TEAM VILLAIN - WEEK 3 - **CLOSED GROUP**

Options

Replies

• Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OK guys I challenge everyone here to walk two miles today!

OOOH sorry I didn't see this! I would have jumped on this challenge :)
    After work tonight I am going grocery shopping UGH. I HATE grocery shopping! My husband usually does it but he is working today and tomorrow (his normal days off) so it looks like we are having sam's club pizza for dinner. I'm actually looking forward to pizza, since I haven't had any in a LONG while! I have already put into my diary and I haven't added my exercise yet, but I think I will OK!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend! What is everyone doing?
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    The weather here in CT has not been exercise friendly! Severe thunderstorms that knocked out power for 2 days then rain all weekend. I've been puttering around today, cleaning and organizing. kind of in the mood to just sit on the couch! My sweetie is at work and the little man is at his mom's for the weekend so i'm all alone! Maybe i'll watch a movie later and enjoy some ME time :) Such a quiet week from our group, hope everyone is doin' alright!!!
  • unaffected
    unaffected Posts: 154
    Options
    Hi Teammates!

Just wanted to let you know that I had to remove a member due to lack of contact w/ me: jennybass. I will be adding another person to our team, and I will let you know who/when! :)

Go Villains!!!
  • unaffected
    Options
    New team member added!

quixotic84

Please send her a friend request so she can stay connected! :)
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Haven't had time to read all the posts from last week but will do so later. I did peruse them a moment ago and noticed you had done a 2 mile challenge last week which is great.

I sent unaffected an e-mail earlier today asking what she thought about me posting daily challenges to motivate any team villain members who were interested. She e-mailed back to say it was a great idea and it might keep our thread more active so go for it! I find my personal weekly goals help me but having a daily challenge really motivates and challenges me and helps keep me in line on a daily basis!

Let me know what you think.

As for today, I am keeping it "simple" by doing girlofsun26's personal challenge of the day which is to do 30 minutes of exercise. I am off to do that right now!
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    Okay I did my 30 minutes of exercise today and even broke a sweat and this is coming from someone who hates sweating! ;)

I am sure many of you did way more than 30 minutes!
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    I wouldn't mind the daily challenges. My goals for the week are to cut down the amount of sugar in my breakfast each day, run 3 miles & burn 3500 calories.
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Okay I did my 30 minutes of exercise today and even broke a sweat and this is coming from someone who hates sweating! ;)

I am sure many of you did way more than 30 minutes!

Yay!! Your awesome!! I'm so glad that my challenges are helping others to do them too!! PS tomorrows challenge for me is to drink 100 oz of water..I know for some this is a easy task...however for me not so easy..But I will do it!!!
  • searbear1980
    searbear1980 Posts: 110
    Options
    30 Minutes of exercise Check. It was a great walk with my almost 15 year old son! Pizza for dinner it was an ok day. Not the best food day but I was under. Hope everyone had a good day.
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    Don't think I can drink 100 ounces of water as I think that is 12 and a half cups.
    Right now I have been working on drinking 6 glasses a day and even that can be a challenge for me at times.
    I still have cup number six sitting with me in my study and it is 11pm.
    Sooooooo I will up it to a goal of 8 cups for Tuesday.

As for the rest of Team Villain, for Tuesday's goal, choose 1 of the following:
    -drink 100 ounces/12 and a half cups of water
    -drink 8 cups of water
    -up your water by a cup or 2
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So much water! That is by far the hardest challenge you can give me. Tell me to do x amount of an exercise or x amount of minutes, fine, but water! I have a hard time drinking unless I am eating something, but I will try!!
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    So much water! That is by far the hardest challenge you can give me. Tell me to do x amount of an exercise or x amount of minutes, fine, but water! I have a hard time drinking unless I am eating something, but I will try!!

