Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I finally got day 11 done. Day 1 on level 2. It was great to have a change and most moves didn't seem as bad on my knees there was that one that was a killer though. With the change in workout it seemed to go by faster.
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi guys,

I missed my work out yesterday - decided on a day off. I must admit level 2 really isn't doing it for me I had such good results and although it got a bit boring, I still preferred level 1. However, it's my weigh day today and I have lost another 2lbs , which I am majorly pleased about ;0)

Keep it up guys, it may a *****, but it works!!

Lou x
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    I was going to do level 1 day 2 today however my legs still are in so much pain from the first time she kicked my butt that i am going to wait a day and cont. i am afried that i could hurt myself if i try to much at one time. Am i the only one that has these issues???

No I found my legs were in agony with level 1, at the beginning. By day 4 they eased up and by day 5 the pain had virtually gone. But it's no joke, I had to shuffle down the stairs on my bum at one point, I was sooooo sore!!! I didn't miss any days though, just kept doing it.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness....day 2 level 2.

I am NOT a morning workout person, I always do it after work. However, this morning I realized that at lunch today i'd be leaving for the night, so I decided to squeeze it in this morning. WOW. I finished about 20 minutes ago and still feel shakey and like i'm going to die lol.

To those of you who DO work out very first thing in the morning, do you eat first? I can't eat first thing, Usually i'm up for about an hour or so before I eat, so I had had my coffee and a water. Am eating now hoping it makes me feel better.

Back to evening workouts tomorrow haha :)
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    level 2 day 1
    i almost died!
  • meggyannpt
    meggyannpt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness....day 2 level 2.

I am NOT a morning workout person, I always do it after work. However, this morning I realized that at lunch today i'd be leaving for the night, so I decided to squeeze it in this morning. WOW. I finished about 20 minutes ago and still feel shakey and like i'm going to die lol.

To those of you who DO work out very first thing in the morning, do you eat first? I can't eat first thing, Usually i'm up for about an hour or so before I eat, so I had had my coffee and a water. Am eating now hoping it makes me feel better.

Back to evening workouts tomorrow haha :)

I work out first and then eat, which seems to work well for me. I just always make sure to drink some water first (I live in Colorado, so I get dehydrated at night). My breakfast is typically whole grain bagel with cream cheese. But if evening works for you, stick with it!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 1 done.
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    level 2 day 1
    i almost died!

haha! Strangely I felt pretty ok on day 1 of level 2, but today, day 2 of level 2 I was pretty sure I was going to die lol.
    I soo do not have the upper body strength for those planks...killer! And those jump and twists look SO easy but that's what really made me think omg I can't do it! Pushed through, hopefully in the next few days it gets easier just like level 1 did!
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    Definitely happy for something new- I had to start muting level 1 because it got on my nerves!! lol

Ha Ha me too!

Done day 1 of Level 2, had a bit of a hangover so don't think I put my all in. Might do it again later?
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 2 done. Almost half way there. I cant wait to measure this week. Great job everyone.. I am so happy I found this challenge, I have wanted to do the shred but havent had the assistance from others to follow through until now.
  • stephy52604
    stephy52604 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    haha! Strangely I felt pretty ok on day 1 of level 2, but today, day 2 of level 2 I was pretty sure I was going to die lol.
    I soo do not have the upper body strength for those planks...killer! And those jump and twists look SO easy but that's what really made me think omg I can't do it! Pushed through, hopefully in the next few days it gets easier just like level 1 did!

I felt the same way. Day 1 was cake, day 2 not so much. I do feel a lot more energized after level 2 than I did with level 1
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Finished level 1 last night, was thinking about starting level 2 today but I think I'm taking a rest day from 30DS and just doing my elliptical/walk tonight.
  • jae6704
    Options
    level 2 day 1
    i almost died!

It does get easier, Day 3 on level 2 didnt hurt as bad as it did the first day
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 2 done. It was harder today than the first day of level 2. I literally cused at Jillian during the last cardio and ab circuit :laugh: I officially hate planks.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 2 done.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I found level two made me more out of breath than level three does - I felt like I was going to die the entire time, even though I started getting through it ok after 4 days.

I do it in the morning straight after I get up and before my shower - have a glass of water nearby for wetting my mouth but I find if I eat or drink anything properly first I just feeling it bouncing around inside my tummy! Euk. Squeezing it in pre shower really works for me as I've barely woken up but I've already done it, the rest of the day is easy in comparison!

Managed to finish the whole of level three all the way through yesterday (day 5 - took a bit longer than the others) - have found an exercise I hate more than anything plank - the Superman! OMG it kills! Feel like I'm going to break in half, and my arms have never felt so lead-like! Superman is evil afterall ;o)

My failure of motivation has officially been squashed by the fact that now that I'm really putting my all into it, I can really feel level three working out the muscle at the bottom of my tummy, i.e. the one under the pouch of fat that gives you a muffin top. Since that's the area I *really* wanted to work on, I'm really pleased that I know it's being worked out (I can feel it gently aching most of the day). I think it's probably the Pike that's doing it (though probably in conjunction with some of the other moves) - can't do Natalie but have found that just going from straight up to 1/2 way down (so not as modified as Anita) with the legs and still using the arms is doable, and is really pushing that tummy muscle :oD

All in all, I found level two good for endurance and cardio, but after working on level three for a few days it really feels like it's working some muscles again. So don't quit :o)
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    255 calories burned doing the Shred..426 calories burned walking with baby Sophia =681 calories burned and a HAPPY MOMMY!!!!Feeling AMAZING!!! Missed 3 days this weekend so I am starting on Day 5 Level 1.....DONE!!!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Finished L2 D3 today and I have to say that I REALLY SUCK AT PLANK POSITION!!!!! :sad:
  • jae6704
    Options
    day 4 of level 2 done. I even got in 2 walks today for a total of 3 miles. my legs are feeling it tonight. I hope to never see a plank jack again after this level...
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    Finished L2 D3 today and I have to say that I REALLY SUCK AT PLANK POSITION!!!!! :sad:

You are not alone!
    L2D3 done...wow, I sort of miss level 1 right now lol