Does anyone find that men are easier going than women?

Options

Replies

• casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    For me it's not about guys being more "easy going", it's just I have a hard time finding female friends interested in the same things as I am. I have a few friends that are girls, but the only things we do together are the occasional lunch and whenever I feel the need to go dancing, stuff like that, but for every day hanging out and close friends it's always been guys just because we tend to enjoy the same things such as gaming, sports, poker, making inappropriate jokes, etc etc. I guess you could call me a tomboy, but a tomboy that still likes to wear cute clothes and makeup just not really talk about clothes and makeup lol.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I find it to be the other way round. My friends are women as well and the only men I socialize with are their friends.
    '
    oops, I was not the lone dissenter:happy:
  • ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    HELLLOOOOOOO!!!!
    I was getting frustrated so I thought I would start a subject on it...lol...
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Danger, Will Robinson, Danger....

It's a trap!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    women are just way too *****y and jealous! i keep better friends with lads
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Agree 100% with each and every one of you. I'm not a tomboy, and most of my friends were guys. Think about it--2 guys can get into a fist fight one minute, then a while later they're having a beer together. If 2 women get into a verbal argument, forget it! I also hate working with all women. One or two are ok, but get a group of us together and holy smokes it's bad!!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    YES! Most of my not online friends are guys, I prefer it that way, women tend to be catty, jealous and boring to me and I just have more in common with men.
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    I'd like to have more guy friends as find them more down to earth and easy going but unfortunately my husband doesn't like other male attention coming my way :/
  • Maya1979
    Maya1979 Posts: 37
    Options
    I have found since I was little that it was so much easier making friends with boys than girls. My best friends were always boys.( I was not a tomboy either) Now as an adult I am finding the same thing. Does anyone else feel the same?
    I grew up with five brothers and my best friends while growing up were boys. Even now, I still find that it's easier for me to be friends with men than women. I find women to be jealous and whiny.
  • ginagn73
    Options
    I'd like to have more guy friends as find them more down to earth and easy going but unfortunately my husband doesn't like other male attention coming my way :/
    yes thats a problem for me to unfortunately...but I like them so much better...
  • ginagn73
    Options
    Absolutely-- generally speaking, more easygoing, less gossipy, less superficial, have a better sense of humor about themselves, aren't supersensitive, aren't ruled by emotions or hormones--

Men rule.

I'm so please your saying that and not me, a guy saying that would be completely FLAMED!!! :laugh:
    yes if you said it you would have been in a lot of trouble...lol
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Yes guys, our master plan is coming along nicely...

Mwahahahahhaa.... *rubs grubby little hands together* :laugh:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I always had more female friends than male, but then again I was the best guy friend, so girls wanted to be my friend (only).
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    There is a trick question somewhere in here, I just can't see it!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I have found since I was little that it was so much easier making friends with boys than girls. My best friends were always boys.( I was not a tomboy either) Now as an adult I am finding the same thing. Does anyone else feel the same?

Absolutely-- generally speaking, more easygoing, less gossipy, less superficial, have a better sense of humor about themselves, aren't supersensitive, aren't ruled by emotions or hormones--

Men rule.

:angry:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    In real life, not MFP, I have almost no female friends. My best friend is female, but she is a tomboy...like me! Don't let the profile pic fool you, I am a jeans, tshirt, hoodie, gym shoe kind of girl. I go out to lunch with all the guys from work. I never hang out with the girls. I don't know what it is, but I just don't fit in with other females.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Yep. I prefer guy friends too! I wonder if it has something to do with hormones ....hmmmm.. either way, their keels seems to be more even than ours. Definitely something to learn from haha.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think it pretty natural for most to get along with the opposite sex. I always get along better with women. I've had both male and female roommates in college. It was always easier to live with the women. guys always put on a front with each other. You should see some of the interactions between guys at the gym. A lot of them annoy the hell out of me grunting, throwing down weights, and strutting around like damn peacocks.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    A higher proportion of my friends are guys, yes, but that's partly because I work in an industry that 93% male, and also because my interests are rather "masculine." Whenever we hang out as groups of couples, if the room splits into guy/girl then I usually end up on the guy side...usually because the girls are talking about interior decorating or shoes (yawn) and the boys are talking about martial arts or D&D (yay!) But it really does depend on the person in question, and I prefer to judge people based on who they are without lumping them by gender. I'd hate for someone to automatically dismiss me because I'm female!

I think a lot of it is the fact that our culture kind of pushes us to compete with one another (particularly in terms of beauty), and a lot of people react to that by wearing a mask of confidence...and unfortunately, cattiness/jealousy/sniping at others is an easy way to build one's own confidence. Most women will actually drop that mask very quickly when given the chance, but I used to have a problem with making snap judgements and automatically dismissing people instead of giving them chances, so I probably missed out on some amazing friendships. Most women are actually nice, fun people...we just have to be willing to give one another a chance to drop our masks. :)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I've always found men easier to get along with than women. Where I currently work is very female dominated and I miss the banter of chatting and joking around with males.

To any and all - I'm looking for some more MFP friends, so please feel free to add me!