I agree it is so much water! That's why it's a challenge! ;)

I knew I would never be able to drink 12 and a half cups of water like girlofsun26 so I made a more realistic goal for myself: up my 6 glasses of water (which is tough enough for me) to 8 glasses of water. I am currenlty working on glass 6 right now.

mrtentaclenun just try to up your amount a cup or 2 from your normal amount. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • unaffected
    Options
    I posted the weekly results! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/258822-true-blood-weight-loss-challenge-results-thread-closed-grou?page=2

We came in 2nd place for the week!! That's a big improvement. Congrats, team!!! Let's take first place next week!!! :drinker:
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    I posted the weekly results! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/258822-true-blood-weight-loss-challenge-results-thread-closed-grou?page=2

We came in 2nd place for the week!! That's a big improvement. Congrats, team!!! Let's take first place next week!!! :drinker:

We are for sure going to have to take first place next week as the first week we came in fourth (AKA last!). The second week we moved up 1 spot to third place. This week we moved up 1 more spot to second place. Soooo, next week we move up 1 more spot to first place! It's as easy as that! ;)

Now I must go look at the results! Thanks for posting!

P.S. Just finished glass number 6 of water which is my regular goal. I have 2 more to drink to meet today''s challenge.
  • MrsVagus
    MrsVagus Posts: 82
    Options
    Nice work everyone!!
  • searbear1980
    searbear1980 Posts: 110
    Options
    Good Job Everyone!!! Ok 102 ounces of water Drank. I think I may have burned 500 calories going to and from the restroom. :-) Such a good thing having Daily Challenges really helps push me. :bigsmile:
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    Good Job Everyone!!! Ok 102 ounces of water Drank. I think I may have burned 500 calories going to and from the restroom. :-) Such a good thing having Daily Challenges really helps push me. :bigsmile:

Thanks for taking the water challenge. You did awesome!

Even with my 8 glasses of water my bladder was harrassing me a lot! ;) I can't imagine drinking 12 and a half cups!
    I did a better job drinking my water earlier in the evening tonight as last night I was drinking my 6th glass around 11pm which did not bode well for sleeping as I had to get up a couple times during sleeping hours!

Glad you like the daily challenges.
    They help keep me motivated and challenged of course! :)
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    I met all 3 of my goals today! :)

Stayed under my calories.
    Exercised 30+ minutes.
    Drank 6+ glasses of water.

Also met our challenge of the day: Drank 8 glasses of water!

Also met my bonus of the day: Ate WAY less sugar! :) Yesterday I was over my sugar by 58 and today I am only over by 1!
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    Monday's goal/challenge was 30 minutes of exercise
    (and I also worked to stay under my calories and eat less than 1500 calories) .

Tuesday's goal/challenge was to increase water intake.

Wednesday's goal then should have something to do with our food intake soooo this time I will give you more freedom.
    Pick 1 thing to improve in your food diary. Make it specific to your "trouble" area so it will be a challenge.
    For example:
    -lower your sugar intake
    -lower your carbs
    -lower your fat
    -stay under your calories by a good amount
    -stay under your calories without having to exercise

I will work on keeping my sugar low for the 2nd day in a row which won't be easy as one day was tough enough!
    I will also work on having a decent amount of calories left over as opposed to the bare minimum.
    Tomorrow will for sure be a challenge in both of these areas as I am in charge of bringing snack to my small group Bible Study!
  • ReggaeNurse
    ReggaeNurse Posts: 140
    Options
    Hey team....finally, I found the current thread, lol, I was sooo confused before. Anyways, even without knowing it, I did great with Tuesday's water challenge. I drank 12 glasses, and actually try to do that everyday. It helps for me to have my water jugs, and I just sip away all day.

Regarding Wednesday's challenge, my goal is keep under my sugar target. Sugar isn't my friend, yet always finds a way to sneak into my life....so I'm going for day number two of being under (yay me, I was under today for the first time! :bigsmile: ) Now I just need to repeat that again:grumble: . Also, I want to do at least an hour of Zumba tomorrow and burn a minimum of 400 calories. Sooo, good luck to you all.