Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!!!) June 6th-June 12th

Options
loveme445
loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
This thread is one in which a new fitness and dietary challenge is posted each week. The challenges begin on Monday. Lets keep this rolling!

Here are the challenges/format to post for this week: (ANY one can join in at ANY time!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

FITNESS CHALLENGE:
Walk, Jog and/or Run 21 miles this week. That is an average of 3 miles a day.

DIETARY CHALLENGE:
Drink 80 Ounces of Water Daily
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the format to post your updates and track your progress: (can be copy/pasted to post daily, weekly, whenever!)

MON –Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
TUES – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
WED – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
THU – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
FRI – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
SAT – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
SUN – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##

Total Miles: ##/21
Total Days Meeting Water Goal: #/7

Good luck! :drinker: (water)

Replies

• Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    bump. I'll be doing this - need as much as possible to get my head back in gear!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    will see how I go with this one will be away for a few days of it. Also day is nearly over for me and I have hardly drunk any water. guess I sould guzzle some
  • Kayamooh
    Kayamooh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'll take part because I've already been for a jog this morning!

I'll post today's results before I go to bed.
    Great challenge!
    (also for anyone who doesn't measure anything in fluid ounces, 80 is approximately 2.27 liters)
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'll try although I know I don't have that much time for running....I wish I had a pedometer, I'm sure I walk that much in any given day...
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Water will be no problem! Not sure I will find time for 3 miles a day, but I will try. Time to go find a pedometer.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am in. Hopefully this will get me off my butt and moving more this week.
  • dgarblik
    dgarblik Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The fact that I don't wanna tells me I oughtta ... so (sigh) I'm in! (I'm a stepping machine/dvd workout girl, but I think getting out there and hoofing it will be good for me).

I usually drink tons of water (four 24-oz bottles per day), but I've been slacking lately.

Okay - here we go! Ack!
  • bbahmer377
    bbahmer377 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I usually am a dvd girl as well, but really want to start running regularly. Perfect chance to do just that!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    MON –Miles: 3 ~ Ounces of Water: 1.5L
    TUES – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
    WED – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
    THU – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
    FRI – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
    SAT – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##
    SUN – Miles: # ~ Ounces of Water: ##

Total Miles: 3/21
    Total Days Meeting Water Goal: #/7

more water tomorrow. should be drinking more whether the challenge is on or not.
  • tbever
    tbever Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am in!! This is perfect for me this week, as I need to do some preparation for an upcoming race!! Back to the Couch to 5K this week!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    you must have known that I had been slacking off on water this weekend and told myself last night that it was time to start chug-a-lugging again. Funny, drinking beer doesn't count toward water intake - who knew?!? :laugh:

I've also challenged myself to walking the baby to the sitter and then off to work at least 1 day/week this whole month. That's 6 miles round-trip. I'm going to try for twice this week, which will bring me to 12 miles. Now I just have to think about getting in those other 9 miles.

Looking forward tot he stellar combination of miles and water!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

(also for anyone who doesn't measure anything in fluid ounces, 80 is approximately 2.27 liters)

Thanks for that!! We Brits don't do the fluis ounces thing so that always confuses me! I always went on the number of pint glasses instead.
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think I can do this one! (I totally bombed last weeks challenge :embarassed: ). I'm on Week 6 of C25K, walking son everyday on his last week of school and so I should be able to just add in some extra miles to make it! Good luck everyone!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options

Thanks for that!! We Brits don't do the fluis ounces thing so that always confuses me! I always went on the number of pint glasses instead.

Did you know American pints are different than British pints? American is only 16oz while Brit's are 20oz. This is the kind of random thing you learn when you are a beer brewer's wife :laugh:
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • brozer
    brozer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yahoo! I'm in too. That's a much tougher challenge than last week but I'm on for it.

Water should be no problem but the 3 miles.....I am willing to give it a go.

Many thanks for inspiring us!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Holy crud ghats some mileage!! Back to c25k for me this week so I will attempt this.
  • caresshudson
    caresshudson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sounds great and it gets me ready for my next 5k's!