Options
    bump
  • kristina0206
    Options
    bump!
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    Delicious and packed with protein:

Tuna and eggs... sounds gross, OMG so tasty!

Put a bit of oil (small bit) in a frying pan toss in the tuna and warm up, I like mine a bit browned (Persian tuna packed in EVOO is best. If your tuna has oil, you may not need to add extra)
    Whip a few eggs (2 eggs per can of tuna), pour into well in pan between the tuna
    Whip them up until they just start to get solid
    Mix it all together until the eggs are done
    Toss in some salt (kosher or sea is best)

Serve hot with warm lavash or similar.

So tasty, so healthy and filling!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    The only tuna I like is Albacore...which is $$$. BUT! I found a solution...canned chicken lol. Tastes EXACTLY the same as Albacore...no carbs, excellent protien...and all the above recipes will work precisely the same.

I know it's semi unrelated...but I wanted to bump this for later use...and thought I'd toss that in =p.

Cris
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump! how timely since I just bought 2 cans of tuna today.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    mix an egg in with it, some spices and celery, make into patties and fry it up...i use low sodium chicken broth instead of oil.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I eat canned tuna in oil very often. I love it!

Today i had:
    tuna
    2 ripe red tomatoes
    1 sm red onion
    1 tin of corn with sundried tomatoes
    Chopped courgette (zucchini)
    65 grams multigrain rice
    Ruccola (rocket salad?)
    Dressing was the oil from the tuna, some white wine vinegar and a teaspoon of dijon mustard.

This was my lunch that i had at 12, and lasted me until 4pm!

I'll mix various veg in with the tuna, sometimes rice or pasta. It takes about 10 minutes to make ( i do it the night before).
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I made something a while back that was really good, trying to imitate crab cakes! Can't remember exactly but I will try... mix a can of drained tuna with some fat-free miracle whip, pickles and/or relish, onions, salt & pepper, and a little light shredded cheese (to hold it together; egg would probably work too). Then I sprayed a mini-muffin pan and packed the tuna tightly into it, sprinkled on some light parmesan cheese and baked into little tuna cakes!! be careful taking them out!
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    TUNA MAC!!!! One of my favs! I mix a can of tuna with my fav mac n cheese- back to nature organic white cheddar spirals! I also make it with unsweetened almond milk!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Tuna Patties

1 can of tuna packed in water, drained
    diced onion
    diced bell pepper (whatever colors you have)
    egg
    Mrs. Dash of your choice (or seasonings to taste)
    black pepper
    chopped spinach

Mix all ingredients together and form into patties. Saute in a little olive oil or cooking spray. Very easy and very tasty!

This sounds good! Trying it tomorrow!
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    All I ever do is a simple tuna sandwich: tuna, light mayo, chopped onion, a little bit of mustard, lettuce, and sometimes some parmesan cheese on toasted bread. But those tuna patties sound great!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like tuna on a toasted english muffin with some cheese melted on top and salt and pepper. I also like to put a can of tuna on rice with some apple cider vinger and spices or lemon juice and spices. YUMMY!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love making a tuna sandwhich on a pita by mixing it with avacado, black olives, chopped onions, a small amount of cheese. Then I add lettuce to my sandwich. I can't have Mayo so avacado is a great substitute. :O)

The best thing to do is also just test things out with what you have in your home, that is how I do it most of the time.
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    these are great ideas!
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    I like to add horseradish to mine.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Never ate tuna... Would like to start if I see some good combinations.
    Bump away.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    1 Can of Tuna and 2-TBSP of Reduced Fat Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese! It's DELICIOUS (and Low Calorie)....I usually eat it with 2 mini pita breads (makes 4 pockets) and I am STUFFED...and all for a total of less than 400 calories!

I have also tried it with other cream cheeses and it's pretty great! You can even eat the mix on crackers or lettuce!
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow...you guys have given me a lot of options for my tuna! Excellent ideas. I plan to try pretty much all of them. thanks for the input!
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I like mixing my tuna with non-fat plain yogurt. It really cuts the cals even more so than the light mayos out there. Add some hard boilded egg whites, little mustard, and mix.

I like to eat it on either a bed of lettuce with some shredded cheese on top or on a sandwich with lettuce/shredded cheese. I like using the Pepperidge Farm 45 calorie a slice bread. The oatmeal bread is my favorite, but I know there was a wheat and one other kind on the shelf too.
  • chmie662
    chmie662 Posts: 31
    Options
    try adding a little lemon juice and pepper