How do you get turkey bacon crispy?

Options
KLaurean
KLaurean Posts: 112
I use jennie-o extra lean turkey bacon (0.5 grams of fat per slice, if I remember correctly) and I spray the pan with pam, but I can't seem to get it crispy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear the answer for this.......I've given up with Turkey bacon....makes me angry lol
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's possible. My son likes this better than regular bacon but won't eat it unless it's crispy. He said my grandma did it because she fried it in grease and butter! Kind of defeats the purpose, eh? :bigsmile:
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Put it on a paper plate with a paper towel over it and microwave it... about a min for each slice... give or take depending on your micowave.... this is the only way I can get it crispy!
    Holly
  • denni514
    denni514 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I microwave it. It's always crispy
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oven bake
  • SinéadN7803758
    Options
    George Foreman grill!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Agreed microwave is the only way to make it crispy that I know of. :) Plus it's so quick and no dirty pan. :))))
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Are you cooking it long enough? It always seems to take forever to cook, and the first few times I made it, I found that I was undercooking it. Just keep frying it and periodically flipping it. Unless Jennie-O brand is somehow immune to crisping up, it really should get crispy. It might take up to 15 minutes or so.

Also, I never believed this till I tried it - if you make bacon in the microwave, it actually gets crispy, and cooks much faster too. Just put it in between 2 paper towels.
  • jamiefire7
    jamiefire7 Posts: 50
    Options
    I use Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon and I don't have any issues getting it crispy. I cook it on medium heat and it seems to turn out great!! It takes 15 minutes or so to get it just right.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i put in in a pan and spray it with butter flavored spray...the kind in the aerosol can...it comes out almost as good as bacon i try to spray it a few times during cooking
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I put mine on a skillet on the stove top and cook the crap out of it. I add no sprays or grease. When it is through cooking, I wrap it in a paper towel and leave it sit until the next set of bacon slices are done, then I swap them out. I also leave them on the plate for 5 - 10 mins before eating. They taste fine to me! (I don't like bacon, though, so what do I know!)

I *think* it's crispy?
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :love: Microwave it! I have eaten only turkey bacon for decades and love it crisp!
  • trianaw
    trianaw Posts: 177
    Options
    microwave & toaster oven
  • KLaurean
    KLaurean Posts: 112
    Options
    Thanks!
    I'll definitely try microwaving it!
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oscar Meyer never gives me problems for crispiness. Medium heat for a bit of a slower cook!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bake in oven for 12 to 15 mins at 400 spray a cookie sheet with pam spray or generic version and maybe flip half through cooking but I dont bother and its fine.
  • averrill1980
    averrill1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i spray a frying pan with pam and cooked it enough before it burns on medium heat. then let it sit for a minute. always turns crispy but not a fan of Jennie-o i like butterball
  • KStaff87
    KStaff87 Posts: 36
    Options
    I bake it in the oven
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    As a few have mentioned already... I put mine in the oven...

I also have a personal Weber Gas Grill that does a quick and easy job too!
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bake in oven for 12 to 15 mins at 400 spray a cookie sheet with pam spray or generic version and maybe flip half through cooking but I dont bother and its fine.
    Yes! Baking it n the oven is the best! I don't cook my bacon any other way anymore!! I don't flip it and do 350 for 20 min, but basically the same idea. I don't even use Pam. I make a big batch and reheat each mowning in the micro.