Calling all geeks - she didn't even cry when Wash died

Options

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    When I took in a family of kittens, we named them Jayne, River, Kaylee, Shepherd Book (but we called him Shep - he was very fluffy and his hair stuck out all crazy), and Badger (I still love the name!). Kaylee is now my brother's, and I kept River and Shep, but his named got changed to Trevor (Neville Longbottom's toad in Harry Potter, to keep my geek cred.) River lives up to her name. She's a crazy little ninja!

Not sure you had to explain Trevor, y'know! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'd love to be as tough as Zoe, as glam as Inara, as intelligent as River, but deep down... I'm all Kaylee. :heart:

My beloved says I am a perfect cross between Inara and Kaylee! He's obviously very biased! Zoe's sooo cool....well unless she's all corpsified and gross!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Even my boyfriend cried when Wash died!!!!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    :heart: Firefly/Serenity!!!

I was in a special sneak preview when I first saw the movie (the first of like a million times!). Joss was standing right there. It was his birthday, too. The collective gasp in the theatre was amazing. Poor Wash!
  • MsMadmagic
    MsMadmagic Posts: 66
    Options
    Wash dying completely ruined the whole thing for me, haven't been able to watch Serenity since, knowing whats in store for him. Lol
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh that video is hilarious! My friend introduced me to it and I literally watched it all in a week. Total addict now.

And I love Simon... :love: :heart: :blushing: What I wouldn't do for a for a full body check-up from him! :tongue:
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm a leaf on the wind T_T

I bawled like a baby. I remember I saw it on opening night at midnight with a bunch of other browncoats... everyone was gasping and shouting "NOOOOOO!~" I still watch them though, even if my favorite character dies...

That video is so hilarious! I would totally dump someone for not liking firefly.... I would wonder what is wrong in their brain!! Joss is boss, yo.

Also, My bf tells me that I am such a Zoe (without the muscles... yet!!). He is a major Wash. ;D
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This video cracked me up, my fiance likes Firefly but hasn't had a chance to fully sit down and watch the whole series. I may spring it on him this weekend. ;)

Total Whedonite here, love everything he's done and will most likely love everything he touches in the future. He seems to bring a certain magical quality to anything his creative energy touches.

I cried, bawled and pleaded with Joss when Wash died, I was SO sad. I still tear up when I see him fighting those dinos on his console because I know what's coming.

One of my favorite shirts ever - and will be getting re-worked when I lose weight:

http://www.teefury.com/archive/1207/Browncoats_Forever/
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be into "Firefly/Serenity" but I am so glad that my husband talked me into watching it. So freaking underrated and under-appreciated, except by the geek world. Introduced me to the lovely Miss Saffron aka Christina Hendricks, who is now my goal weight/look ideal. To me, that is a real woman :)

And looking at Mal wasn't a bad thing either ;)

2858698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm a leaf on the wind T_T
    :heart:

I don't cry at movies and I cried when Wash died. :cry:
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Love Firefly! And yes, I cried when Wash died.

"This is our land, and we shall call it this land."
  • RyvreTam
    RyvreTam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love Firefly! I tell everyone about it, even if I think it's not their thing. I have a pewter Serenity keychain too, advertising the nerdiness.
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a pewter Serenity keychain too, advertising the nerdiness.

You just made me spend some money.
  • gnat45
    Options
    Alan Tudyk (Wash) is playing Maria Bello's brother in the movie Beautiful Boy.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    I have to admit....I :love: :love: THIS SHOW...and MOVIE!!! I even watched the episodes of Castle just so I could see more of Nathan. God, Captain Mal = hot!!!!:heart::heart: I wish he would have been shirtless a little more, and well pantless but thats just me. lol

When Wash died, I thought it totally sucked and I didn't see it coming. :cry:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I have to admit....I :love: :love: THIS SHOW...and MOVIE!!! I even watched the episodes of Castle just so I could see more of Nathan. God, Captain Mal = hot!!!!:heart::heart: I wish he would have been shirtless a little more, and well pantless but thats just me. lol

When Wash died, I thought it totally sucked and I didn't see it coming. :cry:

I haven't seen any Castle yet (it's not available to rent in the UK) but I have seen several clips which have FF/S references, e.g. him dressing up as Mal for Hallowe'en!
  • gnat45
    Options
    I also like Castle, and the dynamic between Castle and Beckett, but it's not quite the same.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Wash dying was horrible but...."He killed me with a sword is one of the best lines ever!!! Love Firefly!!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Wash dying was horrible but...."He killed me with a sword is one of the best lines ever!!! Love Firefly!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The Castle character is great. :heart:

"I'm a Space Cowboy." :laugh:
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wash dying completely ruined the whole thing for me, haven't been able to watch Serenity since, knowing whats in store for him. Lol

I'm with you...I watch and rewatch the TV episodes, but won't watch the movie again. I think that killing off Wash was a TERRIBLE thing....and I wasn't crazy about losing the shepherd either. Pissed me off...seemed way too formulaic for Whedon.

I just watched the episode where Inara had a female client and cracked up every time Jayne said "I'll be in my bunk..."

And the other where Mal is in a duel ... "a great man...well, I'm just a good man...well, maybe I'm just alright..."

And the one where Wash is all jealous about Zoe and Mal. "Take me, sir...take me now..."

So much understated humor in the series, but the movie was too Hollywood for my taste, especially with the loss of Wash.

P.S. Alan Tudyk was RIOT in the movie Death at a Funeral (the British version)...if you are a Wash fan, you'll enjoy this!