What did you accomplish in the month of May?

Options

Replies

• Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    In May I hit the 100 lbs. lost milestone & I bought (and can wear) a size 14 jean for the first time in 14 years!! This month I am shooting for onederland!!

- I'm one of those who haven't posted a success story. :)

WOW!! You are an inspiration! Great work.

What is "ONEDERLAND"

Getting under 200 pounds and having your weight start with a ONE.
  • thoughtfulnest
    thoughtfulnest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I was feeling stuck for the last week or two of the month and things are looking up again. This reminds me of what I accomplished before my very temporary pause; I am on a mission!

I started the month by running a big 10K race I haven't done since before my oldest was born four years ago. I just checked the difference in my time and I beat my 2006 run by over 7 minutes!

I also joined Jazzercise, which I used to do over ten years ago, and I LOVE it. I can only get to about three classes a week with my 2 & 4 year old boys, but the instructor is a fireball and makes me do things I would never do to myself! I know that as the weight comes off I will develop muscle tone as well thanks to this. AND I LOST 7 POUNDS IN TWO WEEKS doing this and running on alternate days.

I figured out how to use an ipod - well, mostly (my husband is still on task as my trouble shooter)...

AND, I was invited by a friend to join a secret Facebook support page for other moms trying to drop excess poundage. Every week I am accountable by a photo of my feet on the scale and we can write to one another for support or encouragement. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS, IT'S LIFTING ME OFF AGAIN!!!! WHEEE...35 lbs, get ready to say goodbye to this sassy *kitten*! LOL
  • thoughtfulnest
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I was feeling stuck for the last week or two of the month and things are looking up again. This reminds me of what I accomplished before my very temporary pause; I am on a mission!

I started the month by running a big 10K race I haven't done since before my oldest was born four years ago. I just checked the difference in my time and I beat my 2006 run by over 7 minutes!

I also joined Jazzercise, which I used to do over ten years ago, and I LOVE it. I can only get to about three classes a week with my 2 & 4 year old boys, but the instructor is a fireball and makes me do things I would never do to myself! I know that as the weight comes off I will develop muscle tone as well thanks to this. AND I LOST 7 POUNDS IN TWO WEEKS doing this and running on alternate days.

I figured out how to use an ipod - well, mostly (my husband is still on task as my trouble shooter)...

AND, I was invited by a friend to join a secret Facebook support page for other moms trying to drop excess poundage. Every week I am accountable by a photo of my feet on the scale and we can write to one another for support or encouragement. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS, IT'S LIFTING ME OFF AGAIN!!!! WHEEE...35 lbs, get ready to say goodbye to this sassy *kitten*! LOL
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I ran 20 miles - my longest run ever. And I did a pull-up (actually I did 2 "sets" of 2 pull-ups). Being able to do a pull-up has been on my goal list at boot camp since I first started 18 mos ago.

My goal for June: run my first marathon
  • thoughtfulnest
    Options
    Awesome, congratulations :D
  • Lutherangirl
    Options
    Although I started mfp in March. I did win our biggest looser competition at my work. I lost 18 lbs.We are continuning it through the summer. My proudest moment was accomplishing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 3 and starting on getting ripped in 30 days. When I started in March I could barely do a jumping jack.sThanks to the support of my friends and family and co workers. I still have a long way to go.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached any huge weight loss goals.

Though I have accomplished getting back on the wagon after falling off for a long time.

I have binged a little this month but I have not purged. I'm starting to feel like I might have a fighting chance against bulimia.
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    1. Lost 15 lbs.
    2. Went down 2 pants sizes and 1 shirt size
    3. Working out with a trainer 3x per week (never had a trainer before)
    4. Stuck to my diet and ate healthy and smart
    5. Decided to own the fact that I am a strong, awesome woman and I can make my own destiny
    6. Decided to Never Settle for Less than God's Best for my life from here on out.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    In May I ran my second 5K, didn't gain any weight throughout all of our tornado nonsense, quit getting XL t-shirts because I can now fit into a L, and squeezed my butt into a size 16 (which I haven't been able to do since high school)!!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    In May:
    Joined MFP.
    Lost 18 lbs.
    Didn't have any chocolate candy.
    Cut my sodium to under 2000 mg most days.

In June:
    Lose 15 lbs.
    Continue to improve my eating.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    In May:
    Joined MFP.
    Lost 18 lbs.

In June:
    Lose 15 lbs.

18 lbs in a month? You ROCK!!
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    I got into a habit of working out almost everyday -- and now feel guilty when I don't! I'm able to walk almost 2 miles now without getting shin splints.

I didn't meet my weight loss goal -- BUT I'm definitely moving things around because I have to wear a belt with my jeans otherwise they'll fall off me!! :flowerforyou:

I think my dog is starting to lose weight because we've walked so much --- and really how can I say no to that face? Could you?
  • tnkhart
    tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started working out May 1st.
    I've lost 9.5 lbs since then.
    I am doing cardio 3-4 days a week @ 30 minutes.
    Yesterday I purchased Power90 and I'm going to start doing that ASAP.
    For the month of June.......
    I hope to loose 10 lbs give or take and continue to educate myself of living and being a healthier person
    I also hope to inspire others and offer any support I can. Best of luck to you and feel free to add me if you'd like !!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    In May:
    Joined MFP.
    Lost 18 lbs.

In June:
    Lose 15 lbs.

18 lbs in a month? You ROCK!!

Thanks! I had a lot to start with. I know it will slow down but I'm taking what I can now.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    100 days of eating right and exercising with MFP and Primal Blueprint in mid-May.
    40 lbs of weight lost on MFP day 101.
    8 lbs. lost in May.
    Made it back down to what I weighed in 2005.
    Size 14 pants fit comfortably, and I can squeeze into and zip up size 12 jeans.
    I can wear my favorite trim-fit shirt again.
    My yard looks great due to the amount of "productive exercise" I've lavished on it.
  • Jen102011
    Jen102011 Posts: 5
    Options
    I made it to under 190 lbs! Hadn't been under 190 in a little over a year.

1589512.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SW: 200.4 (after joining MFP and finally getting serious!)
    CW: 185.0
    12WK Goal: 180
    16WK Goal: 170
    20WK Goal: 160
    Ultimate Goal: 145 for my wedding day 10/7/11!!!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Lost 8 lb
    Reached Healthy BMI, nice to leave "overweight" and I bought my reward - new boots :bigsmile:
    Bought a new pair of jeans - old ones were falling off. New ones are Size 12 (New Zealand sizing)
    People suddenly realised I had lost weight
    Started C25K

Super thread
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    I didn't give up despite some bad weigh ins. I allowed myself some time off for holidays and fun, and then refocused, lowered my calorie goal and took it seriously again at the end of the month.

AND I started Couch 2 5k and entered myself for a race! Who knew running could bring so much joy?! Certainly not me!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I got out of the 150's Major for me :smile:
    For June I hope to get out of the 140's
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!