Really...A Crackhead!!!

I was having an awesome Sunday in church, handing out announcements and greeting the people. An acquaintance calls me over and says: "You should not lose anymore weight, if you do you'll look like a crackhead." Really a crackhead...71 lbs down, working out 4-5 days a week, best health I've ever been in, this is what you have to say??

LOL, of course I had just confiscated the large frappe drink she was trying to bring into church! At fist I said I would take the high road and just ignore the comment, but you know what...the high road was closed! After church I called her home and told her I felt her comment was mean, and inaccurate.... I don't know any crackheads who work this hard! I said I didn't appreciate her making the comment and just wanted to make sure she doesn't do it again. She apologized, and said she was just joking, blah, blah.

Moral of the story...don't mess with me, Jillian Michaels is my trainer!!

Replies

• dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Moral of the story...don't mess with me, Jillian Michaels is my trainer!!

HAHA !! Nice! :laugh:
  • Dont listen to them. Its just that people are use to u being overweight, and they dont know how to handle the new you! as long as u are eating healthy and are in your right weight range then u are fine! Crackheads are skinny and unhealthy. The ladies that made that comment are probably the type that hate to see people change for the better because they have their own issues.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Good for you for holding her accountable for her words and their effect. You stood up to a bully, and that always takes courage. I think the way you did it was awesome, giving it some time so you could really decide exactly what you wanted to say. Bravo beautiful lady!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    You go! You are looking fantastic!!!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Congratulations to you not only on your fitness journey, but for having the self respect and maturity to handle the issue head on and with a great deal of tact and dignity. I probably would still be standing there with my mouth hanging open had anyone said something like that to me. Nervy, to say the least!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 845 Member
    Good for you for standing up and letting her know how hard you have worked to look like a crackhead! lol
  • kim824
    kim824 Posts: 68 Member
    You are pretty awesome lady and as I always say -an inspiration! Glad you are my friend!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Haha...I love that the high road was closed! I'm totally stealing that line for my own use one day. :)
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    This just made my day! You look beautiful and fit! People are always going to try to bring you down whether you're skinny, fat, long-haired, short-haired, no-haired, dressed-up, dressed-down, no matter what. Keep doing what makes YOU happy and tell the world where they can stick their negative comments :)
  • KevKidd
    KevKidd Posts: 26 Member
    Awesome!!!

People ask me if I've been sick. Hell no! getting healthy!
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    i would call that a NSV, as ridiculous as it was tho for them to say that to you. I've also been told the same thing and i just said whatever. :)
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    You know what? First, I think it was awesome that you called her and stuck up for yourself by explaining how rude her comment was, and secondly, a large frappe to church???? Really??! That's almost as stupid as the comment. Well, I don't know the frappe in church might have been dumber. But what in the world are people thinking some times?? Anyway fantastic job on your weight loss and way to be assertive. People can be so ridiculous.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    WAY TO GO on calling her out! She needed to be called out for saying it. And I'm sorry, but in MY experience when people say something like that they AREN'T joking! They will say "Oh, I was just kidding" to cover their *kitten*, but in reality they meant every word of it.

I've been called many different derogatory names in the last year and it hurts. Especially when you know you've busted your butt to get where you are. I TRY and let it roll off me - but it is hard to do. She's probably jealous at how great you look and instead of saying "Wow! You look great" she's decided to take the bitter road instead.

Be proud and forget what she says... and really? A large frappe? Come on.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Awesome!!!

People ask me if I've been sick. Hell no! getting healthy!

I had someone ask me "Are you ill? You look way too skinny now!".

No. I'm not sick. I'm healthy and happy.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    WTG for putting her in her place. There are always those people who have something to say when we are trying to live right. They are usually the ones who aren't living right themselves. Keep doing your thing girl!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    LOL this cracked me up. Good lord!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    LOL!!! Too funny! :)
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Sounds to me like she's jealous and insecure.

In my experiences with people at work and acquaintances people who don't take the time or the effort to take care of themselves get really defensive when they see somebody they know putting in the effort.

They assume that we think we are better than them at the mere mention of our weight loss journey even if we haven't said or done anything to make them think that.
  • If you are unhealthy and are gaining weight, in my experience, no one says a word. Start getting your crap together an get healthy, and people say the meanest things. To be fair, lots of people are nice and say good job, but so many have no problem making negative comments about weight loss. I don't get it...
  • If you are unhealthy and are gaining weight, in my experience, no one says a word. Start getting your crap together an get healthy, and people say the meanest things. To be fair, lots of people are nice and say good job, but so many have no problem making negative comments about weight loss. I don't get it...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!