to cook it. It's a commitment, sure, but there's this awesome community behind it to keep you going.

I don't know how I lived without MFP for so long.

Be prepared to get a lot of friend requests from this post. (I'm sending you one).
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Your post is fantastic and expressed what I'm feeling in the best possible language! I'm with you, I love MFp, I love being successful as I work towards my goals, and I really love the supportive community here.

Everyone has full busy lives. I guess being overweight and unhealthy is simply too easy relative to taking responsibility for one's health. I'm much happier setting aside some time to stay healthy so that I can enjoy my life more!
  • kaypee65
    Options
    Your post is fantastic and expressed what I'm feeling in the best possible language! I'm with you, I love MFp, I love being successful as I work towards my goals, and I really love the supportive community here.

Everyone has full busy lives. I guess being overweight and unhealthy is simply too easy relative to taking responsibility for one's health. I'm much happier setting aside some time to stay healthy so that I can enjoy my life more!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Totally Agree... I have friends that I want to go the gym with me. They'll go one or two times, then they'll flake out. They will then turn around and ask me to go out drinking with them....

HELL NO! I'm going to the gym and watching what I put in my body... I worked too damn hard to get here to fall on excuses now!!!!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hands down. Best post ever.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT.....!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    ((stands up)) CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!!!

"the bull$hit you're feeding me is putting me over my calories for the day"......CLASSIC!!
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    If someone doesn't want to, or isn't ready to, they'll find a million excuses not to do anything. It's not hard to log calories, but it can be hard to be honest with yourself about how many calories you need to log!! Much easier to believe other people have a magic secret!

Totally agree!! But it's true if someone isn't ready to do it themselves then there is not a lot you can do for them. It is hard - #1 to be honest about how many calories consumed in a day and #2 to be honest about the issues/pain/insecurities etc. that got us "here" in the first place! Weight loss is about more then just "what" we eat, it is about "why" we eat. It's just as much an emotional journey as a physical one! Great Posts!!
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    LIKE!!!
  • diamond419
    diamond419 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    SOOOOO TRUE!!! I simply refuse to get caught up in the matrix again!! Save your lack of desire and excuses for YO MAMA!!! Love it!!!! :bigsmile:
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Great post!:)
  • Balfour35
    Balfour35 Posts: 13
    Options
    I 100% agree....we all have time it's just making the commitment and sticking to it! I think that we all have off days it's just a matter of picking ourselves and and moving forward.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It's the ones who ask "what's your secret?" then lose interest when I say "diet and exercise - I eat less and move more".

What did you think it was? Magic beans? FFS! :explode:
    Haha, I know, right?

Fortunately I don't have too many people like that. Most people who've seen me change have also seen my lifestyle change, so they're actually discouraged... They don't want to do all the portion measuring and exercise I'm doing.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yeah you!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I can relate to all of this, sooo funny :laugh:
    I have the people who sign up friend me and never come back!
    The mother in law who rolls her eyes and says I will stick to my
    weight watchers, shes been doing weight watcher 5 yrs and weighs
    more than ever.
    I hate when people say there to busy! we are all busy!
    you also gotta love the people who say they have lost xx amount already
    while drinking a pepsi and eating chips.
  • Crystaljk78
    Crystaljk78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That was great! And I must say that after trying 3 or 4 other calorie counting websites, MFP is by far the easiest to understand, has the most foods in the database, and the best ever community of support! I've only been on here about 10 weeks and I love it. It's nice knowing there are other people out there going thru the same things as I am and I've already learned so much from what I read on the message boards. Yay MFP :)
  • kaypee65
    Options
    I need to add to this. I've been doing some pre-packaged meals due to an exceptionally hectic schedule at the moment. So lots of bean soups, Amy's and Tasty Bite. I use my phone to scan the bar code and MFP brings up the selection to add. You'd have to be seriously dedicated to lazy for scan and accept to be too big of a hassle.