bra size changes with weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    This is a sad reality. I need to go bra shopping soon. Goodbye to my victoria's secret bras. I just bought them last year!
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    40DD here! Mine are "surgically enhanced", but I am worried about losing so much (I have 168 lbs to lose) that I have to get a surgical revision. No loss in cup size yet, but my band went from being TIGHT on the last clasp to being slightly loose on the tightest clasp.
  • MichellelovesTimothy
    Options
    Well after having my first I was a 34DD about a month after having him.Ive lost 10ibs since I had him still got 5 more to go but my bust actually went up to 32E (cup is same as a 34DDD) I have always been slim in my stomach and bigger breast for my size. It all depends on how your body stores fat. If you gain fat in your torso you might lose your breast but if you lose it in your hips thighs butt area they might stay the same...does that make any sense?? hard to explain.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I was a 50 DDD in Goddess bras before. Now I'm a 44H or HH in Elomi.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So far I've gone from 38DD to 36DD. I wish I'd lose some at least.
  • JessicaDavila33
    Options
    I have lost 70 lbs and have gone from a 42DD to a 40DDD what is up with that?
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70 lbs and have gone from a 42DD to a 40DDD what is up with that?

I think this web site explains it best.

http://sophisticatedpair.com/blog/?tag=how-cup-size-and-band-size-work

It also explains why my 38GG boobs look smaller than the ladies I work with who all claim to be D cups but are much bigger around the back
    So basically your got smaller around the back but the volume of your breasts is still the same/similar to before you lost the weight
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Before I gained weight I was a perky 34B and very happy with what I had... Then I gained weight and ballooned to a 36D and I HATED it. I hate having big "auntie" boobs, they're just so ageing. Since I lost 22lb I'm back in a 34C and I can't wait for the rest to go.
  • squiguk
    squiguk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I wish mine would shrink! I've always been a 32GG and no matter whether I lose or gain they stay the same...I think personally I need to get ridiculously thin for them to start shrinking which is never gonna happen...
  • Kermitgirlbath
    Options
    Lots of people wear the wrong bra size, so what you started out at might not necessarily do the size you were.

I have lost 10kg / 22lb and have gone from a 30GG to a 28F, I still have a few lb to go so expecting to go down another cup size or two. I hope I won't have to roll the girls up to get them in there!
  • blizzardsmom
    blizzardsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Smaller boobs and being fit is better. Chest exercises to help stop gavity!!! For the top with the plunging neck line there is always the push up bra that adds a size if size matters to you.
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Does anyone ever really love their breasts!! I have always hated mine and the more I lose, the more I hate them. My band size has gone down from 42 to 38 but my cup size is still an H. I've lost 39lbs and i still look fat because of my top half.

I've suffered with backache, shoulder ache and I have deep grooves in my shoulders caused by the weight of my breasts.

I look like Dolly Parton and I HATE it.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Does anyone ever really love their breasts!! I have always hated mine and the more I lose, the more I hate them. My band size has gone down from 42 to 38 but my cup size is still an H. I've lost 39lbs and i still look fat because of my top half.

I've suffered with backache, shoulder ache and I have deep grooves in my shoulders caused by the weight of my breasts.

I look like Dolly Parton and I HATE it.

I've grown to love mine, big or small but it is annoying that my smaller breasted friends who are more "bottom" heavy than me seem to look slimmer than I do especially when sitting behind a desk or wearing a dress etc. But we are all different shapes and sizes and I need to love the shape I am as no matter how much weight I lose I am never going to be shaped like a pencil.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    I have lost almost 40 pounds and have gone from a 38D to a 30C. And I can't wear Victoria Secret bras anymore :(. But I do think my small chest suits my small frame :)
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Every woman is very different on how they lose weight especially in the bust area.

I was a 42DD and am now a 34DD. I wouldn't mind losing more in the boobs especially in the cup size. Last time I lost a lost of weight my boobs looked deflated this time I am doing it slower and healthier so they are going down portionally to the rest of me.

There are a lot of times I wish I had a straighter shape but I have hips and boobs and nothing I do will get rid of them so I have been learning to embrass them.
  • Cherrie163
    Options
    I tend to lose under bust weight which means my back size gets smaller but the cup gets bigger!
  • absentmindedhousewife
    Options
    Hi, first post.

I've always been flatchested but with weight gain, I got breasts. Now with weight loss I'm losing them. I'm perfectly OK with this. I came to terms with my breasts a very long time ago. I have always thought my chest was sexy at any size.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    two words: birth. control.

I used to be a 34 nearly A. then I went through some major health issues and was put on birth control after several surgeries/treatments.

i jumped up to a 36D.

I have lost 23 lbs so far... and I'm still a 36D. I suspect by the time I lose the last 15-20 lbs I want to lose, I'll be a 34 again... however, I'm guessing I'll also maintain a D, or if I do "shrink" I'll probably be a C at the smallest.