Diet Coke

Options
2»

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Here is some good information that I found and a link to more info:

"Get ready to ditch your soda habit. I’m kicking Diet Coke — it takes time, and I’m down to five a week from a high of 12, but it’s worth it.

Here’s why: Recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners in soda may interfere with your body’s ability to estimate how many calories you’ve ingested, so you eat more than you need.

In a new rat study, animals that ate fake sugar consumed more calories overall and gained weight, compared to those that didn’t eat artificially sweetened treats."

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/healthieryou/371/skip-the-diet-soda/

Fortunately for us, we have opposable thumbs, so we can count calories. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yea, I'm starting to understand why my Grams always just kept doing whatever she wanted. One year drinking is altogether bad for you, and the next "a drink a day may prevent heart disease". And then the same with coffee, and chocolate, and eggs, and meat.....the list gets longer and longer.

Just look at it this way: Everything in moderation!
    I'm with you both on this one.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Hi my name is: :grumble: and I used to be a gummy bear girl er I mean ADDICT!...myself!:blushing: but once I started feeling them just SIT in the pit of my stomach I began to reevaluate the situation...PLUS...gads on the carbs on those lil boogies!! ah and NO I never ate the gummy boogies that they had out for awhile...ewwwwww:noway: :tongue:
    [/quote]

O totally on the candy. I think it's a sin for them to package three servings into what appears to be one. :grumble: They do that with my gummy worms.....
    [/quote]