Consuming Hydrogen Peroxide?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ariyasnow1
    Ariyasnow1 Posts: 117
    Options
    This is from someone who was doing it. It is an interesting read as well, and has some good Q&A and comments.
    http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/health-fitness/26076-30-day-trial-drinking-hydrogen-peroxide.html
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I've used Hydrogen peroxide on cuts, and have also used it in my mouth.

I was informed, that Hydrogen peroxide is only water with an extra molecule of Oxygen.

Water = H20
    Hydrogen peroxide = H2O2

To me it's not dangerous - but can't comment on "food grade stuff"

That extra oxygen also changes some things in it's reactivity. In chemistry, things aren't usually a case of "just an extra" added to it. Careful what you assume. ;)

I'm not a chemist, or claim to know a lot about chemistry.

But add one drop of H2O2 to a full glass of H2O?

I already addressed the dilution issue in my first post - scroll up. But your comment isn't along those lines. Your comment is saying that you think that it's like water with an extra oxygen. That just isn't the case. It is NOT like water.
  • Ariyasnow1
    Ariyasnow1 Posts: 117
    Options
    Sorry to add an extra post, but here's a warning letter from the FDA about the 35%:

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2006/ucm076002.htm

Oh, you are awesome! I will share this with my co-worker. Thank you very much.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Sorry to add an extra post, but here's a warning letter from the FDA about the 35%:

Oh, you are awesome! I will share this with my co-worker. Thank you very much.

Glad to help! :)
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Over the counter is about 6% potency, the problem is the stabalizers.

Food grade is about 35% potency and needs to be greatly diluted started with a single drop in a cup of water. Interveniously it has been a great help to a few different conditions.

It isn't new.

Pure it is deadly. Diluted it can be pretty safe, if someone is using intelligence and low doses. I frequently use hydrogen peroxide in baths as an oxygen bath along with baking soda and epson salt. It really clears out the lungs and helps get rid of infections. In fact hospitals often use it as a vapor bath for pnemonia patients.

It isn't harmless if you take it full strength, much like taking an entire bottle of tylonel, but at the right doses it can be very useful. Just make sure she doesn't get above 25 drops per 8 oz of water. She should also be listening to her body and if she starts having any bad side effects she should stop immediately. She should also take care not to get any of the pure stuff on her skin and if she does flush it immediately.

Rocket fuel component is 90% potency and since you usually only get about .01% if that, then you're pretty far from the rocket fuel spectrum.
  • safetydave
    safetydave Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The body in fact produces hydrogen peroxide through certain metabolic processes and is used to destroy bacteria (free radicals). Hydrogen peroxide is decomposed by the use of enzymes, such as catalase, into H20 and O2 which are harmless.

I am unsure as to benefits of 'food grade' H2O2 but I am sure if used carefully and at a safe conc. it will be completely harmless.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Never heard of that! That's crazy. I would NOT go near it. It could just be a gimmick.

This is what I'm thinking! None of the websites has any reasearch to back anything up and I'm trying hard to persuade my co-worker not to do it, but I fear she will anyways. She says this friend is in her upper 50's and looks 20 years younger than she is.

I would say that if you can't find any medical/scientific info to back it up then it probably is not a good idea. Ewe....
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    that sounds crazy dangerous
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    NO! NO! ew. this is done when dogs swallow crap they chewed up to make them vomit
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've heard of food grade usage but only externally and diluted following careful directions. All the data I've read is anecdotal so would be reluctant to comment on whether the results claimed are widely applicable or accurate. This stuff is not for use by individuals without proper training. Google 'material safety data sheet hydrogen peroxide' for details.
  • kamkamblackfoot
    Options
    you are sheep.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, well, first, a drop of 35% into a glass of water isn't that strong (need I do the dilution calculations?)...so I wouldn't expect much of a reaction. But drinking the straight 35% is nasty, simply nasty and irresponsible. The stuff we buy in the brown bottles at WalGreen's is 10% or less.

Anyway, sharing the snopes article on H2O2:
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/peroxide.asp

Not that snopes is the authority, but at least they look into it.

I wouldn't touch it.
    35% hydrogen peroxide will cause chemical burns on mucous membranes.

I do take a product called oxy plus that has hydrogen peroxide in it for candida. It helps oxygenate my system to get rid of yeast. I took it on an empty stomach in the morning at a concentration of 30 drops of 35% hydrogen peroxide to 32 oz water.
    some of the warning were not to take it with vitamin c, iron, or fats because it can create free radicals. I would not recommend this to everyone but I had a serious case of candida and it would not go away with normal anti-fungals.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options

this is your standard FDA letter for alternative therapies, also 35% is made for transportation purposes and meant to be diluted.

If you are going to digest hydrogen peroxide it needs to be a concentration of 1.5 % or less and it must be FOOD GRADE.