How many lbs equals a dress size?

Options
124»

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    24 pounds. no difference in clothes yet.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This thread is a old-timey, but it depends on the person and the clothes. There is a bigger gap between size in plus versus misses or regular sizes.

It took me a very long time to go from a plus size 20 to an 18 to a 16. But it seemed like I wore a regular 16 (about 1/2-1 size smaller then a plus size 16) for about 2 months before it was huge and I had to drop to a 14. Now I haven't lost any weight, but I've lost inches and my 14's are getting loose already.

It also depends on the cut of the clothes, too. I have 2 pairs of Lucky jeans- one is skinny and one is straight, same size. The skinny pair is very clingy all over. The slim pair are loose to where I was wondering if I should have got a size smaller.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I know it varies so much from brand and person, but in my current brand I am a size 9/10. I went to try on the next size because these are so loose, they are falling down all the time, the next size down is too tight.

But I went to a different brand and fit type and the next smallest size is still hanging off me. So I have lost 20 lbs and still haven't gone down a size.
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started in a UK 22 and it took

Approx 20lbs to get into an 20

Approx 16lbs to get to an 18

Approx 12lbs can get most 16s on some fit perfect and some snug.

So it has been a lot easier the more I lost but if you are bigger you lose the fat inside around your organs first.

I'm currently 205.5