frozen foods like lean cuisine and smart ones

2»

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    I eat frozen dinners every once in a while. I like banquet dinners. I know that frozen food can be high in sodium, which in a way that's the way the frozen food is preserved.

This is a question for everyone. Do you cook with salt or any other seasoning that has salt in it? You don't have to eat frozen food to eat a lot of sodium a day. Salt has sodium in it as well.
  • ive used hc steamers.. lean cuisine.. ww smartones ... especially at work where i only have half hour.. i always accompany them with a little fresh veggies and for "dessert"... fresh fruit...
    im generally too full before i get to the fruit and eat it on the way home if im hungry...
    i think theyre great
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Yes, you have to watch the sodium in those frozen dinners. I keep lean cuisines and healthy choice in my freezer as well to eat once in a while. As long as you don't make it a habit then you should be fine. What you can do to balance out all that sodium is to pair one of those meals with something that's high in potassium, such as a banana, an apple, some prunes, or a drink a glass of coconut water!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    I use them quite a bit. I do try to bulk them up with some veggies, especially spinach, bell peppers and mushrooms.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    I eat frozen dinners every once in a while. I like banquet dinners. I know that frozen food can be high in sodium, which in a way that's the way the frozen food is preserved.

This is a question for everyone. Do you cook with salt or any other seasoning that has salt in it? You don't have to eat frozen food to eat a lot of sodium a day. Salt has sodium in it as well.

That is a good question. For me, growing up with father having issues with hypertension and BP issues, I learned at a early age not to use salt in cooking. I use other spices for flavor. Fresh ground pepper is what I use most. I know now when I eat too much salt my ankles blow up like balloons. Not fun. So I try to be as careful as possible.
  • cjstrong
    cjstrong Posts: 54
    If you're worried about sodium drink more water. Simple as that