How do you like your cottage cheese?

Options
13»

Replies

• dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    I tend to like my cottage cheese on the sweet side although savory works too. I sometimes add sliced peaches or apples along with peanut butter. I also sometimes add salt and pepper to it when I add it to my salads.

There many different ways to spice cottage cheese up. Hope you find your favorite combination!
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used to hate cottage cheese too! Now, I love it! I often put a bit in my scrambled eggs, dip veggies in it, eat plain, top salads as a sort of "dressing", and use it in casseroles and other baked dishes. I've used it as a thickener in stroganoff type dishes too, it really is so versatile!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I used it yesterday on my baby potatoes instead of butter or sour cream and it was good. I am craving it right now i might have to throw some together.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    OK, I know this sounds bizarre, but it really is DELISH. I like it with tomato sauce stuff. I mix it into spaghetti and I put it on top of pizza. Also, you can get baked Doritos. Use cottage cheese as a dip. YUM! I promise.
  • thompson000
    Options
    Sprinkle mrs. dash and eat like a dip with veggies!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I just added it to my tuna salad instead of mayo.
  • Shadowekat
    Options
    I love to add the thousand island (homemade, no pickles) with fresh tomatoes and some pepper.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1/2 c. cottage cheese + 1/2 c. fresh pineapple, diced, + 1/2 c. All-Bran Flakes. Delicious! =)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle mrs. dash and eat like a dip with veggies!

GOOD IDEA! I am gonna try that one.