Anyone got any breakfast ideas?

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
I'm looking for low sugar/protien breakfast ideas, every breakfast cereal I like is loaded with sugar :explode:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    I'm looking for low sugar/protien breakfast ideas, every breakfast cereal I like is loaded with sugar :explode:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled eggs with veggies & salsa. :tongue:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I had a mini plain bagel with fat free cream cheese, about half a serving, this morning. Bagel is 100 cals and I believe 1/2 a serving of the cream cheese is 40 cals....that and a glass of milk. I'm full!

Edit: 1 tbsp (1/2 serving of ff cream chesse) is 15 cals!!! yay!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Eggs. I eat 2 whole eggs every morning. Yes you can eat the yolks. They have determind that eating the yolk is good for you. Tons of new studies out there. It is chalked full of nutrition. Plus the protien is harder to digest so it keeps you full longer.

I usually will dice some bell peppers and onions very fine. Spray the bottom of a skillet and cook the veggies, then pore eggs over top and cook. Very yummy and filling.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Cereal: I usually eat Fiber One Honey Clusters! You only need a cup, they are really filling.

Other than that I eat:
    Smoothie (1 c milk, 1 c strawberries, 1 yogurt)
    Weight control oatmeal
    Protein shake
    Eggs with toast
    Sometimes pancakes, when I know I have a hard workout later i don't feel guilty eating them:blushing:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Cottage cheese (if you add splenda to it, it's kinda sweet and not as sour! :happy: )

I also like a whole grain english muffin with some whipped cottage cheese on top of it. Yum!

Oatmeal is good...you could add splenda and cinnimon. :smile:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I eat this alot....

1 whole wheat english muffin
    1/4 cup egg beaters
    1 slice reduced fat american cheese
    add some turkey bacon, turkey sausage patty or ham slices and you've got a really easy, fast, low cal McMuffin with all the good stuff you need.:happy:
  • artnoren
    Options
    As fall and winter approach I like hot oatmeal. I eat McCann's Quick Cooking Irsh Oatmeal. It has no sugar and no sodium, and it has 4 grams of fiber per serving. I add fresh or frozen berries for a very healthy breaksfast.
  • bluemountain2185
    Options
    Try a smoothie:

4 Fresh strawberries
    1/4 Fresh pineapple
    1 Kiwi
    Low fat yogurt
    Low fat milk
    Pumpkin seeds
    Flaxseed rich in omega-3.

Put the contents into a blender with a few ice cubes.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Well I just had the extra fiber wheat thins with pb...mmmmmmmm SOOOO good, except I'm feeling like another plate would hit the spot lol
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I can understand avoiding very sugary foods. But carbs and portein are the building blocks of any healthy meal (breakfast included). Stick to all natural cereals with skim milk. Eggs are great, if you can't have the cholesterol try egg beaters or just using the whites. Fresh fruit and yogurt are an awesome option if you're on the go. Sometimes I even opt for pancakes, served with fresh fruit. You really can't avoid carbs AND protein, and you shouldn't try to. You need plenty of both at breakfast.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Eggs. I eat 2 whole eggs every morning. Yes you can eat the yolks. They have determind that eating the yolk is good for you. Tons of new studies out there. It is chalked full of nutrition. Plus the protien is harder to digest so it keeps you full longer.

I usually will dice some bell peppers and onions very fine. Spray the bottom of a skillet and cook the veggies, then pore eggs over top and cook. Very yummy and filling.

Being a Diabetic, I'm only allowed 3 eggs per week due to their high protien level :sad:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Special K is a cereal option... the rest I know are high protein.
    Wheat bagels
    french toast?

I don't know I like protein in the morning... sorry I can't think of anything else.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    that is very interesting that you were told to limit your protein as a diabetic- normally you want to learn how your body responds to carbs and then work on regulating your blood sugars from there- have you ever consulted with a diabetic educator in your community or nutritionist?? It would probably be well worth your while and if you are diabetic, insurance will most likely pay for it!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Buckwheat and brown rice cake with a schmear of natural peanut butter - protein, good fats, whole grain carbs... and delish!!! Under 140 calories, and gives me great energy!
    :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I eat this alot....

1 whole wheat english muffin
    1/4 cup egg beaters
    1 slice reduced fat american cheese
    add some turkey bacon, turkey sausage patty or ham slices and you've got a really easy, fast, low cal McMuffin with all the good stuff you need.:happy:

All hail the the soup nazi! This is my favorite breakfast. I use 2 eggs but only 1 yolk and make 2 sandwhiches...one for my chunkymunkyhubby (i can call him that cuz he pays our daughter to sneak him in chunky monkey every nite!)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled eggs with veggies & salsa. :tongue:

oooh I am going to try that, yummy:drinker:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm simple, I eat the high fiber cinamon swirl quaker oatmeal. it's the best. i feel full esp with a bottle of water and i'm normally good til my first break. you can look it up in the food diary to see all the "stuff" that's in it. i know its 10g of fiber and 160 cals. which isn't to bad.
  • carak2000
    Options
    Oatmeal! So good for you and high in fiber. Quaker makes a "weight control" kind that is extra high in fiber, and they also make a lower sugar kind, which tastes just as good. And instead of just adding water, I like to add skim milk to make it a little creamier.