Show this to your husband / partner

Options
124»

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This is something I needed to read. Thank you! Maybe trying to include him in this will make things better.
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! :)
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank You! Wish I could discretely show this to my husband some how. He "supports" me in his own way (telling me I am sexy and grabbing me in some way), but he really doesn't get why commenting on my "snacking" and giving me "pointers" on exercise (from the couch with a lager) isn't really motivation - it hurts.

So glad someone gets it, so I appreciate it.

Right there with you :cry: sometimes they just don't get it.

Thanks for the great post!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    **LIKE** Really trying to get my husband on the healthy bandwagon with me. He supports my efforts 100%, but so far no luck getting him on board. I love him to death and it's not about vanity it's about his health!

Ditto to this one...mine is totally supportive, just hasn't made the changes on his end I'd like to see. And same as above, it's about his health, not his looks. But I believe once he sees how serious I am and start seeing results, I think it will kick him into gear as well!

Great message by the OP!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    awww that made me all mushy inside! :smooched:
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! :smile:
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    Well said but made me sad too

why sad?

Sad because I don't get support from my oh! Then again he fell in love with me big so doesn't know what I will be like plus he's scared I will leave
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well said but made me sad too

why sad?

Maybe because someone felt it needed to be said? To me, everything you said is standard practice....

Or not......:embarassed:
  • kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that post. Even though my husband supports me, I'm still going to show this to him. :bigsmile:
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Listen up men, this is awesome! I've tried to lose weight so many times before, but it's just so hard when I'm having to buy two seperate sets of groceries, and prepare separate meals because my husband isn't on board with the program. I also hated having to take away "us" time for exercise etc. When I started this three and a half months ago, I told my husband, I'm doing this, and I would like for you to do it with me, but if you don't I'm doing it anyway. :-) I think he knew I was serious, and he reluctantly agreed to do it with me. Now, he has lost over 30 pounds, and I have lost 16! He told me the other day that I looked sexy, and it was the BEST payoff I could have received for all of my hard work!

Right there with you sister! My man finally got on board when he got a high bp reading at a doc visit. His family tends to die of heart disease fairly early. I've needed to diet and was getting healthy when I met him, but he wouldn't join in and wanted tons of bad for you stuff. When he finally jumped on board I had finally shed about 30lbs from using Byetta (a diabetes med that helps you feel sated despite taking insulin and keeps your bg down as well) and swimming and cutting portions. However, he's mostly focused on sodium and portions and still buys sweets and wants pasta and started baking bread. All stuff diabetics who have high fasting sugars need to cut waaay down or out! When he first started watching diet I had a hard time not feeling resentful. aka "Why couldn't you do this when it was MY health at risk!" However, he's the one that got me to MFP via a friend of his. Now if I could just get him to not feed me milk chocolate, dark not so bad/less sugar.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Bravo
  • cissy84
    cissy84 Posts: 18
    Options
    Wonderfully said! Thank you for this post :heart:
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thanksssssssssss so much.

:drinker:
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    "like" the bf is supportive :smile: . Just doesnt always put 100% thought into it. Last night while I was on the treadmill he was dishing Icecream leans out from the kitchen and as soon as he started to ask realized what he was asking, and then, goes "you're not gonna want any of this icecream are yah?"
    Me: :noway: "Nope"