This is very stupid... ::WARNING::

Options
13»

Replies

• ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    uuuuuum okay loll someone was bored bumping ancient irrelevant zombie threads. Well played there.

just noticed, and this is the second thread-oh well, I wasn't on MFP in 2008
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My big bugbear is "totes".

I mean, come on! It takes about 6.7 nanseconds to say the full word: "totally"
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I have about 1000 unusual euphemisms for sex and genitalia.

'Getting squelchy' was very popular with an MFP friend.
    'Pantsless Leapfrog' also goes down well.
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've used "underwhelmed" for years; think my Dad started it. "Dorkus" = dork +doofus.

Oh, and "wonderbar" is from "wunderbar" , the German word for wonderful; also "schmutz" is German for dirt. Guess they ARE real words - just not in English!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Forewarned but wondering what any of this has to do with Diet & Weight loss? Shouldn't all this be in Chit Chat forum with the other pointless crap? Smiley face, dude holding flower, unicorn........

maybe the ab workout from Laughing????:flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    As a former competitive Scrabble player...(don't laugh...seriously)...I feel compelled to point out that some of these portmanteaus are actually valid words now. For example, "fantabulous" is good; "terribad", at least so far, is not.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    As a former competitive Scrabble player...(don't laugh...seriously)...I feel compelled to point out that some of these portmanteaus are actually valid words now. For example, "fantabulous" is good; "terribad", at least so far, is not.

I think "ginormous" and "humongous" count as valid words now too, or at least should. Both have been in common usage at least since the 1960s. I remember "groovy" from that era too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvlW4bEjB5A

A rarely heard one that's been around for several decades is "mismeander" = misdemeanor + meander. It's what can happen when you stray from the straight and narrow.