Really...A Crackhead!!!

Options

Replies

• Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic, Jan! You are an inspiration for me so you just keep on keeping on! :)

Thanks nanaBeth, so nice to have friends like you!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    In church? really?

Sure the comment was uncalled for, but you need to learn to turn the other cheek and exercise some self control.

Roid rage

There is a difference between turning the other cheek and being a doormat. Genuine concern is one thing but insults delivered in church and expecting someone not to reply because it is CHURCH, after all just allows bullying to continue. Truthfully, I've met some of the biggest bullies I know at guess where? CHURCH
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I was told not to lose any more weight at church a couple of weeks ago because I'm looking like a POW. Church people never cease to amaze me! I didn't get this type of grief when I was heavy!
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    In church? really?

Sure the comment was uncalled for, but you need to learn to turn the other cheek and exercise some self control.

Roid rage

There is a difference between turning the other cheek and being a doormat. Genuine concern is one thing but insults delivered in church and expecting someone not to reply because it is CHURCH, after all just allows bullying to continue. Truthfully, I've met some of the biggest bullies I know at guess where? CHURCH

The "roid rage" comment is obviously tongue in cheek. Because turning the other cheek and teaching people how you want to be treated are two different things. Trust me, all of us on this journey, no matter how much weight you've lost, have had many oppurtunities to practice self control. In fact, most of us are experts at it by now :bigsmile: .
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    You are looking awesome! I also think it's great that you called the person and let them know how the comment made you feel.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Well, if she's correct, you're the healthiest looking crackhead i've ever seen.
    I think you look PHENOMENAL!! (and nothing like a crackhead btw)
    jealousy is so ugly.
  • tsimehc2000
    tsimehc2000 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Jan,

My favorite line of your's is, "Crackheads don't work this hard." Keep up the good work, I'm sure there are a lot more positive people that surround you than this crackhead wanna-be ... :)
  • lheislup
    lheislup Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Make me inspired to push to achieve my goals. Thanks!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING. I'm sure that's what he meant to say. :bigsmile:
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING. I'm sure that's what he meant to say. :bigsmile:
  • sacred81
    sacred81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LOL...I loved the part about the high road being closed...I'm gonna have to steal that!...Great job on you weight loss and you look just beautiful, don't listen to the naysayers!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh this post made me chuckle. It is just amazing how people are so used to seeing overweight people that when they see someone loose weight, nice and toned, and working to improve, they just don't know how to give a compliment and keep it moving.

You did the right thing by pointing it out because she probably didn't realize just how offensive that silly comment was.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Why is being overweight in some communities more acceptable than being fit and healthy? My niece told me a couple of days ago that I looked anorexic. Anorexic at 155 lbs.? Congrats on your tremendous loss and dedication!
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    Oh this post made me chuckle. It is just amazing how people are so used to seeing overweight people that when they see someone loose weight, nice and toned, and working to improve, they just don't know how to give a compliment and keep it moving.

You did the right thing by pointing it out because she probably didn't realize just how offensive that silly comment was.

I think you're right!
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    Why is being overweight in some communities more acceptable than being fit and healthy? My niece told me a couple of days ago that I looked anorexic. Anorexic at 155 lbs.? Congrats on your tremendous loss and dedication!

So true! I wish it were not so acceptable in the African American community. There's really an epidemic of heart, kidney, diabetes, and other diseases associated with obesity. Thanks for your well wishes, you look great as well!
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    LOL...I loved the part about the high road being closed...I'm gonna have to steal that!...Great job on you weight loss and you look just beautiful, don't listen to the naysayers!

Go right ahead and use it :happy: Thank you for your kind words!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good for you for calling her out on it. You should feel great about that, and about your amazing weight loss. Jealousy is so ugly...
  • Janworkingitout
    Options
    U go girl!!!! I had a "friend" (who is bigger than me) tell me that if I lose 30 lbs I would look like a crackhead. I'm at 167 now and used to be 125lbs at 5'5". At not one point in my 30 years on earth have I ever looked like a crackhead. In my mind, I thumped her in her head. Some people just don't want to see you progress, because they have no aspirations to do better with themselves. It's called hating. Let her do her job and you just keep improving on you. Maybe one day she'll join you in working out instead of working out her lips. LOL

Good point!
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    love it and thanks for sharing! personally i can't wait to look thin enough to be a crackhead,what a change that would be for me! You look great and i know you Feel better than even how great you look! God bless!3697427.png
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    Crack head!! Oh.. sorry. I couldn't help but to laugh just a bit!

If your what a crack head looks like, then crack heads are some good look'n folks!

Exactly! You're gorgeous, lady!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!