Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Bit picky...aren't you?
  • mikemc620
    mikemc620 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wish that I could do what you are doing to gain all of this muscle. Building muscle takes a lot of hard work and a calorie surplus to add this size that you are talking about. If you are doing P90x but aren't in a surplus and aren't lifting heavy (I have done P90x before and it is hard but not the same) you will not get jacked like you say.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    There is no way to spot train or only get certain effects while ignoring other areas, the body doesn't work like that. Unfrotunately you don't get to choose your body type or body fat distribution, you can lose bodyfat overall but you can't control where it gets pulled from first. I've done P90X and it helped me lose a lot of weight and made me stronger and more fit. You're going about it with the mindset that you will bulk if you lift heavy, which is not true.

Bulking is actually very difficult to achieve and involves a lot of extra calories and a lot of protein intake. I'm assuming you're talking about Dreya on the DVDs, she's a fitness model as well as a performer so she spends many many hours a day exercising, not just doing P90X.

A lot of how you end up looking is genetic and has to do with your body type and body fat distribution. Some people naturally have a 6 pack and don't have to do much to achieve that look. As for the muscular look, that has to do with genetics as well. I lift heavy 2-3 times a week and, as I DO have a lot of muscle, I don't look cut like some of the girls on the DVD. Lifting light weights is not going to get you any results, stronger muscles, better metabolism, or anything as you'll plateau as soon as your muscles get used to the weight selection that you're using.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    xDaLqKA.jpg

My settings were wrong
    :laugh:
  • SonnyN9
    Options
    Just keep up the good work and follow through with the program. You will get to your fitness goals and shouldn't worry about the girls in the workout program. They wok much much harder to get there. You'll be toned before seeing muscles. Your body loses weight as a whole and unfortunately, the stomach is the last place to see results. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The girls in the videos worked very very had for that look.

Very hard..

When i was writing the post i never felt like i was being *****y.
    they do look great, that's just not how i want to look myself..
    I never meant it that way,.
    I didn't want to offend anyone, or put anyone down..
    I feel like a right ***** now =[
    [/quote]

i think the point being made was that you dont get to look like those girls by accident... if you dont want to be that defined, eat more so you dont lose much bodyfat.

as for the stomach lines, your body loses fat from where it likes, you cant do anything about that.
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You only get a six pack from diet, you could be at 18% body fat (if you were male) and do intense ab exercises, squats, and deadlifts for years and if you stayed at 18% you'll never see abs, it's purely to do with your body fat, the same goes for seeing that separation between your pectorals, you just need to have low body fat. If you don't want to look too "defined" don't lose too much weight after a certain point, as simple as that.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    OH a DOUBLE zombie thread.

dang- I'm impressed by MFP's dedication for dredging!