Do guys think weight loss is hot?

Replies

• haha I love that you said this. Girls are so analytical but we honestly can't help it!

It's good to know how guys feel about it. I feel like it will be so obvious how fat I am now after I've lost the weight and I'm afraid I'll be embarrassed.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    As a guy.... I think that all you women are seriously overthinking it.

Guys don't analyze and think about things like that. If you look good on any given day, our mind will think "Ooh hottie." (and then some explicit stuff I shouldn't post). If you haven't been a hottie before.... OUR MIND WON'T CONNECT THE DOTS! Over time, our mind may start to accept the fact that... this girls a hottie!

When a guy tells you "You look nice." or some other complement... take it as that. You don't need to to think that we are giving you a compliment because you looked like **** last week. Ya'll read into us WAY too much.

Guys aren't that complex. Seriously.

Ha ha! Good post... but, don't y'all wonder why all the sudden someone looks hot to you? Do you think to yourself, hmm... I guess I've never really looked at this girl close enough - she is hot! You don't connect the dots to what a person looked like 6 months ago, but doesn't it seem funny that you suddenly see hotness?
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    PS if a guy wont date you when your "fat" vs "skinny" than NEXT his *kitten*!!! ♣ lol

Acting like women don't do this all the time.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    I think that when someone is working hard to improve their diet, health, and fitness, it is absolutely, positively hot.

yes
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    haha I love that you said this. Girls are so analytical but we honestly can't help it!

It's good to know how guys feel about it. I feel like it will be so obvious how fat I am now after I've lost the weight and I'm afraid I'll be embarrassed.

YES! Exactly! Like, do I look like I am finally admitting that I was too fat, and now I have decided to lose weight and give in instead of putting on the act of fake self confidence when I was overweight??
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member

Guys don't analyze and think about things like that. If you look good on any given day, our mind will think "Ooh hottie." (and then some explicit stuff I shouldn't post). If you haven't been a hottie before.... OUR MIND WON'T CONNECT THE DOTS! Over time, our mind may start to accept the fact that... this girls a hottie!

When a guy tells you "You look nice." or some other complement... take it as that. You don't need to to think that we are giving you a compliment because you looked like **** last week. Ya'll read into us WAY too much.

this.

My wife, when she was my girlfriend, lost a good 50 lbs and it didn't weird me out, in fact, I liked the fact that she did (health and physical reasons). She has since gained all of it back, but I still love her the same.

Because of my weight loss, and being on here, I try to comment to people I know that are losing weight.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    My wife's lost 35 lbs. in recent months. She definitely looks hotter.

(Uh...*even* hotter! :-) )

lol nice save.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Who cares, I'll feel 'hotter' when I'm slimmer.

Exactly how I feel. LOL I think the weight loss makes my husband uncomfortable, scared I'll run off with the pool boy or something. :grumble:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    What is "HOT" is a lady that is taking control of her life to be healthier and fit.
    Tie that in with an improved physical appearance and you have a lady a guy would die for.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    PS if a guy wont date you when your "fat" vs "skinny" than NEXT his *kitten*!!! ♣ lol

Acting like women don't do this all the time.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    There's more to it than physical appearance to attraction...when a women loses weight and gets fit she has more confidence in herself and carries her head higher...confidence is sexy, self assurance is sexy, loving yourself and what you are is sexy...that is all.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    i personally think its uncomfortable. i have a friend whose husband enjoys working out as well. we used to go to the gym and he was like a mentor bc he knew how to do the stuff i didnt. well, she has now gained 60 lbs and has started saying things about how her husband and i talk to much or spend too much time together. total shocker to me! bc ALL we talk about is weight loss and exercise. but bc she is gaining, its now making her uncomfortable. which in return makes me uncomfortable. and the same goes for the guys at work. we had a bet that i wouldnt last doing the p90x. i wore a "tighter" shirt to work the other day... just take a guess who won that bet! LOL.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    There's more to it than physical appearance to attraction...when a women loses weight and gets fit she has more confidence in herself and carries her head higher...confidence is sexy, self assurance is sexy, loving yourself and what you are is sexy...that is all.
    Strangely, I think I have less self confidence now then I did before. Lol. Or it could be that more attention makes me paranoid, I don't think "they think I'm hot", I think "what are they looking at, is my hair weird or something??" :laugh:
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    My Husband loved me at 162 lbs, when I was FAT...

Now that I am at 120 lbs. Achieved in 5 months and 10 days

He is very proud of me, he LOVES how my confidence has sky rocketed. I am more pleasant to be around.

Only bad thing is his wallet is gettin' smaller of each new sexy outfit I buy now :wink:
  • chrisfnet
    chrisfnet Posts: 83
    I'll just say it... looks matter. Face it, men AND women are far, far less likely to ask someone out on a date if they're not physically attracted to them. That's just the way it is.
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 306 Member

Wow, how refreshing to hear a man say what I have been saying for years "men don't think like us". LOL
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    guys, it's a trap.. don't respond:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    :)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    I've had guy friends comment that I look really good and ask about it and I have had others not say anything.

I like when people notice men or women because I feel it validates my hard work. As for the physical attraction mini debate I believe that initially it is looks that attract people to each other but personality can end up making or breaking the attraction once you get to know them.
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    guys, it's a trap.. don't respond:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    :)

I was going to post earlier but then I thought twice......:indifferent:
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    We think "Man, I hope she still has that fat chick mentality. This is going to be easy! :laugh: Just kidding! I'm only kidding, just a joke, not looking for any trouble. Truthfully we are always happy to see another hot chick in the office :smile:

Ah! Thats the type of thing I want to know! Do they see you as a hot chick with a "fat chick" inside? Do you ever get rid of that "ugliness" that some men see when they see an overweight woman? (I have been very obese before, so I am not talking about a pleasingly plump look)

Honey -- I don't think that's what he's saying. It's not about ugliness -- it's about willingness. It's the idea that a fat chick has low to no self esteem and gives it up just to not be alone.
This discussion has been closed.