5 lb gain in a week

ahadj
ahadj Posts: 257 Member
So this past week, I visited my parents in my hometown and came back on Tuesday 5 lbs heavier. (The familiarity of a home where I overate for years, plus everyone telling me how good I looked, blahblahblah, excuses.) Anyway, I told myself it was mostly water weight, but after a couple days of eating healthy again and drinking water, I am still +5 lbs from the last Tuesday, the day I left. This scares me because it is my biggest gain since starting to lose weight this time around (aside from fluctuations due to an especially heavy meal, TOM, etc).

Any time I've had a bad week like this after some significant weight loss, I've spiraled downward and ended up gaining all the weight back, plus more (I used to be the worst yo-yo dieter). I REALLY don't want that to happen, but I am having trouble getting back on the wagon....any tips or motivation anyone could offer?

Also: I diligently (if shamefully) logged all my calories while I was home, and while I was at a whopping 4,000something calories over for the week, I know that 3,500 cals is a pound, so I really should have only gained a pound or two. Is there a chance that this is still just water weight sticking around?

Replies

• kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    I definitely think it is water weight and a bit of your body getting a "shock" from over indulgence, so maybe it is holding on to it. I reckon it will have totally dropped off by next tuesday. Guzzle loads of water and exercise / walk everywhere. You got this covered!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Thanks, girl! I've come too far to let one bad week get the best of me. Back onto the wagon I go!
This discussion has been closed.