Does anyone find that men are easier going than women?

Options

Replies

• MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    Agree 100% with each and every one of you. I'm not a tomboy, and most of my friends were guys. Think about it--2 guys can get into a fist fight one minute, then a while later they're having a beer together. If 2 women get into a verbal argument, forget it! I also hate working with all women. One or two are ok, but get a group of us together and holy smokes it's bad!!

I couldn't agree more! I'm defnitely not a tomboy..I'm about as girly as they come, but still my best friends have always been guys. I just left an office a year ago full of only women to work in a larger setting with a good mix. It has been SO much less stress coming into work everyday and not having to deal with all of the drama.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Nope. I really find it depends on the person. I know plenty of neurotic men and totally laid back women and vice versa!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    smiley-transport006.gifEJECT! EJECT! THAT PLANE'S ON FIRE! GET OUTA' THERE! EJECT!!!!!

On a more serious note, I think all of the ladies here are beautiful and smart and, and, and..... Oh crap, busted! smiley-shocked015.gif
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I think it pretty natural for most to get along with the opposite sex. I always get along better with women. I've had both male and female roommates in college. It was always easier to live with the women. guys always put on a front with each other. You should see some of the interactions between guys at the gym. A lot of them annoy the hell out of me grunting, throwing down weights, and strutting around like damn peacocks.

This is a good point. Maybe it's more about the opposite-sex dynamic - like maybe the guys are friends with gals easier, also? They are all testosterone all over each other like we are all estrogen all over each other?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    smiley-scared007.gif
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    smiley-transport006.gifEJECT! EJECT! THAT PLANE'S ON FIRE! GET OUTA' THERE! EJECT!!!!!

On a more serious note, I think all of the ladies here are beautiful and smart and, and, and..... Oh crap, busted! smiley-shocked015.gif

LOL awesome
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    i have a lot of female and male friends on here and seem to get along with the both equally well for the most part but in real life i get along with guys loads better
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    We crazy, bee !
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    stupid double post :blushing: :grumble:
  • JGCowboy
    JGCowboy Posts: 58
    Options
    <
    Is accepting new girlfriends! :tongue:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    On a truly serious note now, I work in an industry dominated by strong, smart women (Nursing).
    I know my place, even when I am right, (most of the time..), which is why I am still married after 13 years...
  • ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    I hope no one thinks I am bashing women..I am a woman after all and I wish I could have more female friends. Its funny how so many women feel the same yet its so hard to become friends with some of them in real life.( I am not saying all women are the same..I do have a few female friends) So until women become friendlier I guess its MEN all the way.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I have two female friends that have been my best friends for years, but they are a lot like me in the way they think. Mostly though, I've always had way more male friends than female, mostly because I find it easier to just be myself around guys. Although, some of my male friends are worse gossipers than a lot of women I've met. :laugh:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Most the guys i'm friends with are gay....so basically i'm surrounded by witchy women or evern witchier men lol. But yes, men seem to be less "in the drama", but don't let that fool you because some straight men are sneaky with their gossipy/drama ways
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    My answer to this is....

When a told my fiance I didn't have a single woman I wanted to be a bridesmaid in our wedding, his response was "Hire them."

Man of my dreams. :laugh: :smooched:
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I agree! My best friend in high school was a guy! Men are a lot less complicated! :flowerforyou:
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Interesting.

If I had to take a guess it would be that women tend to see a significance in everything, so very few things can be of a light hearted nature. One of the reasons why you will see women getting so upset over another woman wearing the same outfit or looking for the hidden meaning (read: insult) into the most innocent comment. Men, generally, dont do that.

On the other hand, those same traits are what make women more attentive to details and more responsive to certain things in life. This is why a guy will have to cough up a lung before he goes to the doctor or do something thoughtless and respond to the offended party with "What's the big deal?"

There's always a cost/reward to our gender differences.
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have way more guy friends and tend to gravitate towards the guys at parties. I was raised by my single father and went into engineering so I'm sure that's a big influence. I have a few good female friends but they tend to be the "abnormal" women too. Most women don't care about my interests at all. I've had two really ugly incidents with a friend totally betraying my trust and they were both women.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Nope. The men in my life seem to have all the same issues as women, they just choose to resolve them in different ways. I've got a great group of girlfriends who are never jealous or catty. We're all pretty easygoing and get along great.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I have a handful of close girlfriends...but they're all whackjobs, crazy, and into the same awesome things like myself so it's all good. :tongue:

I will say though that I also have guy friends, and unless forced, I don't seem to make friends with girls as easily as I do with guys.