Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    day 8 - day 2 level 2 done. I almost didnt make it this go round!
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just finshed Day 8. I started with Level 1 today and did Level 3 right afterwards. Won't be doing that again!! LOL

I thought level 1 was going to be super easy because I have been doing level 2 and 3 for the last month. I thought wrong. It works different muscles I guess and still as difficult as ever.

I weighed in at 134.2 this morning. I was 137 last Wednesday but pretty much binged out on food the night before so these almost 3 lbs are probably not real pounds. If that makes sense. Haha

Off to measure..

Chest - 34.5 (STS)
    Hips - 39.5 (-.5)
    Thighs - 22.5 (STS)
    Arms - 11 (STS)
    Waist (Large) - 37 (-.5)
    Waist (Small) - 29 (.5)

Total loss after 1 week = 1.5"

I am actually very surprised. The whole month of May I have been doing this (without diet mind you) and did not lose an inch. Now if I can start losing something off of my thighs I will be really happy!!!
  • alicia4ksu
    alicia4ksu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I took a rest day on Sunday, since I am doing other workouts over lunch (sometimes including some strength stuff), and am down 1.5 pounds. I won't take measurements until the end, but this thread is really pushing me to do it everyday. I even did the 30 day shred last night at 10, because that is when I finally had time to get to it!
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started on June 1 but was so sore from the first workout, that I had to take a few days off! I broke my elbow over the winter and the anterior raises in Level 1 really got me good. Had to rest my gimpy arm. But after a deep tissue massage, I now have two more workouts under my belt. The second one was tough after a week off but the third one this morning was less tough. Might try one more at Level 1 and then move on.

I have to say I love Jillian's no-nonsense attitude, though it does kinda weird me out when she calls the girls "buddy".

I assume most people here are doing other workouts in addition to the Shred? I do spin workouts at my gym and also do an additional weight workout a couple of days a week. I also cycle in the summer and log about 30-60 miles each weekend. My goal is to lose 5 more pounds by June 22, when I take off for the Greek islands!

Best of luck to all of you. Stay strong!
    :smile:
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 8 level 1 done! I know that I have seen a difference but I wanted some hard evidence so I weighed in today and checked a few of my measurements. Here goes:

weight 201.4 (-2.6 lbs)
    each bicep 13.75 (-0.75)
    waist-belly button- 38.5 (-1)
    hips- 44.5 (-1)
    each upper thigh 27.5 (-0.5)

I have to say that this is definitively giving me some motivation! I was surprised by my arms, I didn't expect to lose from them so fast. I have also done some additional cardio on the side 2x on elliptical and a little walking this week as well as sticking to my calorie allowance.
  • debjason65
    debjason65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    just finished my 3rd day yay its still gets me sweating..level 1
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Can I join this group??Or is it to late??I started June 6 so today is my 3rd day.
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Can I join this group??Or is it to late??I started June 6 so today is my 3rd day.

Day 3Level 1 done! Burned 237 calories...thinking about taking a walk when it cools down!I put Jillian on mute and put my own music on,makes the time go by much faster and I also seem to do better in all the exersises I could do more reps.
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    Day 6 done today... Should have been day 8 but missed 2 days due to sinusitis... Felt so ill and my balance was all over the place. Sooo ready for level 2, think I'm gonna do level 1 twice over the next 2 days to make up for the 2 I missed. Even managed to have a conversation with my hubby whilst doing it tonight, next challenge please!

BTW I have promised myself not to get on the scales or get the tape measure out til the end of the 30 days (think that's the hardest part so far!)
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options

BTW I have promised myself not to get on the scales or get the tape measure out til the end of the 30 days (think that's the hardest part so far!)

Good idea!!
  • sunshinesher01
    sunshinesher01 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So I did "Weigh in Wednesday"

And the scale said..... 280.5 (-2.5)
    I was dissapointed cuz I expected more... But I will live with it :) I wont do measurements until I am done with level 1. We do Level 1 Day 8 tonight.

-Happy Losing-
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am about to do Day 9, but before I do:

I lost 1.8 lbs, but didn't lose any inches, though a few people have commented on me looking more toned. I hope I see better results as I continue!
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    DAY 10. Goodbye level 1...sniff sniff... I had grown to like you but it's time to move on. Hello level 2!!!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done.
  • harliesmom
    harliesmom Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just weighed in, lost 1.8 lbs since day 2 of the shred! I am about to start day 10 (and the last day for me at level 1). I am getting kind of bored with it, so hopefully level 2 will keep me interested in it!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done one more day at this level

Ok well I gained a pound went from 173 to 174, but I dont think that I am having enough of Fiber and that is the issue.

waist 37 (no lose)
    hips 39 (no lose)
    left leg 21 3/4 ( a little under but cant make out reading)
    Baby flab C-section area 40 ( no lose)
    left arm 11 3/4 (1/4 inch loss)

Next week I think I need to add in my other leg and arm.
    I was able to do 38 push ups and when I started I could barley do 10.
    Over all even though I havent really loss anything in this past week, I can feel my tummy muscles through my tummy and I have a biceps and more definition in my arms, and my legs are looking better. Cant wait till the morning. Good luck all:)

after looking at my food the past 2 weeks, I found that my fiber was way down. I uped it to double yeasterday and lost the pound I gained pluss an extra one. YAH
    On anouther note have to do the shred tonight, bad storms were rolling through this morning.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    hello all!! ive lost 5 pounds since last week! amazing!
    hope everyone is still pushing!! :)
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    D4 L1 done 237 calories burned! Feeling SKINNY today:smile:
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Did D2 L1 last night...sooooo sore today!! Did go walking at lunch and hopefully will do day 3 tonight if I don't run out of time. Lasted alot longer last night than the first night :smile:
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    Day 7 and 8 done back to back (to make up for the ones I missed on Monday and Tuesday)
    Had a quick peek at Level 2 as well, so I know what to expect.